HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened mine up yesterday, too. Absolutely love it. Pretty cool piece. Too bad they don't do premium formats like quarter scale. It would be nice to be able to pose them because the level of detail at quarter scale is pretty amazing.

If Hot Toys is reading, my only request for the future quarter scale crispy Anakin a la ROTS would be an extra mask without the inner details (and one with) so you have greater display options. Displaying decapitated Anakin is just kinda meh. It would be cool to have the separate helmet and then to be able to display the actual portrait under the mask.

It's not a complaint at all. Totally love my Vader. It's a new and financially painful avenue of collecting . . .

I?ve pulled the trigger and ordered this today after reading everyone?s gushing reviews and seeing the YouTube video?s. Damn you Freaks! I hope he?s worth it.

IMG_5277.jpgIMG_5289.jpgIMG_5291.jpgIMG_5295.jpgIMG_5304.jpgIMG_5302.jpg

Getting the exclusive was definitely worth it. The stand for whatever head is not in use is fantastic and really well done for what it is. Doesn't feel like an afterthought.:clap

Can't wait for the standard versions to come in. The stand would have stayed in the box (where that emotionless head will be) in my collection. It's cool but I'm only displaying this figure with the helmet and really don't want a creepy head on a stand lol. The head while nicely painted just isn't my cup of tea Vader to me has the helmet on. I do get why some would like it tho and it's a nice option. Might have been worth just getting it for the sole purpose of getting the figure sooner. :/

Great pics in here. Always a relief when you have a figure on order and initial feedback is positive.

Anyone else order from Popculture Zone? Price was good, my first time ordering with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Decided to pre-order this figure too. It looks good, and I also got free shipping and used my 20 Euro voucher to ease the purchase. But will have to wait a bit for the EU distributor to get it in stock. I don't care for the EX.

And I think I have a place to have another custom cabinet build next year, and thus this Vader (and a couple other collectibles) will have a display space

I think I will get this as well... I have the IS.. but a museum pose Vader has been always on my wish list...

The first thing after getting it and taking some photos, will be to use a silicone spray on his pleather body suit. The second is to remove all the crappy batteries. Then choose a museum pose, most likely hands on belt.

BTW what type of batteries does Vader use and how many? I intend to remove the cell batteries if there are any, and replace the AA/AAA alkalines with Panasonic Eneloops

The first thing after getting it and taking some photos, will be to use a silicone spray on his pleather body suit. The second is to remove all the crappy batteries. Then choose a museum pose, most likely hands on belt.

BTW what type of batteries does Vader use and how many? I intend to remove the cell batteries if there are any, and replace the AA/AAA alkalines with Panasonic Eneloops

Explains this silicone spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the fence on this one for a while, mostly because of price, but after seeing the photos and videos realized I really, REALLY needed this Vader, and just now pulled the trigger from SS. Probably would've saved a ton pre-ordering from BBTS or another venue before he sold out, but just the fact he's now MINE and will be on his way to me makes up for that!

I was on the fence on this one for a while, mostly because of price, but after seeing the photos and videos realized I really, REALLY needed this Vader, and just now pulled the trigger from SS. Probably would've saved a ton pres-ordering from BBTS or another venue before he sold out, but just the fact he's now MINE and will be on his way to me makes up for that!

Still on the fence but might jump on him after spook ends at sideshow. I don't save money at bbts anymore now that they charge tax for me. But other places are still cheaper but if I get this i want the exclusive version.

Still on the fence but might jump on him after spook ends at sideshow. I don't save money at bbts anymore now that they charge tax for me. But other places are still cheaper but if I get this i want the exclusive version.

I'm still upset about the BBTS taxes. ugh.

Back