Hot toys pumping out figures too fast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the best of both worlds...and when it comes for an item that is due to charge from SSC, I put it on flex to spread payments.If I can make payment earlier during the flex period and pay it off, I will.
Same as with local, I put a small deposit down and gradually pay it off, and when said item ships out from SSC, I know I have to fully pay it off locally asap cause I will have another 4 week window.
Patience is the key these days...OT first, TFA over time.

Thanks for this strategy.....now I have an excuse to spend even more.

AnD just wondering , so far I have acquired every single figure I wanted from HT for near retail on Ebay. Took me a while but I think most figure cool off eventually. So if your collecting because you love the art work of the figure the. Eventually you can get one for retail or less.

1. Joker dx. 01 300.00
2. Jack Sparrow exclusive 285.00
3. Predator classic 180.00
3. Darth Vader SS 200.00

The ones I am working on still will likely never happen, but overall I think its a rare thing that a figure gets priced out for ever. The only ones I can think that are truly off the charts are Davey Jones and The Godfather. And don't tell me Iron Man....these will be a dime a dozen in a few years.....

Thanks for this strategy.....now I have an excuse to spend even more.

AnD just wondering , so far I have acquired every single figure I wanted from HT for near retail on Ebay. Took me a while but I think most figure cool off eventually. So if your collecting because you love the art work of the figure the. Eventually you can get one for retail or less.

1. Joker dx. 01 300.00
2. Jack Sparrow exclusive 285.00
3. Predator classic 180.00
3. Darth Vader SS 200.00

The ones I am working on still will likely never happen, but overall I think its a rare thing that a figure gets priced out for ever. The only ones I can think that are truly off the charts are Davey Jones and The Godfather. And don't tell me Iron Man....these will be a dime a dozen in a few years.....
Depends on where you live though. Might be easy for US collectors, but most sellers won't even sell to internationals, just look at the Marketplace board in here. Then if you're lucky enough to find someone that will ship internationally, you end up paying ridiculous shipping charges because US post is a joke!

It can be very difficult as non US collectors to find decent prices on sold out figures.

Depends on where you live though. Might be easy for US collectors, but most sellers won't even sell to internationals, just look at the Marketplace board in here. Then if you're lucky enough to find someone that will ship internationally, you end up paying ridiculous shipping charges because US post is a joke!

It can be very difficult as non US collectors to find decent prices on sold out figures.

Thats sad....wish there was some way for a fellow US collector to help.

Out of curiosity, which 4 OT figures from the rumored list remain? Han Stormtrooper is on the Luke Stormtrooper insert, there was a photograph of R2-D2 floating around at Toy Soul so I'm guessing a C-3PO can't be far behind. That would be 3. Not sure what the fourth is. Any insight?

Now staying on topic, while the pace is brisk--my Luke Stomrtooper, Vader and Luke arrived within a month--I'm all for it. I'd rather get all the characters, take a hit now and have a complete display than get stuck waiting years for something Hot Toys didn't get to or decides to skip. They're striking while the interst is there and while it's a rediculously fast release schedule, it guarantees we get the figures. This is coming from someone who is still wating on the '66 Batmobile...

Out of curiosity, which 4 OT figures from the rumored list remain? Han Stormtrooper is on the Luke Stormtrooper insert, there was a photograph of R2-D2 floating around at Toy Soul so I'm guessing a C-3PO can't be far behind. That would be 3. Not sure what the fourth is. Any insight?

Really hope they do Tarkin.

Greedo I can live without, but we need Tarkin to give the ANH line proper completion.

1. Han Solo
2. Chewbacca
3. Stormtrooper
4. Shadowtrooper
5. Darth Vader
6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
7. Spacetrooper
8. Sandtrooper
9. Luke Skywalker
10. Princess Leia
11. Stormtrooper Luke
12. Stormtrooper Han
13/14. Artoo & Threepio
15. Tarkin

Really hope they do Tarkin.

Greedo I can live without, but we need Tarkin to give the ANH line proper completion.

1. Han Solo
2. Chewbacca
3. Stormtrooper
4. Shadowtrooper
5. Darth Vader
6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
7. Spacetrooper
8. Sandtrooper
9. Luke Skywalker
10. Princess Leia
11. Stormtrooper Luke
12. Stormtrooper Han
13/14. Artoo & Threepio
15. Tarkin

Tarkin would be most welcome....the others I can live without or another version

Sorry not to be rude , but I really would like someone who is an IM collector to answer this. Why do you buy so many? Is it OCD or what? I like some characters alot buy I just don't buy every single on put out. Whats the attraction of it? Seriously not being mean I am genuinely curious.

