Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e788a54ed925b2e503ae9b50b8f43917.plist

Finally got a chance to set mine up. Great set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by the multitude of washed out photos, I see Darth Alias point. However, I have Wicket in hand, and he is a little brown fur ball. Mine has none of that white fur I see in pics. To me, in hand, he looks like he stepped right out of the movie. I can?t believe how much articulation they gave him too.

Just a quick comparison of the V1 Wicket single figure release (first/left) and Wicket/Leia two pack release (second/right). These are direct form the box with zero futzing (plastic booties still intact).

VJHRzng.jpg

As you can see the single figure wicket has darker more weathered facial hair.

Unfortunately for now I can't do any more comparison pics as the single release is a gift for my sister and has now been wrapped up.

I really like the weathered Stormtrooper helmet. It's the Luke/Han Stormtrooper version with heavy weathering.

Momaws pic illustrates what mine looks like. I have the single pack version, on the left.

Hot Toys Wicket is a terrific achievement and a fine example of why Hot Toys has the reputation as the leader in high end 1/6 scale figures. I'm fairly certain no other company could pull off a figure like this.

Photographs simply do not pick up the color of the fur accurately.

Going by the multitude of washed out photos, I see Darth Alias point. However, I have Wicket in hand, and he is a little brown fur ball. Mine has none of that white fur I see in pics. To me, in hand, he looks like he stepped right out of the movie. I can?t believe how much articulation they gave him too.

The fur's lighter underneath though?

I pushed the fur aside and underneath it's cream, and only the surface is brown from dry brushing. I found the camera likes to pick out the light under fur, while ignoring the brown surface.

I had to turn the flash off to see the difference in a photo. There's light patches that either weren't painted, or from where I've moved the fur:

50112468932_ffcd3dc688_o.jpg

And yes, he's a great little figure. Much more substantial than the prototype that eyewitnesses said looked like it was held together with bubblegum and spit, and was actually falling apart!

Oh yeah...duh! Appreciate you reminding me about a scene from a movie I've seen three hundred times lol.

:lol

I tend to forget about them too, as there's so much else going on outside in the forest.

Got my shipping notice yesterday (opted for Leia only). Everyone's amazing pics really have me excited for this, been waiting to display the Endor Twins since the Comicon teaser years ago. It's been a long wait

My Lords, I present Wicket Snow of House Endor, First of his name, King of the Forest, Breaker of Sticks, Beater of Drums.
"Breaker of Sticks" 🤣
An Empire can always be destroyed, as long as there's some sticks nearby.

But my god...it looks like poor little Wicket's head is being squeezed off their body!
Got my shipping notice yesterday (opted for Leia only). Everyone's amazing pics really have me excited for this, been waiting to display the Endor Twins since the Comicon teaser years ago. It's been a long wait
Awesome. I got my Sideshow shipping notification yesterday for Wicket. Received my 2-pack last week, so just waiting to see if they'll be a noticable difference in colour.

Holy crap...I called my LCS to ask a simple question about an unrelated collectible...and ended putting in an order for Wicket & Leia 2 pack...:slap

So wicket is a success. If hot toys were interested in making money and not regurgitating the same old figures and sculpts, they can definitely make a Wampa, new Chewbacca, more Ewoks (a 2 pack would sell).
If they can do a hulk buster, they can do a Wampa. I know the Wampa is a limited market, but a hoth luke Wampa 2 pack would be incredible. Pipe dreams.

2-pack just arrived today, will open and display them next to Endor Luke tomorrow! My OT collection is nearly complete, just need Han, Chewie and C3PO.

Back