HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a photo of the movie prop of the severed hand if people wanted to see the details of the wiring inside . would have been nice if Hot Toys had painted theirs like this.

97370329_3106506506038163_636115112150695936_o.jpg

It looks like the costume department just stuffed a couple of car audio wiring harnesses in the original prop. Lol

I doubt I will display Vader with the severed wrist but now I want to paint it :lol Looks great Matrix!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's a great addition, but it's something I'll never use on mine. With that said, matrix, you did an awesome job on painting yours. Makes me want to paint mine as well although I'm not that great at painting lol
:duff
Here is a photo of the movie prop of the severed hand if people wanted to see the details of the wiring inside . would have been nice if Hot Toys had painted theirs like this.

97370329_3106506506038163_636115112150695936_o.jpg
Nice reference shot...now i need to add a little yellow and brown:)

Hey guys. I found a good deal on an open box "like new" item. I am reading about QC issues with this. Is there anything I should watch out for when I check out the item before paying?

And be sure switches on belt boxes are not broken. Finally, be sure chest box sits flat and doesn't wobble.

And be sure switches on belt boxes are not broken. Finally, be sure chest box sits flat and doesn't wobble.

The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure you dont spend too much looking at it once you have him set up , because i can tell you its a dam distraction because looks so freakin epic

The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure you dont spend too much looking at it once you have him set up , because i can tell you its a dam distraction because looks so freakin epic

And most of all, dont be too **** about checking for 150% accuracy, because unless you have a shrunken down Vader suit/helmet from the movie , it will never look totally accurate. Its pretty close though . I just wish the gloves had more wrinkles to them and the body suit had more crinkles and creases to give it that true movie look like the Iron Studios version has.

Hey guys. I found a good deal on an open box "like new" item. I am reading about QC issues with this. Is there anything I should watch out for when I check out the item before paying?

How much did you find him for? There's not to many QC issues. Just those mentioned already are the things you need to keep an eye out for. Other than that, just get use to being in awe of him every time you look at him.

Much to read, you have.
There are some weird decisions of HT. Tubular portions on the cheeks, continue as flat surface close to the tusks. As fas as I know, those were correct in the prototype. There's no logical reason why HT did it like that. Seems like they are intentionally leaving something inaccurate in each Vader.

One thing I wish they did was to include 2 sculpts: a Shaw reveal and a helmet sculpt (non-reveal). I think designing an all in one helmet/sculpt compromised certain aspects in detailing leading to a few of the inaccuracies.

One thing I wish they did was to include 2 sculpts: a Shaw reveal and a helmet sculpt (non-reveal). I think designing an all in one helmet/sculpt compromised certain aspects in detailing leading to a few of the inaccuracies.

I completely agree with this! HT should have included a second masked head sculpt that was complete and accurate. And if the reason HT didn't include a second sculpt was a money thing, then they could've just left the upper part of the base out. It's cool and all but completely unnecessary

I completely agree with this! HT should have included a second masked head sculpt that was complete and accurate. And if the reason HT didn't include a second sculpt was a money thing, then they could've just left the upper part of the base out. It's cool and all but completely unnecessary

Some in accurate items on the 1/4 Vader :

Large Chest Box . - However it seems it could be the correct size and an easy fix is to pull the belt and groin armour down about 1.5 cms or more and spread the inner tunic apart away from the box and it removes the illusion its too big.

The separated area of the mask and tubing . Appears to be flat on the hot toys helmet , however in the movie the actors wore several masks.
( yes there were at least 4 people playing vader =-- stunts etc ) . Each Mask ( about 6 of them ) had slight variations and the reveal / redemption mask which was only to be intended to lifted up at the end has that area a flat triangular area. So Hot Toys probably were worried about that accuracy as well as giving a complete helmet its accuracy so went with he reveal style. I wouldnt worry too much its not noticeable enough to go into the realm of DX05 Indy inaccuracies. Its 50/50 .

One more little inaccuracy , under his eyes at the top of the cheeks one on each side , should be a little dent ( slight curve ) . You dont see it much in the movie and Hot Toys did place them there but due to the thickness of paint they kind of are hardly visible and in the wrong spot.
The good news is , you rarely see them in the film so dont panic .

This is a great VADER , the best one yet .

How much did you find him for? There's not to many QC issues. Just those mentioned already are the things you need to keep an eye out for. Other than that, just get use to being in awe of him every time you look at him.

About 510 USD. The seller says it's like new.

And thanks everyone. I'll watch out for that stuff. I don't mind inaccuracies. But I just won't be able to replace any broken part with Sideshow buying from this seller.

I love this Vader , I think I love the pointed finger glove the most as it displays Vader's authority.

" Dont fail me again .....Admiral "

100059548_3121457841209696_315868469226635264_o.jpg

Back