Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really are! Im always reading, or hearing on youtube about people not wanting to buy figures like catwoman and Black widow, even if it means having an incomplete line because they feel HT females are like Barbie

It could literally just be an Engineer figure that comes with the Ripped off Head of David as an accessory the same we we are getting an Engineer head with Bridge

That was what I was thinking too, would suck if they did it like that.

So with Fassbender so far not being represented from either X Men or Prometheus now, could this point to likeness rights problem? Seems strange there is a slow release from both even though they were announced a long time ago. And strangely he is in both.

Hot Toys is usually slow with many releases. I'm thinking they cancelled the Fassbender X-Men, I don't see its popularity but I might be wrong.

Btw, I never thanked you for the DX12 custom mouth piece, it looks awesome. Thanks! :hi5:

Maybe so, surely they won't rob us of an actual David 8 Figure?

I can only hope we get two versions of him.. One Spacesuit version and another Prometheus uniform version. :lecture

two versions of David could be pushing it, i hope not though..

Weird how we are getting a Vickers.. i mean she was a main character no doubt but wonder if many people would want her, i have to admit i'd more than likely get her because of some sad completionist feeling but surely someone like David 8, Fifield or even Wayland would be more appealing.. but what do i know :)

We seem to be getting a Shaw figure with the severed Engineer head, the alien from the operation scene (did that have a name?) the axe (which is really cool) which makes me wonder if we'll get that Shaw insanely angry sculpt as surely it would look odd to have her holding the axe with a neutral look..

As for Vickers not sure what accessories you could have? do i dare say the flamethrower? did she have anything else?

Then Engineer could come with David8 head, maybe space jockey helmet, or maybe not as that could look weird without the rest of the suit, no weirder than that Luke inside Darth Vader helmet i guess.

Then maybe a Engineer & David twin pack - maybe with that flute thing?

Very pleased to see so much love for Noomi in here. :rock

Seriously! I'm thrilled to see this discussion evolve into somewhat of a Noomi/Shaw appreciation thread. Kudos to HT for making her first! :rock

the axe (which is really cool) which makes me wonder if we'll get that Shaw insanely angry sculpt as surely it would look odd to have her holding the axe with a neutral look..

Why would it look odd? Her expression was neutral the whole time she had the axe. She only screamed at the last second when she pushed the button to open the door. The only "odd" thing about this figure having the axe is that it's the wrong costume. Not that I care though, I'm definitely going to display her with it.

But I am absolutely FLOORED at the notion of HT making Shaw, Vickers, David, and Engineer w/David head. FLOORED! Sounds too good to be true!

Last edited:
Seriously! I'm thrilled to see this discussion evolve into somewhat of a Noomi/Shaw appreciation thread. Kudos to HT for making her first! :rock

But I am absolutely FLOORED at the notion of HT making Shaw, Vickers, David, and Engineer w/David head. FLOORED! Sounds too good to be true!

:exactly:

It's like a dream come true. At one point I thought they cancelled this... now we're getting at least all of the most important characters.

it is a dream come true for sure..

I guess odd was the wrong word, i just thought if she had the axe it would have a been a good moment for a second head with a more 'hurried' look about it - at that point in the film she wasn't looking relaxed..

Plus register my vote for 2013 Comic Con Exclusive Captain Janek with Accordion :)

it is a dream come true for sure..

I guess odd was the wrong word, i just thought if she had the axe it would have a been a good moment for a second head with a more 'hurried' look about it - at that point in the film she wasn't looking relaxed..

Plus register my vote for 2013 Comic Con Exclusive Captain Janek with Accordion :)

Two headsculpts would be nice. One neutral expression and one like this:

Prometheus-900-600-600x400.jpg

:lol Looks kinda funny though. But if they didn't include 2 headsculpts this would look just fine:

prometheus-review.jpg

But wrong suit..

Yes! Finally some good news from this line! I will be getting Shaw for sure. Hope we get an engineer and David 8 after this. I know it'll be forever, but I'd rather wait for them, than not have them at all.

Shaw's accessories look cool. I like the baby trilobite a lot. Although, I would've liked to see her in the suit with the orange piping. Oh well. Still getting her though.

ha nice use of that picture... waiting until someone says we should get that version in the picture, where she is basically wearing bandages.. 1/6 Medipod anyway?

ha nice use of that picture... waiting until someone says we should get that version in the picture, where she is basically wearing bandages.. 1/6 Medipod anyway?

I wanted one since I saw the movie. Loved that scene.

They need to include her necklace. :lecture

$(KGrHqJ,!jgF!tnnkPO!BQ,bnbdnoQ~~60_35.JPG

Word. :lecture

And while I'm thrilled that HT dropped some very big names in that article I won't hold my breath that we'll actually see all those figures. Shaw is a lock since they previewed her but they might wait and see how she does before commiting to the others. If they make David, Vickers, and the Engineer then that will literally be every character that I was hoping they'd produce. Of course like everyone I'd prefer Shaw in her orange piping suit but I'm not going to complain. I was starting to get nervous that they might not produce anyone!

They really are! Im always reading, or hearing on youtube about people not wanting to buy figures like catwoman and Black widow, even if it means having an incomplete line because they feel HT females are like Barbie

Regardless of the female figure love on this forum a David/male figure would easily outsell a Shaw figure.

They already released the NECA David. So I'm guessing Hot Toys didn't want to do the reveal with characters we've seen already seen first.
(David, Engineer, Deacon, Trilobite, Holloway)

So they are going in reverse order. (Shaw, Baby Squid, etc)

i'd agree, Shaw was a good one to go with first for the reveal as she is the lead of the film..

Back