Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the pics, sorry for the delay. Been really busy, had to upload from camera to computer, then resize then upload to hosting site. Pain in the a$$ lol. I've added an arrow on the arm picture to show the piece on the upper arm that is metal.

s59s.jpg

rimx.jpg

1ek1.jpg

seha.jpg

wwxf.jpg

kctc.jpg

rxyn.jpg

zl9p.jpg

t6yn.jpg

Last edited:
The pelvis and thighs are definitely made of metal and I'm pretty sure the hands are too. You can easily tell what parts are metal by gently tapping them with a screwdriver. Hot Toys never said this piece was solid die-cast so not sure what all the debate and drama is about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die-cast_toy

Here are the pics, sorry for the delay. Been really busy, had to upload from camera to computer, then resize then upload to hosting site. Pain in the a$$ lol. I've added an arrow on the arm picture to show the piece on the upper arm that is metal.

Thanks for the pics and our demands! :duff

The pelvis and thighs are definitely made of metal and I'm pretty sure the hands are too. You can easily tell what parts are metal by gently tapping them with a screwdriver. Hot Toys never said this piece was solid die-cast so not sure what all the debate and drama is about.

What drama?

People were wondering which parts were diecast. I still am. :lol

It's that good that it's difficult to tell what's what by looking alone.

What's made of metal?

Shoulder joints/piston hubs

Upper arms

Lower arm struts

Hands

Pelvis

Thighs

Spinal cord

Lower leg struts

Most of the feet

Toes

You could machine the whole thing from metal but you would also need to add a few zeros to the price tag.

Electroplating alone would cost you more than what Hot Toys was asking.

You are correct, the pelvis and thighs are metal. I think everyone is pretty much aware that the thighs are metal, no one was arguing that, but I did mistakenly say that the pelvis was plastic, to which I apologize. It is indeed metal and I'm not sure why I said it was plastic lol. Must've been thinking of something else. Hands are plastic though.

You are right, you can tell which parts are metal by tapping on them with another metal object (screwdriver, or a coin). It will make a metallic clunk noise, similar to what you'd hear if you tap 2 coins together.

There is no drama though. People were just curious as to which parts were actually metal, and people wanted pics of my broken endo, so I provided them.

Great pics. Thx, X.
But I think the pics to not CLEARLY show which are metal.
That could've been said if the parts had been broken open.
Even that you said that the spine is metal is "kinda" wrong:
The essential spine is plastic, but the core, the cord in itself is a posable metal cord.
Interesting construction, but not fully metal nevertheless, you know?
And what about the chest...?

s59s.jpg

rimx.jpg

1ek1.jpg

seha.jpg

wwxf.jpg

kctc.jpg

rxyn.jpg

zl9p.jpg

t6yn.jpg

xp10sive Just trying send you a message mate but you inbox is full :(

Great pics. Thx, X.
But I think the pics to not CLEARLY show which are metal.
That could've been said if the parts had been broken open.
Even that you said that the spine is metal is "kinda" wrong:
The essential spine is plastic, but the core, the cord in itself is a posable metal cord.
Interesting construction, but not fully metal nevertheless, you know?
And what about the chest...?

Hey Endo,

You're right, the pics don't clearly show which pieces are metal. It's very hard for me to do this through photos, unless I go to the effort of really smashing all the plastic bits as much as possible. If you have these parts in hand, you can clearly tell which ones are metal, trust me. The metal pieces are much colder to the touch, and if you tap them together they make a similar sound to coins tapping together, hence why I know they are metal. The plastic bits feel different in my hand, They are much lighter and warmer, and they don't make the same clunk noise like when I tap on the metal pieces. Also, they flex.

Those small pieces that make up the spine, the ones that I'm holding in my hand in the pic that slide over the metal cord are actually metal as well, not plastic. Again, they are cold to the touch, have a bit of a weighty feel, and when I tap 2 of them together they make a metallic clunk noise, just like tapping coins together.

The torso is definitely plastic. 100% on this. Although my pics don't show it, in hand if you grab it, you can easily tell. It is very light and doesn't have that cold feeling that the other parts have. Mine was cracked somewhere at the seam, but pics don't show it. Also, it flexes. If I grab the flap at the front of the chest, I can flex this, just like plastic. Metal wouldn't do that. Also when I tap on it, it doesn't make the same noise as when I tap the other parts. Smashing this to pieces is quite hard given it's shape, but I probably could do it to prove to people that it actually is plastic, but I don't want to since I wanted to keep the parts of the endo intact to keep as spares, so I don't want to destroy them completely.

I was gonna say - those parts could still be useful. There's diorama potential for a smashed up endo if you were so inclined. Would have been great actually if your smashing could have just so happened to coincide with the way he gets blown up in T1....

xp10sive Just trying send you a message mate but you inbox is full :(

Cleaned it out mate, sorry about that :)

I was gonna say - those parts could still be useful. There's diorama potential for a smashed up endo if you were so inclined. Would have been great actually if your smashing could have just so happened to coincide with the way he gets blown up in T1....

:goodpost: That's exactly why I kept my parts intact :) A diorama has always been on the cards, but unsure as to what kind of diorama yet. The plan was to always purchase another endo at some point, and make a custom diorama base since I hated the factory HT one, and I was going to use some of the broken endo pieces as part of the wreckage. The chest and leg I wanted to use to customize my Enterbay figure, but too much work to do the knee (it's beyond my capabilities), and the chest does not work as it is too narrow near the top (The chest opening is too big on the Enterbay figure, like the actual prop). I wish there was someone with great talent who lived locally near me that could customize my Enterbay figure with these parts. It would make that figure absolutely perfect.

Interesting idea to use the HT endo parts for the EB BD T-800. Though it'd probably be less hassle to have someone chrome the already present EB endo parts.

xpl0sive I was wondering how resistant the diecast parts are to damp conditions and rust, I ask as I have mine near to the kitchen and when Im cooking the steam comes in to the living room if I dont shut the door.
Maybe a little experiment would show us how good this Diecast is Hot Toys use, as this surely would be what they are using on there others, Iron Man, Robocop etc I know its not supposed to rust as its diecast and contains zinc, aluminum & magnesium but that still dont stop me worrying about the steam :lol

I'm thinking for weeks.. if i buy or pass this guy.

I love the franchise, i have the 1/4 Enterbay T800 BD and more 4 Terminators HT

but, i'm afraid the small difference in scale between the Endoskeleton and T800 BD can ruin my display (side by side).

What do you think ?

xpl0sive I was wondering how resistant the diecast parts are to damp conditions and rust, I ask as I have mine near to the kitchen and when Im cooking the steam comes in to the living room if I dont shut the door.
Maybe a little experiment would show us how good this Diecast is Hot Toys use, as this surely would be what they are using on there others, Iron Man, Robocop etc I know its not supposed to rust as its diecast and contains zinc, aluminum & magnesium but that still dont stop me worrying about the steam :lol

What sort of experiment are we talking about here? lol I don't really want to ruin my parts intentionally, as I do want to use them in a dio eventually.

Back