HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just jumped in on this figure and ordered the exclusive tonight. It came with a free 1/4 scale infinity gauntlet which I already own so will most likely try to sell it to recoup some of the cost or will gift it out as a Christmas gift. After my reward points it cost me $400 and then plan to use saved credit card cash back to cover that $400.
What a great feeling to get such a awesome figure(basically for free with all those rewards) and then on top of that, get something else for free with it! That's probably the best way to get this figure I've seen yet. Congrats! :clap

Well I just jumped in on this figure and ordered the exclusive tonight. It came with a free 1/4 scale infinity gauntlet which I already own so will most likely try to sell it to recoup some of the cost or will gift it out as a Christmas gift. After my reward points it cost me $400 and then plan to use saved credit card cash back to cover that $400.

I did this as well. I was planning on getting him last month but decided to wait for my rewards to convert. Glad I did, that Gauntlet is sweet.

I finally see what bothers me on this figure after seeing all the pictures. The back of the Dome is no good .Seems to curve upwards in the back on the figure (when you view it sideways) and on the screenshot it's straight or curves slightly downwards and touches the cape. It makes the head seem to sit too high over the body and that's a major deal for me because it's more or less the same problem with the the Rogue One. The facemask sculpt is great but the illusion of real Vader is still not there for me. No matter how hard they try they always get something wrong. I'm starting to think they do on purpose so there's never an ultimate Vader.

And I think the prototype might have been better in that respect.

Attachments

• vader quater scale.jpg
    vader quater scale.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 298
It's not the length of the dome, it's that the dome is not angled correctly on the head, Vader dome positioning is a pain in the ass even on 1:1 replicas that are recast from screen used helmets.

It's not the length of the dome, it's that the dome is not angled correctly on the head, Vader dome positioning is a pain in the ass even on 1:1 replicas that are recast from screen used helmets.

We don't have a perfect Vader figure yet, but you are also right with the 1:1 Vader helmets. We must be happy with what we have and try to do our best with that, because we won't get a perfect collectible in our life-time. And these words come from a rivet counter/accuracy nut :)

I finally see what bothers me on this figure after seeing all the pictures. The back of the Dome is no good .Seems to curve upwards in the back on the figure (when you view it sideways) and on the screenshot it's straight or curves slightly downwards and touches the cape. It makes the head seem to sit too high over the body and that's a major deal for me because it's more or less the same problem with the the Rogue One. The facemask sculpt is great but the illusion of real Vader is still not there for me. No matter how hard they try they always get something wrong. I'm starting to think they do on purpose so there's never an ultimate Vader.

And I think the prototype might have been better in that respect.
I think it's more to do with the neck brace being a tad too long...which in turn causes the helmet to sit higher off the shoulders than it should...the helmet itself sits pretty accurate on the mask...
Also i have the head/helmet tilted more forwards...whereas in those movie stills the helmet is tilted more upwards. Add to that scale,angles and camera lens.

We're never going to get perfection in this scale and i don't expect it as most of HT offerings are very much stylized interpretations of the characters...some more than others...

But there's so much good stuff with this beautiful piece that the imperfections are forgivable:)

I think it's more to do with the neck brace being a tad too long...which in turn causes the helmet to sit higher off the shoulders than it should...the helmet itself sits pretty accurate on the mask...
Also i have the head/helmet tilted more forwards...whereas in those movie stills the helmet is tilted more upwards. Add to that scale,angles and camera lens.

The dome seems the right "proportion" with the mask and the flare is good , but there's something in the back not quite right. Rogue One has a too big flare and also a bit short in the back.

I'd be very tolerant of some inaccuracy on the body and suit, but my next Vader has to have a head sculpt that's perfect.

Any tips for straightening out this inner cape? It's a wrinkled mess.
7b9acf3bf8c28a5073a5942236ddd677.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I second this! I'm afraid to take an iron to it. Wouldn't it melt?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I second this! I'm afraid to take an iron to it. Wouldn't it melt?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I used this steamer on my Iron Studios Vader cape and did wonders. I'll use it again for the HT 1/4 Vader when arrives

steamer.jpg

Back