Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's wearing an Apple watch! I ordered this set which in turn forced me to order the Endor Luke.....this hobby is expensive

Are the electronics better? I thought that part was identical?

I was talking about the deluxe version that has the remote control, etc. Looking now, I realize that there are actually two coming out - apparently the regular model is the same one just with different "dirty" paint apps, presumably the same electronic features.

I really wish the deluxe had been an option the first time around. The electronics are just kind of random and lame in the 1.0 version. If the deluxe had been available at the higher price point when it came out I would have gone for it - but now not so much since I already have the old one.

I was talking about the deluxe version that has the remote control, etc. Looking now, I realize that there are actually two coming out - apparently the regular model is the same one just with different "dirty" paint apps, presumably the same electronic features.

I really wish the deluxe had been an option the first time around. The electronics are just kind of random and lame in the 1.0 version. If the deluxe had been available at the higher price point when it came out I would have gone for it - but now not so much since I already have the old one.

I feel like you're confusing Sideshow's and Hot Toy's. Hot Toys has only made a The Force Awakens R2, and now the A New Hope Deluxe R2, there is no regular A New Hope R2.

And then Sideshow has their R2 that's had a couple of releases.

Hot Toys are on a roll.

101665695_3106035659473162_7735248241968545792_n.jpg

101554650_3106035756139819_1093392145487757312_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kidulttoyshop/

These are the individual releases, but the set can't be too far behind.

Blogger pics are up on Facebook. Wicket looks good. Not sure if they've changed Leia's sculpt from the Bespin release.

Yeah the production pics are looking pretty decent.

No doubt that's the Sideshow Scout Trooper, but they are teasing him.

101923291_10157249668282344_4282444335301001216_o.jpg
85140614_10157249674927344_5791003094955327488_o.jpg
101118990_10157249659097344_6629358896995631104_o.jpg

Leia has that dead stare... but might be much better in hand.
Wicket looks better than expected giving the only fur face we have seen from HT is Chewie...
I only ordered Wicket. Not because I don?t like this Leia, but not changing the sculpt from the other releases just makes me spend my money and space elsewhere.

Weren't those initially planned for the 4th quarter? Interesting that they managed a early release with a seemingly intricate figure such as Wicket.

Weren't those initially planned for the 4th quarter? Interesting that they managed a early release with a seemingly intricate figure such as Wicket.

This was the one set I did not want to see released early. At ?400+ I needed a big clear window to order.

For what is a redressed Leia figure (albeit, a very welcome one), and an Ewok, I am not sure I can go to ?460 with a payment plan, or ?350 at best outright. Certainly not at the moment :(

I had a feeling Hot Toys would push these out. A nightmare really, given the financial crisis across the globe.

This was the one set I did not want to see released early. At ?400+ I needed a big clear window to order.

For what is a redressed Leia figure (albeit, a very welcome one), and an Ewok, I am not sure I can go to ?460 with a payment plan, or ?350 at best outright. Certainly not at the moment :(

I had a feeling Hot Toys would push these out. A nightmare really, given the financial crisis across the globe.

I hear you. Being already behind schedule with no less than 4 figures invoices that could drop anytime now, this early release will undoubtably make a big dent in the collection budget. With some luck, it will be popular and my set will come from a later batch.

HT has never advertised any SS products in their promotional pics before. That's 100% ROTJ version for both the scout and bike from Hot Toys.

I thought those early pics were taken by selected reviewers. Hot Toys have teased figures when revealing figures in the past. Did they ever do that with new releases?

Back