Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a few more pics:

IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2581.jpg

Received my order from KG hobbies but the name plate on the stand reads “Sith Trooper”. Obviously this isn’t KG’s fault but what are my chances of being sent a correct name plate?

Waiting for my order from KG as well. I'll check that name plate. I usually don't look to closely as i'm not using those stands. Never had issues with figures coming from them so i can't really tell if they are effective with replacement and parts. Get in touch with them. Likely the only way to find out how good they are.

Yes, Thursday from sideshow. What the heck is going on with shipping costs at sideshow? They were like $15 not that long ago for regular sixth scale, the. They were like $20 for a real short time and now I’m getting charged $25 for shipping. Pretty crazy increase.

Yes, Thursday from sideshow. What the heck is going on with shipping costs at sideshow? They were like $15 not that long ago for regular sixth scale, the. They were like $20 for a real short time and now I’m getting charged $25 for shipping. Pretty crazy increase.

Plus sales tax now on new orders this year.

Got mine from KG Hobby today. Looking great in hand. Only nitpick, i'm having troubles having the back of her dress set right with all these folds.

Plus sales tax now on new orders this year.

Yeah, now noticing that there appears to be a distinction between items preordered last year and new orders in 2020. It doesn't appear I'm being taxed for Leia but new orders now add sales tax.

I'm really kicking myself now for not preordering the Rancor statue so I could save up more points :gah:

I saw someone on FB post they were getting charged almost $30 to ship the Sith Trooper. Absolutely ridiculous. I know they're giving out a ton of rewards points, but at this point, all they equate to is a few shipping/tax for a couple figures.

Yeah, now noticing that there appears to be a distinction between items preordered last year and new orders in 2020. It doesn't appear I'm being taxed for Leia but new orders now add sales tax.

I'm really kicking myself now for not preordering the Rancor statue so I could save up more points :gah:

They will probably add the tax at shipping for those older pre-orders. Thats what they did when they started collecting sales tax for australian orders.

They will probably add the tax at shipping for those older pre-orders. Thats what they did when they started collecting sales tax for australian orders.

Well that doesn't sound promising. The shipping soon email sent today gives a total amount owed without mentioning tax. We shall see what happens next Thursday.

I saw someone on FB post they were getting charged almost $30 to ship the Sith Trooper. Absolutely ridiculous. I know they're giving out a ton of rewards points, but at this point, all they equate to is a few shipping/tax for a couple figures.

Leia shipping is $29. For continental US shipping that is a ludicrous.

Well that doesn't sound promising. The shipping soon email sent today gives a total amount owed without mentioning tax. We shall see what happens next Thursday.

Perhaps the law isn't retrospective? Technically the australian law wasn't retrospective, but they applied it anyway.

Perhaps the law isn't retrospective? Technically the australian law wasn't retrospective, but they applied it anyway.

Collecting in Australia sounds pretty rough based on the feedback I have seen from a lot of folks here. Sounds like prices get pretty high based on different factors like product access, currency strength, etc.

Back