Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Engineer not out yet?? Booo

Wanna see how it turns out. If they only make human figures that will be bull****

The movie was naff. I want to use an Engineer HT figure as a Mr X kitbash and i want an Engineer in Bio suit for Alien.

Shaw first? That can't be so! What is Hot Toys thinking? I mean I would consider a Shaw. Depending on how the sequal turns out like if she turns into a badass Ripley character or I like her character more than this would be a piece I want, but David is really the only cool character I was drawn too. I hope this news is not true. David and Shaw should be released at the same time much to how Batman and Joker are both released in December

I'm sorry I forgot something in my explanation. That's why it seems weird.

Apparently, french forum Hot Toys community got the exclusive info at Ani-Con that the first figure will be Elizabeth Shaw.

People on this forum are quite serious so we could possibly have Shaw in first before David...:monkey1

Sad if true.....:monkey2
Nah.. it's awesome news as far as I'm concerned. :D

Last edited:
Why whould Promethous sell huge amount of figures to begin with??? This movie sucked... I loved Alien and own the Hot Toys Big Chap so that has nothing to do with it... I hope Jame Cameron comes in for round 2 and makes somet thing of what could have been a good frnchise...

If people based the quality of the movie in relation to the figure we'd all have about 6 figures in our collections.

I'd snap a top quality David up in a second.

James Cameron? No thanks, Jockey's with machine guns and "Super" Jockey's that are bigger and badder. :cuckoo:

Prometheus was awesome! MUCH better than overrated TDKR and almost as good as The Avengers imo.

I think HT should start with the Engineer.... If that sells, then move onto something else. Shaw would be a mistake I think. If they do a human character, David should definitely be first!

I'm not getting my hopes up about this series. It doesn't seem to be a priority with HT.

This make me think, now that the the Dark Knight and the Avengers lines have almost totally been announced, I suppose Hot Toys will take a close look on what licence remains in order to move on keeping money entrance in their wallet.

That's good news for next licences they will get in the future I guess, as they will work on them with more respect and attention.

And before Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2, they'll have the opportunity to concentrate on Prometheus, Back to the Future, and other.... :)

Last edited:
I think HT should start with the Engineer.... If that sells, then move onto something else. Shaw would be a mistake I think. If they do a human character, David should definitely be first!

I'm not getting my hopes up about this series. It doesn't seem to be a priority with HT.
I was starting to think this line would die before it's born..but with a sequel announced, I think we will atleast be getting David/Shaw/Engineer. Only question is when.

Shaw would be a great choice as first figure- then David......we'll see if we get any more past them.....Engineer would require a whole new body and I don't see it happening ...if so a long way off.

Shaw first? That can't be so! What is Hot Toys thinking? I mean I would consider a Shaw...

I guess they were thinking she is the main character and should logically go first.

The dismissal and negativity towards her really disgusts me. I am sorry she is not hawt enough or violent enough to appeal to certain immature fanboys.

Back