Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight out of the box, and what a beautiful set it is! Wicket looks frickin amazing, and I still love that head sculpt on Leia (I'm sure there are some subtle diffs to the Hoth version, but will have a closer look). Loving the OT releases!

IMG_2613b.JPG

The gun holster on my Leia just fell off.. I didn't even touch it. The tiny little strip of pleather holding it on the back tore. I wish Hot Toys would use less delicate materials. I've had numerous figures with tiny parts break out of the box now. Luckily, Alter Ego contacted Sideshow for me and is sending me a new belt.

20200802_202505.jpg

I saw on eBay there's knockoffs of this (or maybe Hoth Leia's?) sculpt. I'll probably grab one and shave the hair off to use permanently with the helmet.

I saw on eBay there's knockoffs of this (or maybe Hoth Leia's?) sculpt. I'll probably grab one and shave the hair off to use permanently with the helmet.

Really... I didn't notice.:monkey3:rotfl

When factories in China decide to do a knockoff, they don't mess around.:lecture There seems to be hundreds hitting at the same time (all using the same set of pics... hmm.)

LzNMlVY.png

Hope the quality is as good as the pics indicate - which pretty much looks as good as the HT original. I've seen some knockoff pics look like the original but then what shows up has issues (undersized vs original, paint rubs off easily, apps not as good, made of hard resin not regular plastic like original etc.)

I have 3-4 junk knockoffs sitting in a bin somewhere that I always take out before I'm tempted to buy another one. I've seen pics of some knockoffs that look great, but you have to be super careful buying these because they know it'll cost pretty much the price of the head to return it, so few people do.

Not saying these will be bad but fool em with a pic of the origiinal head and ship the junk (that can't be returned) seems to be a popular thing on ebay.

Ah, if only Hot Toys had given her an awkward sideways gaze, or a daft, open-mouthed expression (perhaps both?) this bootlegging could have been deterred.

I never understand that - like bootleggers can often replicate the precise detail and paint apps of a HT head, yet they can't do the same thing where the mouth is slightly open and the eyes are sideways? I never understand that logic.:dunno

When factories in China decide to do a knockoff, they don't mess around.:lecture There seems to be hundreds hitting at the same time (all using the same set of pics... hmm.)

Hope the quality is as good as the pics indicate - which pretty much looks as good as the HT original. I've seen some knockoff pics look like the original but then what shows up has issues (undersized vs original, paint rubs off easily, apps not as good, made of hard resin not regular plastic like original etc.)

I have 3-4 junk knockoffs sitting in a bin somewhere that I always take out before I'm tempted to buy another one. I've seen pics of some knockoffs that look great, but you have to be super careful buying these because they know it'll cost pretty much the price of the head to return it, so few people do.

Not saying these will be bad but fool em with a pic of the origiinal head and ship the junk (that can't be returned) seems to be a popular thing on ebay.

Haha I know it won't look as good as those pics, but that's why I'll go with one of the $22 listings. I do like to wait until someone posts an actual product photo though instead of those, sometimes some of the US eBay sellers post them in hand.

I would take more Ewoks, but I doubt we?ll get any more. Our chance to get more would probably have been in a bundle with Wicket. Obviously they went with him and Leia as a pair instead though.

Maybe Teebo plus Han for that Ewok introduction scene.

I did get a knock off ANH Han to make a Han Stormtrooper disguise out of one of my ANH Stomies and the quality was very very close to the original HT I had. But as soon as the official HT Han Stormtrooper hit I retired that head to the parts box. I'm considering throwing it on my Solo Han Solo for a bit of fun when it finally arrives.

If they had a bootleg version of the Bespin Leia I would seriously consider grabbing one for my Hoth Leia and converting to a Bespin escape... which would lead HT to releasing and official one for me to then have to buy lol.

I did get a knock off ANH Han to make a Han Stormtrooper disguise out of one of my ANH Stomies and the quality was very very close to the original HT I had. But as soon as the official HT Han Stormtrooper hit I retired that head to the parts box. I'm considering throwing it on my Solo Han Solo for a bit of fun when it finally arrives.

If they had a bootleg version of the Bespin Leia I would seriously consider grabbing one for my Hoth Leia and converting to a Bespin escape... which would lead HT to releasing and official one for me to then have to buy lol.

The knockoff ANH Han head I got looked great in terms of paint but it was maybe 10-15% smaller than the Ht original, like a teen Han. I actually ended up returning it back to HK.

The knockoff ANH Han head I got looked great in terms of paint but it was maybe 10-15% smaller than the Ht original, like a teen Han. I actually ended up returning it back to HK.

Hmmmm I don't recall mine having that kind of shrinkage. Might pull it out later and look again.

Hmmmm I don't recall mine having that kind of shrinkage. Might pull it out later and look again.

Yeah as soon as I saw the Leia heads, I was thinking, '**** do the bespin hair!'

Oh ****... I didn't even put two and two together. I was hoping the solo Wicket would ship late next week but the whole area is in hard lockdown, so I assume nobody at work at PC and much less postal pick up.

At the moment it?s ok I believe, Popcultcha are in Geelong not Melbourne and are on stage 3 restrictions. I think the warehouse is regional Victoria as well. So I think they are still working until they get stage 4 (it?s hard to keep up with the restrictions and rules!)

Also Australia Post are bau at the moment across Melbourne as it?s an essential service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my set yesterday from AE. Wicket is wayyy better in hand than I expected. Glad I got the 2-pack. Now I need to order some stand decals from Evilface.

cfea880d5e430e76029368d1a7e53379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing weird is the legs on my Wicket dont seem to hold their articulation at the hip. I can move them forward, but they seem to spring back like the undersuit is restricting their movement forward. Anyone else's do that too?

Back