Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is someone able to confirm what the Popcultcha early bird price for this set was? Was it $665.99 AU? Thanks.

They don?t include that price when you only pay deposit and I just wanted to make sure they are charging me right (pretty sure they are).

Is someone able to confirm what the Popcultcha early bird price for this set was? Was it $665.99 AU? Thanks.

They don?t include that price when you only pay deposit and I just wanted to make sure they are charging me right (pretty sure they are).

I ordered with the Early Bird price of $665.99. I paid $100 deposit but used $50 of pennies then asked for a Paypal invoice so I could pay it off.
Also arrived today! I?ll set them up and post pics, but really happy with them![emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Couple of quick shots at my desk
85ef6fce60c76ba5a5b61c41d3ec4d0e.plist
84b73f115ca3bb709daf4410dc1e7a37.plist

I ordered with the Early Bird price of $665.99. I paid $100 deposit but used $50 of pennies then asked for a Paypal invoice so I could pay it off.
Also arrived today! I?ll set them up and post pics, but really happy with them![emoji846]

Awesome thanks!!
All paid and on its way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camera and filter/effect you're using makes me not even see what's in the background; all I see is them in the forest on Endor. The sunlight beaming through the densely packed foliage......it's beautiful.

Cheers! It's just the portrait mode on the iPhone. It also reduced the wide angle in the pics too.

Nice work, that is some of the best poncho Leia posing I have seen yet. Lots of people seem to not put much effort into getting the poncho draping naturally and have it all billowing out. It always ruins the look of the figure.

Just finished building this glider for Wicket! Fun way to display him.
View attachment 492159
I was just looking at pics last week to possibly try to make one close to the ROTJ version out of real twigs. Having a hard time coming up with an idea for glider material. Seems like really thin peach colored leather would be best but no idea where to source it. Or maybe spray can a cut up plastic bag and add weathering. If anyone has a better suggestion please post.
878668f53b432520e7e9aaf6cedfe747.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I was just looking at pics last week to possibly try to make one close to the ROTJ version out of real twigs. Having a hard time coming up with an idea for glider material. Seems like really thin peach colored leather would be best but no idea where to source it. Or maybe spray can a cut up plastic bag and add weathering. If anyone has a better suggestion please post.

I bought some kangaroo skin off eBay that is super thin (but beware, it can tear easily), but it is pretty fare colored (maybe not as translucent as these wings). Another option would be really thin parchment paper (vellum), which has that veiny/marble effect as seen in the photos.

I bought some kangaroo skin off eBay that is super thin (but beware, it can tear easily), but it is pretty fare colored (maybe not as translucent as these wings). Another option would be really thin parchment paper (vellum), which has that veiny/marble effect as seen in the photos.

Thanks, great ideas! Will probably try some parchment paper first. Might be a bit too stiff, but otherwise seems perfect.

That is a great idea to re-create the glider. I think real twigs (treated with something to build strength and vellum is a great option) I think I would have problem getting Kangaroo skin imported to Canada--CBSA would not allow that I think!

Would a plastic shower curtain in a similar pattern work for this project?

If I had watched ROTJ for the first time as a grown up I would surely want to try and forget all about this glider. But since I was 8 and loved everything about it - I would build one if we get more Ewoks.

Anybody curious to know where they got the leather? A couple of skinned stormtroopers maybe?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back