Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also not many pictures of the helmets. That DST helmet looks so small.

Maybe they were planning on making the DST figure years ago and made the helmet mould too small. So they scrapped the idea. But they could use the mould for this release as a non fitting accessory. Seems strange that they added it.

IMG_9993.jpg

Thankfully Wicket seems to have turned out well. The white areas seems a bit too bright and clean, and the fur needs to be ruffled up a bit more in general, but that should be easy enough to fix.

And yeah, looks like we're stuck with another bland looking Leia sculpt, with another flat paint job. At the very least they could have given her that slightly messier hair she had when she took off the helmet, just to make it a bit different.

Hopefully someone can eventually recommend a seamless body that works well for this look. Those joints and unpainted plastic arms are absolutely hideous with that costume.

This was exactly my next question. Great minds....:lol

I'd also be interested to know which Phicen body (I assume) would best fit. Also with an appropriate chest size :)

Hopefully someone can eventually recommend a seamless body that works well for this look. Those joints and unpainted plastic arms are absolutely hideous with that costume.

I'm not usually too bothered by joints, but yeah these ones are especially ugly. Those seamless Xing bodies should work fine for this though. I've bought a few already and the quality is pretty good.

Phicens are all a bit too curvy and the arms would be too thick for a Leia figure I think.

And yeah, looks like we're stuck with another bland looking Leia sculpt, with another flat paint job. At the very least they could have given her that slightly messier hair she had when she took off the helmet, just to make it a bit different.

Yep given the 2 pack pricing on this $420 !! (I really had to think if I wanted to get both) you would have thought they could have added a new sculpt, or something. I mean it's pretty basic when you look at it.

Semi-seamless would be good enough.

A Pop Toys Xing would probably be small enough for Leia.

20190807_154709_057__25144.1588139475.jpg

EDIT:

I'm not usually too bothered by joints, but yeah these ones are especially ugly. Those seamless Xing bodies should work fine for this though. I've bought a few already and the quality is pretty good.

Phicens are all a bit too curvy and the arms would be too thick for a Leia figure I think.

Just noticed you already posted that recommendation.

Semi-seamless would be good enough.

A Pop Toys Xing would probably be small enough for Leia.

20190807_154709_057__25144.1588139475.jpg

EDIT:

Just noticed you already posted that recommendation.

Thanks guys! What do you think, the more pale body with the smallest size bust?

Thanks guys! What do you think, the more pale body with the smallest size bust?

I'd go for the small bust, and probably the tanned colour based on the Hoth and Bespin Leia sculpts being more tanned than the pale Xing.

Best to wait to see the Endor sculpt in hand though as it looks paler in the blogger photos.

I'd go for the small bust, and probably the tanned colour based on the Hoth and Bespin Leia sculpts being more tanned than the pale Xing.

Best to wait to see the Endor sculpt in hand though as it looks paler in the blogger photos.

Yup I've both both colors before, and the pale is super pale, almost albino. The tan version would be much closer to the HT paint color.

Just a warning though that you can only really bend the arms about 90 degrees max on these. Any further and you risk damaging the rubber.

Eh, I'll stick with the poncho or poses that attempt to hide the joints over the hassle of swapping bodies and dealing with rubber arms that will potentially deteriorate.

Yup I've both both colors before, and the pale is super pale, almost albino. The tan version would be much closer to the HT paint color.

Just a warning though that you can only really bend the arms about 90 degrees max on these. Any further and you risk damaging the rubber.

Eh, I'll stick with the poncho or poses that attempt to hide the joints over the hassle of swapping bodies and dealing with rubber arms that will potentially deteriorate.

I'm not as averse to exposed joints as some collectors so I'll work with the stock body as well. I was intending to keep the poncho on anyway, and there's no need to fear bending the arms.

Good to remember that Hot Toys has a whole display of Sideshow figures set up at Secret Base, so it?s not exactly like they try to pretend they don?t exist.

As for this set, I was initially underwhelmed but Jenkin Wong did a Facebook unboxing and both looked way, way better than the pics. Think I will still pick it up. Elbow joints don?t bother me in the slightest, and the whiter Wicket fur sections may be too bright/clean but it did look better in the video, plus his headdress covers most of the belly section anyway. I do think it is a little annoying that the Endor Leia and Endor Luke stands do not match.

I will say the Leia sculpt looks somehow even more dead-eyed on this figure than the previous releases. They are really getting a lot of mileage out of it, so I kinda expect to see a Boushh or Ewok Village Leia at some point next as an excuse to use it yet again. I could see the latter as a TF exclusive or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this is an early surprise. The blogger pics are nice, but both look like they took a few hits in production. Nothing earth shattering, but still noticeable.

They are getting a lot of miles with that portrait...at least it's a good one. Those arm joints don't bug me since she'll end up displayed with the poncho on.
It is unfortunate that the poncho doesn't match the recent Luke one. Everything else about her looks great.

Ah, Wicket.

The copyright printing on the soles of his feet is really tacky. The fur suit and face look well-rendered, if not a little too neat and lacking in variation- just two solid colors, brown and off-white. We'll see what some futzing can do.

My big fear with this big wave of figures is those of us awaiting arrival from secondary vendors like BBTS are going to see everything arrive at once instead of spread out a bit like most folks will see them. Ah well, first world problems, eh?

Looking forward to more reviews soon...

My big fear with this big wave of figures is those of us awaiting arrival from secondary vendors like BBTS are going to see everything arrive at once instead of spread out a bit like most folks will see them.

My concern as well. I don't want to suddenly have to drop 1K on figures at once.

Back