HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I just want to ask as I've never owned an HT Vader before but is his entire body suit pleather or just the gloves and boots?
vd.jpg

Hi, I just want to ask as I've never owned an HT Vader before but is his entire body suit pleather or just the gloves and boots?
View attachment 467359

The suit is pleather and the gloves and boots will most likely be plastic. And that pleather suit kinda scares me, knowing the low quality faux leather HT uses on their figures. At least the 1/4 Stormie doesn't need pleather.

its actually not that low quality, ive worked in materials from cloth to fuax furs, leathers, even mineral and metals and plastics, this is a material called Boca flex it is fuax and not actual leather but it is a chemically treated leather thats used mostly for fuax leather couches and sofa's, and as long as it is properly treated, which there are very simple, very inexpensive ways to treat and clean a figure like this and will only take about 5 mins and only needs to be done once a year..the concern comes in for those who display collections in sunlight, or dry areas or areas of high humidity without having teh enviroment climtae controlled.

If these faux leathers can be used on couched and with stand sitting. sleeping, clothing and pets rubbing on them they can easily have longevity on a figure, now it will infact eventually break down but were talking 30-50 years at the least and about 5 to 10 years if never clean or conditioned. I think its actually a fairly high grade fux material. And have no problem adding this to my collection. Again it all comes down to the enviroment in which its displayed. I will say smoking and other elements will break it down quicker so keep in mind only becuase a lot of collectors surpringly are smokers or have smokers in their home, this is also detrimental to figures with cloth, clothing as it will never come out 100% if trying to remove the smell or discoloration.

I know about the reasons pleather gets damaged. I've also seen Medicom Vader having pleather damage after a couple years after release. There are many figures from Hot Toys having issues: The Crow, john Connor etc. I own Sideshow ANH Premium Format statue, and that has pleather suit, though no damage, maybe because of quality, or even more because of static pose the costume was sewn on. The thing is i'm not convinced in buying a 1/4 figure with pleather costume. Fett and Stormtrooper don't have that.

Ok this latest pic from NYCC has me concerned now. Did they change the mask on this? Because it looks really off to me now, and even reminds me of that first, awful SS Vader with its flat face and huge mouth.

I suppose it could just be the lighting and the fact the dome was lowered for some reason, but I don't know...

FB_IMG_1570132994549.jpg
(pic by Bobby Grant on FB)

Cocoboloboy - Do you sell this particular stand for 1/4 Fett? Will you be doing something for the 1/4 Vader? I maybe interested in both in the future.

I sure do. And I’ll definitely be doing something for Vader once I get him. His stock stand is just a bit on the big side for me.

Im extremely tempting to get this one, and I were to get him I would probably display him with Sebastain scuplt, not with the mask on.

Hmm looks like a ss vader with a hot toys dome. Strange. Im looking forward to a cocoastand. ;)

Sideshow sculpted a new dome for the latest version of their 1/6 figure. They didn’t announce it our anything. Just changed the pictures on the website.

Back