HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thought I had. No clue - if you?re spending over 500 bucks on a figure, what?s another 15.

Anyway, I haven?t been so excited to have something delivered. This piece is going to be stupid expensive on the secondary market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be $15 for a US buyer, but it is way more for many international customers...

As an international buyer, I can say that additional burden of 15USD would be 3USD (20% customs). The killer is not that 15USD for me. It's the base price and shipping (80USD). Overall cost (fig?re + shipping + customs) of special edition will be 770USD, whereas regular edition would cost 752. So yes, it's damn expensive for an international buyer. And 18USD is nothing compared to overall cost.
Oh, I must mention that even though it ends up very expensive, it is still cheaper than buying locally. My estimation for its local prize is 1000USD.

Great figure. I think I may like it a little more than my IS 1/4 Vader.
8905359a227113f96de5e20dab5e3580.jpg
00692d059f0b5839c21922d961645844.jpg
0953bb03dd8ee9862a3aeae7ce0d23f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

As an international buyer, I can say that additional burden of 15USD would be 3USD (20% customs). The killer is not that 15USD for me. It's the base price and shipping (80USD). Overall cost (fig?re + shipping + customs) of special edition will be 770USD, whereas regular edition would cost 752. So yes, it's damn expensive for an international buyer. And 18USD is nothing compared to overall cost.
Oh, I must mention that even though it ends up very expensive, it is still cheaper than buying locally. My estimation for its local prize is 1000USD.

Interesting. Local was $300AUD+ cheaper than sideshow for me. Hence why I got the regular.

Man that's painful. After just shelling out over $600 for this, I see someone selling it for only $539 on FB.

I'm starting to think I should not bother preordering any SW figures at all now. I nearly always see them going for cheaper even before I've received mine.

The cheapest site is LCDN for me (would be around 620USD). But first, I ceased preordering any figure and it might get sold out there (QS Vader is sold out), and second, with such an expensive figure, I prefer a seller which provides very easy part replacement procedure. As far as I saw, apart from SSC, all sellers ask for the item to be returned first which means hell lot of postage cost.

Man that's painful. After just shelling out over $600 for this, I see someone selling it for only $539 on FB.

I'm starting to think I should not bother preordering any SW figures at all now. I nearly always see them going for cheaper even before I've received mine.

Yeah but if you order with sideshow, at least you can get replacement parts if anything is messed up

Vader is definitely worth PO even if it?s a bit more expensive because you can get replacement parts from dealers. The light switches are a common enough issue so ordering from dealers is the safe option imo

Yeah but if you order with sideshow, at least you can get replacement parts if anything is messed up

That's very true but sometimes it works out an you don't have to get replacements. Ive been very lucky with all my figures and haven't had to get any replacements. I was also lucky with my Vader and received mine with perfect tusks. Now as far as the belt boxes, I don't ever plan on using mine so I don't have to worry about it.

Interesting. Local was $300AUD+ cheaper than sideshow for me. Hence why I got the regular.

Let me say this: if I lived in the US my collection would have been maybe twice the size, both in the number of pieces and display space. :)

I got replacement parts from my distributor as well: new robe for HT Emperor and a new plaque for one of the HT ROTJ Stormies. So not just Sideshow replaces things.

Turkey. Which one is kind enough to send replacement part rather than asking you to return whole figure?
I use LCDN in Europe, thankfully I didn't have any problem and I don't know how they handle a damaged part issue.
The thing I like about EU sellers is that EU laws give them right (or oblige the, I am not sure) to sell without VAT outside EU. And that is almost equal to our customs rate. So, when I order from such a place, I practically pay only European retail price + shipping (with 20Euros, it's cheaper than 40USD shipment from SSC).

What are you guys displaying this behemoth in?

I have 3 detolfs currently with all my 1/6 figures but ideally would have Vader in a separate display.

I saw sideshow had this Lighted Display Case by Legend Studio for 1:4 for 79.99. Dimensions are 23? in H, 11.5? W and 8? D. Anyone using this?

Turkey. Which one is kind enough to send replacement part rather than asking you to return whole figure?
I use LCDN in Europe, thankfully I didn't have any problem and I don't know how they handle a damaged part issue.
The thing I like about EU sellers is that EU laws give them right (or oblige the, I am not sure) to sell without VAT outside EU. And that is almost equal to our customs rate. So, when I order from such a place, I practically pay only European retail price + shipping (with 20Euros, it's cheaper than 40USD shipment from SSC).

I ordered the HT Emperor and ROTJ Stormies from Space and the Emperor had a badly damaged robe at the clasp. Didn't need to return it, just took some detailed photos and they sent replacement in 3 weeks. The same with the plaque of the Stormie figure, one of the two had some kind of oxidizing on it, again took detailed photos and they sent replacement.

Back