HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The special edition has an extra lower part of the mask included with the light stand. So on the figure there's the "original" lower part of the mask with the Anakin headsculpt.

Thank you. I'm not interested in the EX (especially with the pre-order I made on a FB group on a special Vader statue), but good to see it comes with all the parts.

Thanks for the info jkno. I'll have to order me a bottle. It kinda reminds me of Amourall

In a way it might be similar to Armor All, but seems the 303 product is much better quality, I have friends who used this for years already. I never left my figures with pleather and rubber as they were when removed from box, I used a silicone spray om them, and no issue with them, not even on the old HT Appleseed ones with rubber suits.

In a way it might be similar to Armor All, but seems the 303 product is much better quality, I have friends who used this for years already. I never left my figures with pleather and rubber as they were when removed from box, I used a silicone spray om them, and no issue with them, not even on the old HT Appleseed ones with rubber suits.

So what is your process for coating the figure? I assume you remove all the armor pieces, cape, and head? Also, how many coats do you apply?

So what is your process for coating the figure? I assume you remove all the armor pieces, cape, and head? Also, how many coats do you apply?

I removed everything, left only the pleather suit on the figures and boots. A single coat is enough. You wipe it down with a cloth after you cover the figure in this liquid. The bottle has instructions in how to use it.

I prefer just not touching them with bare hands and posing scarecely. I had the Dark World Thor and Crow figures with their pleather before selling them off for 6 years and they had no problems at all.

Oils from your skin and whatever else you touch and carry with you transferred to the pleather combined with consistent posing and humidity is what will damage. If you handle with gloves and aren't excessive in posing, keep out of direct sunlight they hold up.

I removed everything, left only the pleather suit on the figures and boots. A single coat is enough. You wipe it down with a cloth after you cover the figure in this liquid. The bottle has instructions in how to use it.

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for all the info jkno!

101498230_3121452791210201_624971965530112000_o.jpg

^^ Another epic pic! :clap

After reading the lore of DV and watching snippets of ROTJ, I can appreciate this figure so much more.

How much better is the 1/4 scale one than the Empire Strikes Back version? They seem very similar, with the second head sculpt the 1/4 version has being the standout difference for me. The ESB version has a cooler stand in my opinion. Is it worth the hundreds of dollars more it would take to get it over the ESB version? I'm really interested in the opinions of people who have or had the two versions I mentioned.

How much better is the 1/4 scale one than the Empire Strikes Back version? They seem very similar, with the second head sculpt the 1/4 version has being the standout difference for me. The ESB version has a cooler stand in my opinion. Is it worth the hundreds of dollars more it would take to get it over the ESB version? I'm really interested in the opinions of people who have or had the two versions I mentioned.

The 1/4 is more impressive by scale alone than the 1/6. I have both, and if I was to choose the 1/4 would be my choice. I have a lot of Vader figures and statues in many scales, and HT 1/4 Vader in in top 3 after Iron Studios and Attakus 1 Vader statues. That says a lot.

Last edited:
I have the 1/6 ANH Vader and have just picked up the 1/4. I know you were asking about preferences based on accuracy to the ESB version, but all I can say is...hoo boy, the 1/4 just has so much presence! It might come down to what your focus is for your collection. Personally for me, my Star Wars focus has been the OT in 1/6, but I got tempted by the 1/4 Vader when I saw it on sale at a local hobby store. Because I regretted missing out on the 1/4 Boba Fett, I sold some Marvel figs and grabbed Vader.
Regarding accuracy, it?s really in the eye of the beholder as well as how much that accuracy means. I don?t think any release is going to be 100% for everyone. For me it?s a decision made by the head and heart. Can I afford it? Can I display it? What?s my emotional response to the figure? What has that character meant to me?
Anyway, enough rambling. I hope whichever you get brings you joy. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how do you guys end up with the sideways pictures? lol

Photos taken with a digital camera (including phones) have an Exif Orientation tag to identify the orientation the photo was taken in. Either the photos are tagged with the incorrect orientation or, more likely, this site ignores the tag when the photos are uploaded.

You can correct this by editing the photos, rotating them, and then saving them in the orientation even if they already appeared to be in that orientation. It’s a pain in the butt and I have to do it every time I upload a mobile photo to this site to save everyone from neck strain.

No comparison...the 1/4 scale is the best vader fig made thus far. If you only want one vader in your collection and can afford it...get it! If accuracy doesn't bother you so much get the 1/6 Empire version...but you could always wait a little longer for the inevitable ROTJ version...

Get the QS Vader. I have all the HT Vaders.
My personal ranking:
1. QS
2. RO/ESB (tied)
3. ANH
4. ANH (Tarkin version)

I would grab this while you can and see how the eventual HT 1/6 ROTJ comes out.

I'm not asking if the QS one is better than the ESB version. I know the QS one is better. My question is by how much. Lets say you were gonna give both of them a rating on a scale of 1-10, would the QS one be just one point better or would the difference be more drastic like comparing a 6/10 figure to a 9/10 one? Details like differences in paint quality, tailoring, articulation etc would be great.

Back