Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a solid looking figure that must have been technically complex to build but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to make my Wickets look more like the onscreen Wicket.[...]

One thing that needs doing is the fur on the face needs separation to achieve that matted, shaggy look instead of the plush vibe. A lot of hair products on the market would render it shiny or greasy, but if I had this figure I'd try this -- it's not cheap but you only need minuscule amounts, and it has a matte finish:

https://www.amazon.ca/Kevin-Murphy-Rough-Rider-U-HC-10057/dp/B00HZSJZ9M/ref=pd_bxgy_img_3/140-8650221-3157912?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00HZSJZ9M&pd_rd_r=2740d591-3054-427e-b64b-363d71a370b6&pd_rd_w=hCwQU&pd_rd_wg=cJxZS&pf_rd_p=651c6196-5161-4602-81e9-26b0f9bf89e1&pf_rd_r=3GCKW18K0YEZ1EHNQP50&psc=1&refRID=3GCKW18K0YEZ1EHNQP50

This one is expensive; I'm sure there are equivalent products for less but I haven't worked with them so can't say how they'll set etc. ... with this one tiny amounts on the fingertips, followed by pinching and twisting of bits of fur should give you what you need and it'll stay in place.

Well not sure if it really turned out that well, but I took a shot at giving her some messier hair with magic sculpt, just to change things up a bit more from my other Leia figures. It should probably look a bit looser and messier, but I still needed to keep it tight enough to the head so I could put the helmet on, which surprisingly I can.

I also lightened the hair overall, and gave her some rosier cheeks, darker eyeliner and pinker lips like she had in the movie.

View attachment 493618

Damn, that?s one of the few pictures I?ve seen where this actually looks like Fisher. Nicely done:clap

One thing that needs doing is the fur on the face needs separation to achieve that matted, shaggy look instead of the plush vibe. A lot of hair products on the market would render it shiny or greasy, but if I had this figure I'd try this -- it's not cheap but you only need minuscule amounts, and it has a matte finish:

https://www.amazon.ca/Kevin-Murphy-Rough-Rider-U-HC-10057/dp/B00HZSJZ9M/ref=pd_bxgy_img_3/140-8650221-3157912?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00HZSJZ9M&pd_rd_r=2740d591-3054-427e-b64b-363d71a370b6&pd_rd_w=hCwQU&pd_rd_wg=cJxZS&pf_rd_p=651c6196-5161-4602-81e9-26b0f9bf89e1&pf_rd_r=3GCKW18K0YEZ1EHNQP50&psc=1&refRID=3GCKW18K0YEZ1EHNQP50

This one is expensive; I'm sure there are equivalent products for less but I haven't worked with them so can't say how they'll set etc. ... with this one tiny amounts on the fingertips, followed by pinching and twisting of bits of fur should give you what you need and it'll stay in place.

Yeah I wouldn't go spending that much money. There are plenty of wax and clay hair moulding products. I'd stay away from hair gel though. Otherwise you could end up like this.

09cbce5c7e93a6e5621c14e6b347d569.jpg

It's a solid looking figure that must have been technically complex to build but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to make my Wickets look more like the onscreen Wicket.

The fig just looks so much like a Disney plush toy vs the onscreen character that is cute but also looks like an elderly "wild man" blended with an animal (that's almost creepy looking at times also.)

I thought of dirtying his face up, but he's not really dirty exactly, it's more just messy grey fur that is darker beneath, less of that white fluffy lap dog look the figure has. Maybe it's about brushing on some grey dye then geling the dyed fur, or adding some longer fur to the face?

YRp9IOa.jpg

(pic credit to DarthRusty.)

This 100%.

I've kept my mouth shut, hoping that seeing it in-hand would be as good as people were saying... but I can't any longer, now that I have seen it in the flesh. This thing is woeful. As Tali said, it looks like a cheap plush toy. The love here has me truly baffled?

Each to their own, but I think there are a lot of "justification goggles" going on in this thread.

It's certainly not as close as it could be, and some pics make it look more toyish than others, but it's still a much better representation than any of the Chewies have been at least.

Plus it helps that this is not really the most important SW character ever, so the inaccuracies don't bother me nearly as much.

I?m perfectly happy with mine the way it is. But if someone wants to adjust the color of his face fur, it doesn?t seem like it would be all that hard. Maybe someone can give it a try and show us the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think a quick tea dip would be all he needs to take away some of the bright white.

yeah,he looks like one of the other ewoks,just not Wicket.
Hopefully HT do the rest of the top tier ewoks like Chirpa,Logray,Paploo and Teebo.

Mine looks better than some in pics, but either way the way the whole figure and body are done really well. He's a lot more articulated than I thought and the fur flows really well over the body and meeting the hands and stuff.

Haven't seen anyone actually try this, but this is the "Ewok drum" Death Star Trooper helmet that comes with this set actually put on my DST figure. In taking a close look at the preview pics of the abandoned HT figure, this does appear to be the same mold as the one used on that figure.

I've pictured it next to a couple of figures to judge the size - it seems close to right to me, though it shares the problem that the previewed HT DST had, which is that the helmet flare doesn't seem quite angled out enough. The DST helmets did vary a bit across the movies, so there are some that look like that.

The DST outfit mine has is from ESB (the uniforms vary movie to movie,) though with ROTJ style shoulder emblems.

BielnCC.jpg

mhyvPAm.jpg

Great job on your DS Trooper Tali! I’m currently working on one myself since HT refuses to release theirs. What did you use for the chin strap and straps?

Great job on your DS Trooper Tali! I’m currently working on one myself since HT refuses to release theirs. What did you use for the chin strap and straps?

Thanks echo, it's from one of my SSC x-wing helmets - seemed to be the best match. The one that comes with the Agostini helmets (x-wing etc) seemed closer to the one HT used for the upcoming Luke Snowspeeder, so I swapped that chin cup to the x-wing helmet.

The strap is just black elastic of the same width that HT used (though it's super tricky to thread through the chin cup's slots.)

I have a couple more of these helmets coming to do a ANH and ROTJ version of the DST - the ANH has the longer tunic and doesn't clip to the shoulder (just straight across) and has the shorter boots, the ROTJ has the unique belt and will have the Rebel Commando rifle.

Where’s the outfit from? This could probably be a fairly simple bash with the right parts. Could just use a generic sculpt.

Back