HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Got My Vader today from a local Shop ( they also sell washing machines and dishwashers and televisions ) . It took a lot of courage to muster up the money but then again i thought the 1/6 ESB Vader is going for over 1000.00 AUD On ebay and the 1/4 is lot cheaper.

Having be a massive Vader fan and accuracy nut of the 3 Vader suits from the films, the 1/4 version is really really close . The helmet and Mask are how they should be however I think would have been better if they gave us two Helmet and Masks one for taking apart and one that is solid.
Something about the chestbox Size seems a bit too large or something . My other small nit pick and its bloody minor -- the chopped off glove piece i think could have done with some more colour in the wires poking out etc there is hardly any paint on my one. ( i can fix this myself easy enough ) .

I am very happy to have it and I think its the best Vader of any scale to date ( obviously ) although I a soft spot for v1 ANH Vader ( excpet those dam gloves !!) My thoughts are it will be very tuff to get 1/4 Vader once they release the 1/4 stormtrooper.

96668364_244206656656844_2033446236157116416_n.jpg

Has anyone got a picture of this standing next to the 1:4 scale Boba? It looks like the Vader will tower over it with the size of that base.

It's a pretty good difference
11a8c4ede34110d6fd92593db274290b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Firstly, thank you very much for the side by side picture.

Wow, there really is a big height difference there. I removed a shelf in the Detolf to accommodate Boba, but looking at the height of that Vader his helmet will nearly be touching the next shelf. It might be a case of having to use the smaller stand part.

Firstly, thank you very much for the side by side picture.

Wow, there really is a big height difference there. I removed a shelf in the Detolf to accommodate Boba, but looking at the height of that Vader his helmet will nearly be touching the next shelf. It might be a case of having to use the smaller stand part.
You can fit Vader into a Detolf if you remove a shelf and still have him on both stands with plenty of room

Use half shelves. I got mine from cocobolo he is on thos forum

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I broke out the paints and added some detail to the inner's of the severed wrist/hand. There's not a great deal of reference shots to go on but i'm happy with the results.

This should have been done by HT as SS manged it on their old 1/6 vader from yesteryear...

DVH.jpg

I doubt I will display Vader with the severed wrist but now I want to paint it :lol Looks great Matrix!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's a great addition, but it's something I'll never use on mine. With that said, matrix, you did an awesome job on painting yours. Makes me want to paint mine as well although I'm not that great at painting lol

I broke out the paints and added some detail to the inner's of the severed wrist/hand. There's not a great deal of reference shots to go on but i'm happy with the results.

This should have been done by HT as SS manged it on their old 1/6 vader from yesteryear...

View attachment 485531

I have been wrestling with that myself, I cant decide if I want to paint them or not but the model builder inside of me wants to fix the unpainted wires. The costume book shows the original prop and its loaded with yellow, bright green , red and blue wires poking out etc .

The problem is if I paint them, it then suddenly decreases the worth of the figure by hundreds of dollars in the eyes of lowballers if I ever decide to sell it later on ( which I highly doubt ) .

Here is a photo of the movie prop of the severed hand if people wanted to see the details of the wiring inside . would have been nice if Hot Toys had painted theirs like this.

97370329_3106506506038163_636115112150695936_o.jpg

Back