Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they were thinking she is the main character and should logically go first.

The dismissal and negativity towards her really disgusts me. I am sorry she is not hawt enough or violent enough to appeal to certain immature fanboys.

Well, at least she appeals to certain "overeager" fanboys. :rolleyes:

Creature figures should come first.

^:lol

I guess they were thinking she is the main character and should logically go first.

The dismissal and negativity towards her really disgusts me. I am sorry she is not hawt enough or violent enough to appeal to certain immature fanboys.

Don't think she is ugly at all, she is beautiful (irrelevant really)! I thought she was awesome, the best Prometheus character imo. :rock

^:lol

Don't think she is ugly at all, she is beautiful (irrelevant really)! I thought she was awesome, the best Prometheus character imo. :rock

Yes she was great.................like I said she SHOULD come first so we'll see...

Yes she was great.................like I said she SHOULD come first so we'll see...

I think they should somehow make a teaser for all the main characters. David, Shaw, Vickers and the Engineer. I'd personally get more but I don't think Hot Toys will go that deep into the line. :dunno

I think they should somehow make a teaser for all the main characters. David, Shaw, Vickers and the Engineer. I'd personally get more but I don't think Hot Toys will go that deep into the line. :dunno

I'm thinking Shaw and David and THAT IS IT...........:dunno
Vickers could be a 2013 Toy Fairs exclusive!

She is pretty, but not a supermodel. Earlier there were several people stating their preference for a Vickers figure, a clearly secondary character, sometimes with complete exclusion of Shaw. This happens with other licences, where Jean Grey And Storm for example gets left off a wish list of X-Men figures. As a female fan it gets annoying.

She is pretty, but not a supermodel. Earlier there were several people stating their preference for a Vickers figure, a clearly secondary character, sometimes with complete exclusion of Shaw. This happens with other licences, where Jean Grey And Storm for example gets left off a wish list of X-Men figures. As a female fan it gets annoying.

That's what you can expect from a bunch of male 1/6 collectors....try to look past it! I still want Vickers..................despite being a secondary but very cool character

Can't see why anyone would take Vickers over Shaw, or David, or Charlie, Janek, etc. Theron easily had the worst acting and was very dull imo. I guess she's "hot"...but in a very boring way if that makes sense. Noomi on the other hand has a very beautiful and unique face. Thought her character was more interesting too.

:slap I guess I need to change my sig to Éowyn shouting "I am no man".

The mindset that assumes everyone here is male is closely related to the dismissive attitude towards Shaw that I find objectionable.

FANBOY: An extreme fan or follower of a particular medium or concept, whether it be sports , television, film directors, video games (the most common usage) etc. Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

There is no discussion in relation to your sex...you're bringing that into the conversation, and in your responses to others about their dislike towards a Shaw figure. I could care less whether you're male or female...it's YOUR dismissive attitude towards men that is showing in your posts and is, quite honestly, pretty annoying.

For some reason, you seem to think that because you're a female it makes your argument FOR a Shaw figure more relevant, and that what you assume are mostly men are arguing against it means we're sexist, just shows how sexist YOU are being.

If you can't take the heat...:wave

Last edited:
FANBOY: An extreme fan or follower of a particular medium or concept, whether it be sports , television, film directors, video games (the most common usage) etc. Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

There is no discussion in relation to your sex...you're bringing that into the conversation, and in your responses to others about their dislike towards a Shaw figure. I could care less whether you're male or female...it's YOUR dismissive attitude towards men that is showing in your posts and is, quite honestly, pretty annoying.

For some reason, you seem to think that because you're a female it makes your argument FOR a Shaw figure more relevant, and that what you assume are mostly men are arguing against it means we're sexist, just shows how sexist YOU are being.

Wow. That is quite a reaction.

The fact you labeled me a "overeager fanboy" in the first place for simply saying the main character of the film is the logical figure to be released first, really says it all about your defensiveness.

And Shaw is the main character. A variety of personal attacks on me will not change that fact and have it suddenly make sense for Hot Toys to release someone else first.

Edit:
By the way are you really that oblivious to the irony of you labeling others "fanboys"? Your entire online persona seems rooted in the xenomorphs and here you are demanding that "[c]reature figures should come first".

So, have we heard anything from HT besides the mention in the catalog from last November?

Apparently Hot Toys Community France (I think) had exclusive info that the first figure being released is Shaw.

Well, at least she appeals to certain "overeager" fanboys. :rolleyes:
I can see that's possibly just a reactive comment to the previous post.. but come on - the girl is damn fine. I appreciate that we're all different, but if you're dissing her unfairly.. that's another story. :monkey1

Again - I couldn't care less about the release order, I just want to know that Liz is definitely getting made. :pray:

This line has nothing to worry about. Asmuch as IMO it was a pretty crappy movie its still got longevity. So if a figure comes out this christmas, or next people will buy it. Unlike Avengers, where i think HT have shot themselves in the foot by pushing them all back till next year. Pushing the figures back further after the movie has came out, and closer to when the new movies ( and new outfits) come out will completely wipe out their sales. For Prometheus i dont think this is a worry, they could bring out an Engineer & Shaw (in space suit) at any point and they would be snapped up.

And the creature is a certainty. Along with at least 1 human.

Back