HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to hold out (mainly because I didn't want to start collecting another scale), but I finally broke down and ordered the exclusive.

Straight out of the box, I was initially a little disappointed, as he looked very toyish. But once you get him appropriately "futzed," he looks like a man in a suit.

And c'mon, it's Darth ****ing Vader.

View attachment 477033

Awesome looking collection set up Mr Tanker! Is there more of your collection to look at?

Thanks for the advice. I made some digging towards problems.

First, the switches on belt boxes. Both have a limited range of movement. However they both work. I'll contact SSC, but I don't think they'll provide replacement since they work. They are like this:
belt boxes.jpg

Second, chest box. I found the reason why it does not sit flawlessly. At first, I thought either one of the plates or the pegs are bent, but that was not the issue. The hole in the plate and the hole under it where the peg is inserted are not aligned correctly. It is not possible to futz. I'll also contact SSC for this, but if they don't replace, I think, I'll have to sand it somehow.
The chest plate sit like this (Not very prominent even from looking from sides):
chest box.jpg

And the holes where the pegs will go. Look at the lower one, I don't know how can they replace it:
chest box holes.jpg

Lastly, the softness in the left shoulder. Yes, it's soft. It sometimes skip a ratchet but once in place, it can hold its position (At least I think so). I think I have to live with that, because sending the whole fig?re back will cost a lot for shipment.

And how do I ask for replacement from SSC? Should I ask for replacement directly, or should I ask something like "What can be done about this?" etc?

Last edited:
So, I'm thinking of getting this guy from Hong Kong. Do any of you guys have experience with Toy Wonderland? Do they mark the package as gift and a low fee to help avoid customs charges? I've sent them a message, but am yet to receive a reply. I know it says on their site that the buyer is responsible for customs fees etc, but then again so does Timcent and KG Hobby.

So, I'm thinking of getting this guy from Hong Kong. Do any of you guys have experience with Toy Wonderland? Do they mark the package as gift and a low fee to help avoid customs charges? I've sent them a message, but am yet to receive a reply. I know it says on their site that the buyer is responsible for customs fees etc, but then again so does Timcent and KG Hobby.

I have bought stuff from all three and all are "customs friendly". Every package that goes through customs here now is subject to a penalty fee since the government got pissed at the extra customs work generated by Wish. Now Wish takes out the penalty fee at the time of sale, but still everyone else get the penalty fee ninetynine out of a hundred times. But packages from the three above mentioned only incurs the penalty and nothing more so I would guess you will be fine.

I have bought stuff from all three and all are "customs friendly". Every package that goes through customs here now is subject to a penalty fee since the government got pissed at the extra customs work generated by Wish. Now Wish takes out the penalty fee at the time of sale, but still everyone else get the penalty fee ninetynine out of a hundred times. But packages from the three above mentioned only incurs the penalty and nothing more so I would guess you will be fine.

Thank you for the reply. They confirmed they ''fix'' customs. Vader ordered.

So I ended up with two exclusives. I just got my one from Sideshow in Friday, so my question is how are they with returns? I've never tried to return anything for a refund with them before. I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year.

I contacted SSC, but realized that 30 days return time has passed. How do they deal with problems out of this window?

So I ended up with two exclusives. I just got my one from Sideshow in Friday, so my question is how are they with returns? I've never tried to return anything for a refund with them before. I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year.

I?ll take it off your hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I opened up Vader today. Absolutely incredible piece, possibly the best quarter scale from Hot Toys I have. I have almost zero complaints. Here's a few quick pictures...
View attachment 469219View attachment 469220View attachment 469221View attachment 469222View attachment 469223View attachment 469224View attachment 469225View attachment 469226View attachment 469227

For those who care, here's some comparison pictures with Joker and the Batmen. Really gives a feel for the massive size of this one.... it's really fantastic to have two of my favorite movie villains in this scale next to each other but Vader towers over Joker haha.
View attachment 469229View attachment 469230View attachment 469231View attachment 469232View attachment 469233View attachment 469234View attachment 469235View attachment 469236

WOWOW excellent photos, comparisons and setups! :clap :clap

I was curious how DV would scale with some other quarter scales, looks like he's indeed larger than the Batmen. I'm kind of curious how he looks next to a 1/4 IM.

Hello! I do not frequent the SW section, because I'm not a huge fan of it but I do acknowledge it and it's cultural influence. I've not seen any of the films but of course know some characters; I've been tempted by some figures based on the character designs, such as the ESB 1/6 DV figure, but never got around to acquiring any. I quite like HT's 1/4 line, and was tempted with the 1/4 Boba Fett, but I was not allured by the character (but a cool design nonetheless). However this 1/4 Darth Vader I was looking forward to, as he's an iconic villain and of course it's a fantastic suit design.

edit - received it today!

aAAKCkc.gif

Don't know where to find this gif without the "Didn't read" text.

w2NovXu.gif

Hello! I do not frequent the SW section, because I'm not a huge fan of it but I do acknowledge it and it's cultural influence. I've not seen any of the films but of course know some characters; I've been tempted by some figures based on the character designs, such as the ESB 1/6 DV figure, but never got around to acquiring any. I quite like HT's 1/4 line, and was tempted with the 1/4 Boba Fett, but I was not allured by the character (but a cool design nonetheless). However this 1/4 Darth Vader I was looking forward to, as he's an iconic villain and of course it's a fantastic suit design.

edit - received it today!

aAAKCkc.gif

Don't know where to find this gif without the "Didn't read" text.

w2NovXu.gif

I felt like doing this too when I first opened mine!

Situation update: Really amazing CS from SSC. I told about the issue and provided the photos above. And despite 30 days window has expired, they made an exception and sending body, chest piece and belt boxes. Hope they come in good shape. Since their shipping is not much different than other vendors for the country I live, they are the de facto store for me from now on.

Situation update: Really amazing CS from SSC. I told about the issue and provided the photos above. And despite 30 days window has expired, they made an exception and sending body, chest piece and belt boxes. Hope they come in good shape. Since their shipping is not much different than other vendors for the country I live, they are the de facto store for me from now on.

SS CS can be amazing. Literally years later, they replaced non-functioning electronics for their 1/6 RotJ Vader for me. So far out of warranty they did make me pay shipping but I think that was totally fair.

Back