HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried looking at his gallery uploads and did a search for posts made by him. I got a message saying nothing can be found. I get the same thing when I try to look at my own posts. Something is wrong with the site.

I looove the 1/4.
b92466c80e8311d13887cc2cb305ce95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, from the front it looks flimsy as hell, but there's a supporting beam at the back that the figure stand rod plugs into. It's actually very stable. My stress was the shelf it's on, but that is rock solid too. He's tucked into a corner so the chance of a bump is minimal to zero. :hi5:

I'm not asking if the QS one is better than the ESB version. I know the QS one is better. My question is by how much. Lets say you were gonna give both of them a rating on a scale of 1-10, would the QS one be just one point better or would the difference be more drastic like comparing a 6/10 figure to a 9/10 one? Details like differences in paint quality, tailoring, articulation etc would be great.

I have owned all of the 1/6 Vaders out of all of them the 1/4 wins because I am basing it on scale and accuracy and also price.

The ESB Hot Toys Vader is now in the 900.00 range and the pre-order for the re-release is sold out. The 1/4 Vader is the same price or less.
The 1/4 has better detail and the suit is more accurate looking in terms of wrinkles etc . The 1/4 Vader base is really good despite the wobbly nature of the top half but it is stable enough. It is the be all end all Vader and its going to be hard to top it.

The 1/4 is more impressive by scale alone than the 1/6. I have both, and if I was to choose the 1/4 would be my choice. I have a lot of Vader figures and statues in many scales, and HT 1/4 Vader in in top 3 after Iron Studios and Attakus 1 Vader statues. That says a lot.

What if the Attakus Vader v1 was 1/4 scale? Would you then rate it as highly as Iron Studios Vader?

I tried looking at his gallery uploads and did a search for posts made by him. I got a message saying nothing can be found. I get the same thing when I try to look at my own posts. Something is wrong with the site.

1/6 TESB v 1/4 ROTJ comparison...

DSC_0315.jpg

Doin? a little brow wranglin, Shipmates..
A bit unruly, but getting there:)
View attachment 489588

Nicely done! Definitely helps bring out the Shaw likeness..

Nice comparison! I've been tempted by that 1/6 DV, but I think I'll be set with this 1/4 :drink

The thing that really bothered me and why I passed on the 1/6 ESB version is that they gave him the widows peak (or just recycled the ANH dome). I mean that's one of the most distinct differences between ANH and ESB. So I think they just recycled the ANH dome because 95% of the people don't know how it should be so they don't notice. I was very pleased that the 1/4 scale version was accurate in that aspect so I went for the 1/4 scale Vader as well.

Figurative LOL at the 1/6 shoulder armour being the same length as the 1/4. The chest boxes aren't that far off either. Hopefully a 1/6 ROTJ fixes all that.

The thing that really bothered me and why I passed on the 1/6 ESB version is that they gave him the widows peak (or just recycled the ANH dome). I mean that's one of the most distinct differences between ANH and ESB. So I think they just recycled the ANH dome because 95% of the people don't know how it should be so they don't notice. I was very pleased that the 1/4 scale version was accurate in that aspect so I went for the 1/4 scale Vader as well.

Well any inaccuracies won't bother me at all, plus I haven't watched any SW film whatsoever in its entirety :rotfl I was intrigued with that sixth scale Vader figure, but prioritized other figures and didn't get around to it. However, this 1/4 I was keen on, as I quite like HT's quarter scale series and it's an iconic villain (and a great suit design); this one fills my definitive SW piece since I wanted to have just one great representation in my collection.

Well any inaccuracies won't bother me at all, plus I haven't watched any SW film whatsoever in its entirety :rotfl I was intrigued with that sixth scale Vader figure, but prioritized other figures and didn't get around to it. However, this 1/4 I was keen on, as I quite like HT's quarter scale series and it's an iconic villain (and a great suit design); this one fills my definitive SW piece since I wanted to have just one great representation in my collection.

Blasphemy!

:p

Back