HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think once you hold him in your hands, the 12 year old in you will say yup, totally worth it. And every time I see that 1/4 Boba, I get the eBay itch to buy one.

Mine will cost 655USD excluding customs. I was hoping to use a 25USD code once my current order is shipped. But I'm not sure if it will be in stock.

Can you upload a Picture from 3/4 or side view? I can't judge how fat it became from straight on shots.

Stock fig on the left....and with padding on the right.

It's subtle enough but gives it more of a Prowse in the suit vibe:)

02.jpg

Matrix: looks good, but I'd go a little bit more on the padding. He was pretty beefy in ESB. Assuming the bodysuit allows it, of course.

Overall, an amazing figure.

Well just paid for mine with BBTS, and yikes at $612 after taxes it was not cheap. So definitely not going to be using them anymore. As cool as this looks, I'm not sure it really looks worth the price of two and a half ESB Vaders. Lol

I think you'll be impressed when you have this in hand. I've had mine a couple of wks now and my jaw is still on the floor...presence alone at this scale blows all the other wee vaders away:)

Matrix: looks good, but I'd go a little bit more on the padding. He was pretty beefy in ESB. Assuming the bodysuit allows it, of course.

Overall, an amazing figure.

A little more could be added alright but the suit is pretty restrictive and won't close properly at the back...

I did put another piece of foam underneath the back of the chest/shoulder armor as it fills the gap out and helps the cape sit a little more flush...

01.jpg

A tip in how to make him appear more bulky is to push the shoulders back and reposition the chest armor further up...it's only attached by velcro so it's easy to move...the belt can be dropped down a tad too which helps the look..

Open the inner robes more at the top too and try and get a V shape...again this helps achieve more of a Prowse look from the movie:)

03.jpg03 - 1.jpg

I am not sure which of you is amazing, Hot Toys or you. That looks like real.

Curious, do you guys leave the batteries in the figure? I like the light up features but I?ve heard of people say not to leave batteries in because they will leak

Do you think there will be Black Friday sale on this? If not, no need to wait.
They'll make 10% discount on Thanos, Iron Patriot and Kenobi. 10% is a good deal.

Mine will cost 655USD excluding customs. I was hoping to use a 25USD code once my current order is shipped. But I'm not sure if it will be in stock.

Well just paid for mine with BBTS, and yikes at $612 after taxes it was not cheap. So definitely not going to be using them anymore. As cool as this looks, I'm not sure it really looks worth the price of two and a half ESB Vaders. Lol

It is not a cheap figure, as an EU customer I paid that much as well. But decided I have to get it, even though I have my doubts about the pleather quality and even if I already have the very impressive Iron Studios Vader statue. I'm even making another cabinet in the near future to move the 1/3 Stormtrooper custom statue there, and have HT 1/4 Vader in its place.

Curious, do you guys leave the batteries in the figure? I like the light up features but I?ve heard of people say not to leave batteries in because they will leak

No cell batteries in my figures ever, those can cause a lot of problems. If there are AA/AAA I replace them with Panasonic Eneloops, as those don't leak.

It is not a cheap figure, as an EU customer I paid that much as well. But decided I have to get it, even though I have my doubts about the pleather quality and even if I already have the very impressive Iron Studios Vader statue. I'm even making another cabinet in the near future to move the 1/3 Stormtrooper custom statue there, and have HT 1/4 Vader in its place.

I hear you with the pleather quality, I was worried about that too.
Assuming the worst care scenario and we have pleather issues w any hot toys Vader?s - wouldn?t a secondary company make new suits/belts? Or even custom commissions?

That?s at least what I told myself to justify this purchase lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now this is what he should've looked like to begin with! Great custom sharpnel!

Thanks. It's what I pictured Anakin in Rogue One with sith eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back