HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same pose as before, but a couple different color lights.
img_6953-e1576024645636.jpg

img_6954-e1576024591541.jpg

img_6955-e1576024509181.jpg

Are there any good closeups of the helmet under brighter lighting?

I'm amazed at how much more detail is possible with 1/4 vs 1/6. You can almost get it closer to a 1:1 prop.

Got this in the mail today. Expected the box to be big, but not for the shipper to include a carrying handle.. nice touch. Man he is big and looks great. No time to really open it up and mess around with him till this weekend. I just wanted to make sure my helmet Tusks were Ok. They seem to be fine on both helmets.

Anything else to give a good going over when I pull him out this weekend? I know some people had some issues with the power buttons on the belt boxes. Any other QC issues anywhere to look out for?

I also got some free $20 SS book in the shipping box along with my free Avengers Endgame 1/4 scale Infinity Guantlet. Guess the Guantlet doesn't have it's own shipper? Anyway, a nice bonus. 2 free items. :yess:

Anything else to give a good going over when I pull him out this weekend? I know some people had some issues with the power buttons on the belt boxes. Any other QC issues anywhere to look out for?

Yeah, just be careful sliding the switches on the belt boxes when you test them out. I was lucky to have both the figure arrive with a broken tusk and a belt switch snap off when I tried to turn it on. Sideshow sent out replacements though no issue.

Great photos from everyone here. I got this last week and it?s so impressive to see. The size and details look amazing. I wish the 1/6 ESB figure had a helmet sculpt that was this good. I like the ratchet joints as they help hold poses in place, especially in the arms.

Here?s one shot I had time to take today. Went with the hands-on-belt pose for this one:

8e2709d0422b4a1cb18a1dd89d45b74b.jpg

On that photo it looks almost like the prop .They really nailed the eyes compared to the ESB 1:6

Except I noticed the lower mouth grill is too big. anyone else notice that?

prop:

Attachments

• thumb8.jpg
    thumb8.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 255
I switched to single payment and it's on the way. I hope it gets undamaged from customs and ends up without defects.

i`m currently resculpting the eye lids on the 1/6 esb vader right now. what i need to know is the color under the eye lids are they black or is it gun metal like the tops of the eye lids are.

i`m currently resculpting the eye lids on the 1/6 esb vader right now. what i need to know is the color under the eye lids are they black or is it gun metal like the tops of the eye lids are.

Black...supposed to be but I believe the hot toys still has them all as gunmetal

Tbh hot toys’ gunmetal grey, like on their rogue one Vader,
is a little too reflective and almost appears as a dull chrome ( looks awesome, but not entirely accurate to prop. )
the point of the gunmetal is to show the different facets of the mask to make the sculpt more easily seen.

The gunmetal grey Is Ideally used to fool the observer into thinking a black surface is simply reflecting natural light
But by additionally reflecting dark elements, which a dull chrome can do, the illusion is betrayed and can read as anything from silver to chrome.

For those who's chest box lights have frozen and stopped blinking...don't worry as it's an indicator that the batteries are dying and need replacing...

Thought i had a faulty box on mine at first but it was just those pesky button batteries...half an hour or so of blinking is kinda useless and again i wish that HT had found some way of working all the boxes from one switch using a couple of triple A's...

Anyways it's not a huge deal breaker but i'll definitely be looking into wiring them up to something better in the future...

DSC_0335.JPGDSC_0338.JPG

Yeah the non-blinking lights is a neat way to alert you about the low batteries. I like that. He looks great with all the lights on as well.

Here?s another one:

f1579e307d8de0973c18fbf31c279d26.jpg

For those who's chest box lights have frozen and stopped blinking...don't worry as it's an indicator that the batteries are dying and need replacing...

Thought i had a faulty box on mine at first but it was just those pesky button batteries...half an hour or so of blinking is kinda useless and again i wish that HT had found some way of working all the boxes from one switch using a couple of triple A's...

Anyways it's not a huge deal breaker but i'll definitely be looking into wiring them up to something better in the future...

View attachment 472994View attachment 472993

Looks awesome.

Can the arms be thickened a bit like the torso? The arms/hands seem a bit underscaled in some pics, not sure if its just lens distortion.

40ec8f113799b9e93cf243ef012c63c0.jpg

Vader helmet experts:

Is the helmet supposed to not be straight like this?

The beam thing that goes into the silver tusk? Both sides aren?t straight, even though they?re latched into the little holes. I checked the hot toys pics and they look straight but Justin?s collection video looks similar to mine.

2484c842a759478812797c0215d85aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40ec8f113799b9e93cf243ef012c63c0.jpg

Vader helmet experts:

Is the helmet supposed to not be straight like this?

The beam thing that goes into the silver tusk? Both sides aren?t straight, even though they?re latched into the little holes. I checked the hot toys pics and they look straight but Justin?s collection video looks similar to mine.

2484c842a759478812797c0215d85aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't go by proto pics as the production piece is slightly different...that's how they sit...

Back