Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keen to try some of these mods when my Wicket arrives next week. I have some hair stying "clay" I'm going to try. Will certainly give the hood a try with some pastels too. :)

View attachment 491983
but i think any bit of burnt orange pastel chalk would suffice. i just kind of tried to match the wicket stock photo that made posters & promos. fairly simple to do. if it comes out to bright dull it down with black or brown. just keep working it. the main thing to me was stretching the hood out so it didnt sit too tight to the overall face.
i used this pic as my ref
View attachment 491984
Awesome thank you and really you did a terrific job

totally digging wicket. futzed a bit with water and some tamiya weathering for about 20 minutes. tried to make his hood a bit more burnt orange. i might try to futz him a bit more with some styling gel but damn i wish they would have left his facial hair a tad longer................seems mine was cut short so there wasn't a lot to work with. all in all though i really like the little bugger.
View attachment 491958
View attachment 491959
View attachment 491960
View attachment 491961
View attachment 491972
a little more shading around the eyes. im not done yet

Thanks for sharing, this is great work!

totally digging wicket. futzed a bit with water and some tamiya weathering for about 20 minutes. tried to make his hood a bit more burnt orange. i might try to futz him a bit more with some styling gel but damn i wish they would have left his facial hair a tad longer................seems mine was cut short so there wasn't a lot to work with. all in all though i really like the little bugger.
View attachment 491958
View attachment 491959
View attachment 491960
View attachment 491961
View attachment 491972
a little more shading around the eyes. im not done yet

Excellent job with that hood. A little bit goes a long way!

Nice Barry. Mines still on the way. But I'm going to try with styling wax. Gel tends to clump and stick hair together too much. Wax tends to look a bit more natural I reckon.

Don't know if anyone else has tried hair styling wax ?
I've heard of using it on figures, but never have. The idea of that is so beyond what I'd do. I'll go as far as water futzing, ironing, combing, etc., but permanently modifying a figure (from a $20 Legends to this) is a terrifying thought. So I'm just wanting to say I sallute you (barryo and all others) that have the gumption to do things like this. I'd be awesome to lighten up Chewie's face for starters. I'm just a perfectionist, and not sure if these chalk pastels can be easily wiped off the fur if you mess up.

thanks everyone for the kind words. really simple mod. i forgot to mention i used q-tips dipped in water to work the fur. i do like the idea of the dry paste to possibly hold the fur in place a little more permanently. which would be better i suppose if you handle your figures much.

The more I think about it, I would love for Hot Toys to release the Jedi training Leia and Luke from TROS. I thought it was a beautiful scene, and it would be cool for those who are into EU stuff. I wouldn't mind if they just reused the current headsculpts.

I was thinking the same thing, they might not because it?s episode 9 but they might because HT can be very random and they are OT characters. But couldn?t you mostly cobble together these figures with existing parts? I can?t recall exactly how they look.

Fresh two pack. Fur looks better colored.

ba131873fc843a546d1b7b7be8f33dc3.jpg
df55b24cf68961b66be47509bacd09de.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, they might not because it?s episode 9 but they might because HT can be very random and they are OT characters. But couldn?t you mostly cobble together these figures with existing parts? I can?t recall exactly how they look.

I don?t think the outfits they were wearing had ever appeared before. But they could definitely reuse the head sculpts from Endor Luke and Leia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally ordered the two pack tonight. Used up my rewards ($151.50) to knock the price down. I won’t have it for a while though as I put it on flex pay. Wanted to make sure I secured a set in case it sells out.

Fresh two pack. Fur looks better colored.

ba131873fc843a546d1b7b7be8f33dc3.jpg
df55b24cf68961b66be47509bacd09de.jpg

That's the best one I've seen out the box, guess it's like a box of chocolates with these Ewoks. Also nice customization Barryo, I absolutely had to mod mine since it came with 0 contrasting fur.

Yeah definitely stoked I lucked out on the shade of fur. Was expecting super bright white like I’ve been seeing. Good luck!

okay another update. i wet his hood and then put over a glass bottle to stretch the collar out a bit more...........again to match the stock photos. i also gave him a pencil thin mustache like chewy had that i noticed he had when i was looking at various ref pics.
w6.jpg
w7.jpg
really having fun with this one.

Probably my biggest complaint with Wicket is his hood. Just looks too dark in my opinion. It has the right color in it, but they darkened it up too much in areas. I probably don’t have the guts to try and recolor it.

Back