Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here I was thinking I was a Star Wars movie nerd :lol :slap :wink1:

Well, to be fair, I just watched your collection update video and you've got WAAAY more lines and franchises to keep up on than me. Other than a tiny handful of outliers, I'm really just SW and Indy, so a PHD in SW-ology is more understandable.:dunno:rotfl

Honestly, I am super glad that even though I love stuff like BTTF, GB and Alien, I don't have any desire to collect 1/6 figs from them.

Technically that's not even "his" pistoi - it belongs to one of Jabba's goons.:lol

It's funny that pistol is associated with ROTJ Luke - Jabba's Palace, Endor and Jedi - yet he actually has it in-hand for all of one second, and only in Jabba's Palace.

And umm... he's holding it as he tumbles down toward the Rancor Pit (so could presumably use it to shoot/kill the Rancor) yet it mysteriously disappears as soon as he arrives in the pit.:monkey3

Mind blown :lol

Only true connoisseurs will understand. These figurines are worthy of personal collections. Where exactly can you buy them, are they only on the Internet or in stores?

MxEdo8B.jpg

fIuzIhZ.jpg

Just got the set in, wicket feels fantastic. The helmet wasn't as difficult as I thought to put on Leia. I hadn't watched any videos yet, I didn't realize her hair sculpt was a plug like that. I wonder why they didn't use a magnet, but either way she looks great too. Very happy with them!

Who's going to be the first to wrap this little sucker around a regular 1/6 figure's leg?

That's the one, though the later ciip of him dipping his wicket while laying on the floor takes first prize.

Here's my thoughts on the set. Overall a fantastic set, with the only strange thing being the legs of Wicket. Not sure if this is a common issues due to the undersuit?

Thank you for sharing. I have to say you are one of the few video reviewers I am able to watch.

You and a small handful of others put the collectibles first and manage to convey a genuine love and appreciation of the hobby.

There are a lot of reviewers out there that may enjoy the figures, but it often seems like they are using them more for validation and attention than anything else.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. I have to say you are one of the few video reviewers I am able to watch.

You and a small handful of others put the collectibles first and manage to convey a genuine love and appreciation of the hobby.

There are a lot of reviewers out there that may enjoy the figures, but it often seems like they are using them more for validation and attention than anything else.

Wow, thanks for such a nice compliment! Definitely for me the hobby is all about nostalgia and the love of the source material. Glad you find my videos watchable, although some have said my reviews can be a tad boring. Either way, thanks for checking them out! :D

Just when I had gotten those images out of my head, revisited the innocence and child-like wonder I had in '83.......

All riiiight... here ya go, 80s Wicket nostalgia restored:

tumblr_nfhp4sQ01F1rah2s8o1_400.gif

Maybe NBC just booked old school 80s Wicket for that Halloween special after all.:dunno:rotfl

My set is on the way but stuck in customs! Hopefully soon this is a set I have been anticipating and the video review has me hyped. Great looking set!

Hey, I've done a quick writeup summary of the set on my website too, with pics etc. Have a read of my thoughts if you prefer that to the video review :)

https://www.koolkollectibles.com/2020/08/hot-toys-mms551-princess-leia-and-wicket.html

Did you get a chance to compare the Luke and Leia helmets to see if they are any different other than the lower leather/fabric portion? In some pics it looks like the "donut" and upper parts are the same size in others they seem different.

Anyone else still waiting on the set from BBTS? It's been in stock at Sideshow and some other US vendors for a bit now.

Aren't they just priced at retail?

No, the last few ones have been about 15 bucks higher than other retailers. Cable on Sideshow is $270, BBTS has it for $285. Newest Wonder Woman is $270 on BBTS, Sideshow is at $255. Just a couple of recent examples. Maybe they are making up for the $4 shipping?

Back