Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pity HT decided to give Luke a totally different looking base.

That sand base included in the deluxe version. You will have the Endor forest theme base if you buy the Endor Luke version separately.

That sand base included in the deluxe version. You will have the Endor forest theme base if you buy the Endor Luke version separately.

That's the route I went. Got two of the deluxe to have the deleted scene sandstorm Luke and the sail barge look, and then one of the first release to have the throne room look. I'm tempted to pick up a second first release to have the Jabba's palace look as well. They reall milked the hell out of this figure for suckers like me.

:slap

You sure about that? Every review I've seen it has the same sand base.

I would argue the opposite, it's a shame Leia and Wicket came with a much cheaper base than Luke.

The Leia/Wicket ones are cheaper yes, but at least the theme is correct.

The surface of the base is cheaper but I'm quite happy with them once you attach the little clumps of earth and fern.

I just do not like those printed stickers at all. If you want those textured footprint bases to look a bit more realistic you can always get some plant moss that they sell for lizard tanks at the pet store.

As for Hot Toys ROTJ Luke figures I bought two each of both versions they made and eventually picked up enough loose stuff to cobble together two more with all the leftover stuff.

I just do not like those printed stickers at all. If you want those textured footprint bases to look a bit more realistic you can always get some plant moss that they sell for lizard tanks at the pet store.

They certainly could be better. I'm just grateful they stopped using those crappy hexagonal stands that they were using for all of the sequel trilogy figures. They've also lowered the bar with the recent Jawa release so their untextured stickers look better in comparison.

:lol

Oh what could have been...

hot-toys-comic-con-2017-star-wars-figures-11.jpg
etcrnh6wm9b31.jpg

Well i think we all are in agreement that premium figures should come with higher quality bases than what is typically included. The end result of the downward spiral has been those shameful Jawa throwaway things. Unbelievable it ever came to those.

I'm going to my local pet shop and get some amphibian plastic plants and rocks--should be easy to make up a nice base. Granted for what the 2-pack cost Hot Toys should have done a proper job on the environment...

Wicket IMO is an excellent and well-made figure, extremely fun to play with. Leia is just...I don't know, merrrh. I don't own that many female Hot Toys figures, but I believe my Jyn Erso is way much better than this version of Leia though.

Based on what everyone is saying here, I decided to go ahead and preorder the 2 pack from Alter Ego. They only have 1 set left for preorder now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back