Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks echo, it's from one of my SSC x-wing helmets - seemed to be the best match. The one that comes with the Agostini helmets (x-wing etc) seemed closer to the one HT used for the upcoming Luke Snowspeeder, so I swapped that chin cup to the x-wing helmet.

The strap is just black elastic of the same width that HT used (though it's super tricky to thread through the chin cup's slots.)

I have a couple more of these helmets coming to do a ANH and ROTJ version of the DST - the ANH has the longer tunic and doesn't clip to the shoulder (just straight across) and has the shorter boots, the ROTJ has the unique belt and will have the Rebel Commando rifle.

Thanks for the tip!

Where?s the outfit from? This could probably be a fairly simple bash with the right parts. Could just use a generic sculpt.

That looks like the Hasbro 12? uniform. I found a seller on eBay selling a knockoff imperial uniform that I just purchased and am waiting for to come in. If you’re interested search 1/6 black warrior on eBay.

Haven't seen anyone actually try this, but this is the "Ewok drum" Death Star Trooper helmet that comes with this set actually put on my DST figure. In taking a close look at the preview pics of the abandoned HT figure, this does appear to be the same mold as the one used on that figure.

I've pictured it next to a couple of figures to judge the size - it seems close to right to me, though it shares the problem that the previewed HT DST had, which is that the helmet flare doesn't seem quite angled out enough. The DST helmets did vary a bit across the movies, so there are some that look like that.

The DST outfit mine has is from ESB (the uniforms vary movie to movie,) though with ROTJ style shoulder emblems.

BielnCC.jpg

mhyvPAm.jpg

Death Star Trooper and droid look great!

That looks like the Hasbro 12? uniform. I found a seller on eBay selling a knockoff imperial uniform that I just purchased and am waiting for to come in. If you’re interested search 1/6 black warrior on eBay.

Yeah I saw that outfit but was worried it might be that "cheapo eBay" cut-sew quality you see on some of the lower end 1/6 outfits on eBay, especially because it's up around $50+ship. I probably would have rolled the dice on that if it was in the $20 range just to see. Interested to see if it's close in quality to the Sideshow version.

Where’s the outfit from? This could probably be a fairly simple bash with the right parts. Could just use a generic sculpt.

As echo mentioned, my DST is a modded Hasbro outfit because I wanted the shoulder emblems.

I will say this - making Imperials is a whole lot tougher than you'd think. It's those crisp snug fitting uniforms:lol

Death Star Trooper and droid look great!

Thanks, yeah the HT helmet does help bump up the look a bit and the weathering really isn't as much of an issue as I had thought - it's pretty subtle. FYI, my camera distorted the droid's head a bit vs the DST helmet, making the droid head look a bit larger than it is in reality.

The DSD is sandcrawler style but he always seems to end up with the Imperial displays (hey, he's a "death star droid" no matter what).:lol

That's the first thing I did & has been a work in progress. Pretty happy where he's at.View attachment 494090

Yeah, I guess this is what I will do (I like the feral animal look,) or as hen88 says, maybe add some grey fur to the face. Seems like that's the key issue - is that face fur is too bright white (and also uniformly white) and also too short to match the onscreen character.

Almost looks like the plastic face pieces might need some lightening up too - they seem pretty dark and super shiny.

But who knows - my wickets may end up like my Chewies, where I plan to mod them, take them out and go "eh, looks fine" and put it back on display. :lol

Man, that Death Star Droid looks awesome. That's just a repainted Hasbro one, right? I wasn't sure how many versions were out there.

Thanks dj - yeah, it's a (very heavily) modded Hasbro that has a lot of styrene construction laid over it. The head was 50% rebuilt, maybe more. To my knowledge there are no other versions of the DSD in close to 1/6 scale, even busts/statues other than the GG Kenner jumbo. Here's a couple of other angles.

bHO2fZ1.jpg

Looking nice RF - what did you do on the afce exactly - some thinned greyish acrylic paint dabbed into the fur? Then "gel" to hold the fur with some thinned clear/matte acrylic - or something else?

I do think the nose and lips could do with a bit of lightening also.

My first Wicket arrived (2-pack version) and one thing I noticed is a has difficulty looking up, which is an issue if you want him looking up at Leia.

Yeah man that’s exactly what I did and floor polish over the whole thing and trimming all around except for the face and ears and stomach.

I actually did lighten his nose lips and painted his teeth also. How the hell could they leave them black? Insane!

Sweet Jesus Raymond!!!!!!!!!

Now that is Wicket!!!!

That is absolutely superb!

Raymond, your work is astonishing...the stock version looks like an unfinished figure next to your modified version. Just amazing!

I'll get my chance next week to see this figure. As I expected, BBTS has received everything SW HT at once (along with some Marvel).
Sure hope after this flash flood of held up shipments that things taper off a bit....and yes, I know it sounds insane saying that after all of these dry months.....feast or famine, eh?

If the individual version of Wicket hangs around a bit, I might pick one up to try and mod...don't know if I could come near your stellar results but after seeing your excellent work, the production version looks almost cheesy.

Thanks for showing us your work!

Oh, and what kind of floor polish?

Ray just ruined the stock figure for basically everybody. :lol Impressive work, sir .... most impressive. :vader

He really did. I really liked the figure but now i feel like I have to do something.

Excellent job as usual Ray, that Wicket is amazing!

Back