HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, what a cool piece. DX releases are incredible unboxing experiences but nothing, NOTHING can prepare you for the wow factor that is a 1/4 unboxing. This is hands down the best SW figure by HT. Ready to see the stormtrooper now. :clap:yess:

BFA10236-B275-431F-959A-F5C51695FC28.jpg

There's no hem at the bottom of the cape on mine. Like the 2 layers aren't sewn together at the bottom. Is that right?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

All the capes are open at the hem...which works handy for ironing out the wrinkles on the inner silk lining

Mine is the same way. And is anyone else's base wobbly?

It's very wobbly alright but the back pole/post fittings should keep it secure...i still think it's a poor design but i guess it fits in with other 1/4 scale HT pieces..
I would've been happy with just the one standard base with a light-up feature...

Figure looks awesome. But I am collecting one sixth and personally don't like different scales displayed together. So, I have to pass. But if I didn't have any one sixth, this would be the one figure I'd buy.

Figure looks awesome. But I am collecting one sixth and personally don't like different scales displayed together. So, I have to pass. But if I didn't have any one sixth, this would be the one figure I'd buy.

You just have to make it work in a way that doesn?t take away from your 1/6 stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The old SS deluxe vader stand works great as an alternative...

View attachment 471203

I watched this up until release thinking it would be a relatively easy pass, but it's becoming harder and harder to pass this thing up. The fact that it's an action figure seems to pull it out of the uncanny valley most statues seem to get trapped in, being awesome but still somehow off, by making it look like an actual dude in a suit.

I thought the same thing at first, but after seeing everyone's pics and videos(and being a huge Vader fan), getting this figure was a must! The two scales are not that bad looking together.

Back