That's 3....

The slip sliding begins.......

So I'll try this one..... I have every released Iron Man suit and for me the Iron Man pieces were the attraction that started my 1/6 collecting. I always have enjoyed Iron Man and Batman collectibles growing up and it was easy for me to gravitate to the armors once seeing my first Mark suit in hand. Having a large number of suits and being able to properly display them (especially the hall of armor) is one of the best displays of these Hot Toys would ever see in person. If you do not have many of them or are not a big Marvel fan it is hard to gain perspective.

I take it somewhat of a challenge to get them all now since there are very few collectors that can say they have every suit and to be honest my want to finish what I started is a big driver. They are magnificent pieces but it does wear on me because I do want to collect multiple lines and due to the volume it's obviously tough to keep up with everything else. I am ready to fall off the other Marvel lines outside of IM now. Going full on OT Star Wars and maintaining IM till I see what is available in the spring.

I only buy Star Wars. Sadly though there are hundreds of Star Wars characters. I am a completionist too so it is hard to try and ignore some of the figures but there are simply too many of them.

I have 7 on pre order and want at least another 5 that have been revealed.

They are coming out a little bit too quickly, especially Force Awakens ones. I only need one Stormtrooper though. No interest in all variations.

Lzw8BV7.jpg

Considering we're getting 2 more Star Wars movies within the next 17 months, if you want most of the main characters they may not even be pumping them out fast enough.

Considering we're getting 2 more Star Wars movies within the next 17 months, if you want most of the main characters they may not even be pumping them out fast enough.

That's my fear as well. And because it's SW I don't want *just* main characters, I want peripheral aliens, X-Wing pilots, droids, etc. I even want the little guy on beast who tries to capture BB-8 on Jakku.

To me this promo shot fantastically encapsulates TFA; new icons, beautiful locations, and old school filmmaking wizardry:

EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.png

I *love* that much of the production design was crafted with the notion of "what if TFA was released in 1986?"

That's my fear as well. And because it's SW I don't want *just* main characters, I want peripheral aliens, X-Wing pilots, droids, etc. I even want the little guy on beast who tries to capture BB-8 on Jakku.

To me this promo shot fantastically encapsulates TFA; new icons, beautiful locations, and old school filmmaking wizardry:

EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.png

I *love* that much of the production design was crafted with the notion of "what if TFA was released in 1986?"

Agreed. And that was certainly the intention.

Sorry not to be rude , but I really would like someone who is an IM collector to answer this. Why do you buy so many? Is it OCD or what? I like some characters alot buy I just don't buy every single on put out. Whats the attraction of it? Seriously not being mean I am genuinely curious.

Ironman has always been about his different armours. He was the only character with very different designs where costumed heroes had some unspoken rule about changing their look significantly (until we tried making them for TV or movies). I'm not just/really(?) an "IM collector", I want everything so only have six, but IM was my first comicbook subscription, so I kinda get it.
latest

Been thinking about some of my 1/6 double ups (outside Star Wars which is a mess!), 4xBatman's (TV,SS,Keaton & Bale, but remember the toy old line though he totally went Ironman there), 3xSnake-eyes' & 3x Stormshadow's (okay I ain't that big a Joe fan, so dunno why this happened, I think maybe coz I like ninjas), and 2xnotPunishers. I've canned SS Supes and black Batman, but I've been wondering if I want SS Wolverine and Punisher or even HT Deadpool when I have the earlier releases (DOFP if you were wondering).

Not fast enough for me, I want the TIE Pilot, Flame and Snowtroopers asap. Captain Phasma too:lol

Then, I'm done with TFA and can focus on BvS, and then Civil War:lol

It wasn't a physical 1/6 figure, it was an actual photo someone on the Hot Toys team was holding, with an R2 in it, at their booth at Toy Soul.
Nice. I'm betting they release him as a 'TFA' version. R2 is something I think HT would just kill.

Luckily, I have limited space, money, and wants.
Theres roughly 10 HT figures that I must have regardless of whatever is released from now on.

1. Jedi Luke
2. ROTS Anakin
3. Boba Fett

Luckily, I sold enough kidneys to already obtain the other 7 figures.

Back