Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...as if a million Wicket owners suddenly cried out in terror and suddenly went to the post office and shipped their figures to Ray."

"...as if a million Wicket owners suddenly cried out in terror and suddenly went to the post office and shipped their figures to Ray."

If I won the lottery I would try to hire him to improve my toys. I don't think he has ever taken commissions.

Just caught up on this thread. Wow, Ray's Wicket mod looks amazing! Good to know that the real Wicket is hiding under there, mmaaayyybeee worth trying myself. But yep, truly amazing work.:clap:yess:

Yeah man that’s exactly what I did and floor polish over the whole thing and trimming all around except for the face and ears and stomach.

I actually did lighten his nose lips and painted his teeth also. How the hell could they leave them black? Insane!

Cool, thanks - will be launching into this guy as soon as I'm done with my Logray and Power Droid customs. Your detailed pics will be great as a guide.:hi5:

Ray just ruined the stock figure for basically everybody. :lol Impressive work, sir .... most impressive. :vader

Well, I was sounding the alarm on this figure for a month or so - seemingly to deaf ears.:lol And that was before I even got it in hand (which I just got yesterday, at least the two-pack version.)

I couldn't believe people were happy with the stock figure. To me it was even more noticeable than the HT Chewies. Great that Raymond has finally shown what the fig should have come out like.:clap

Yeah, Wicket onscreen is a blend of cute teddy and creepy old man (his face is sort of weird looking) - this fig seems to nail only the first one to me. He has the cuddly plush toy look, but not that "real animal" wildman face.

But... will wait until it's in hand in a week or two.

It's a solid looking figure that must have been technically complex to build but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to make my Wickets look more like the onscreen Wicket.

The fig just looks so much like a Disney plush toy vs the onscreen character that is cute but also looks like an elderly "wild man" blended with an animal (that's almost creepy looking at times also.)

I thought of dirtying his face up, but he's not really dirty exactly, it's more just messy grey fur that is darker beneath, less of that white fluffy lap dog look the figure has. Maybe it's about brushing on some grey dye then geling the dyed fur, or adding some longer fur to the face?

YRp9IOa.jpg

(pic credit to DarthRusty.)

Just caught up on this thread. Wow, Ray's Wicket mod looks amazing! Good to know that the real Wicket is hiding under there, mmaaayyybeee worth trying myself. But yep, truly amazing work.:clap:yess:

At minimum repaint the hood. I will say that crumpling the hood tightly and then pulling it lower down to the eyes does help the look/likeness a bit as a simple fix.

I have stayed away from this Ewok because of how it looked, but Ray has given me hope and made me rethink... so maybe I will pick this up if the price continues to drop.

I have stayed away from this Ewok because of how it looked, but Ray has given me hope and made me rethink... so maybe I will pick this up if the price continues to drop.

Has the price dropped?! If so where?

Exactly! I loved my Wicket up until I saw Raymond?s. His Wicket looks stunning! Now mine looks like a miniature care bear.

Now when I look at mine I?m doing the ?Care Bear stare?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing Raymond's custom, I don't think I want the original wicket anymore. Thanks Raymond for saving me money! :peace

After seeing Raymond's custom, I don't think I want the original wicket anymore. Thanks Raymond for saving me money! :peace

:lol Definitely feeling the need to put Wicket back in the box until I erase those images from my memory as I'm not sure I have the courage, and definitely not the skills, to get it looking so good.

Saw some cool customs on Facebook of other Ewoks people already made using Wicket as a base.

:lol Definitely feeling the need to put Wicket back in the box until I erase those images from my memory as I'm not sure I have the courage, and definitely not the skills, to get it looking so good.

Saw some cool customs on Facebook of other Ewoks people already made using Wicket as a base.

Where was that on FB? I'm doing a Logray and a Paploo, though one is from scratch body-wise.

This is my two-pack Wicket out of the box with a bit of futzing, hanging out in the Endor battle display for now. I'll be doing quite a bit of work on this little Pomeranian-in-a-hood.:lol

0weG5K7.jpg

For sure. I always get hyped up about the customs I see, but am way too scared to try it myself on $200+ figures lol. The most I've done is paint the soles of my ROTJ Stormtrooper boots black.

Where was that on FB? I'm doing a Logray and a Paploo, though one is from scratch body-wise.

Both were on Mos Eisley One Sixth Scale from different members there. Seem like customs Ewok characters, but I'm not an aficionado of the little fur balls. I really like the one with the old chopped up stormtrooper helmet on the left.

5499b3ddec911846c4ff2c2aebd21a95.jpg

b9b7a0e51e45c523f88bb84fad3e03b6.jpg

Back