Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next up! When Jar Jar is announced, Recreate the iconic scene from TPM , when he steps in PooDoo!!!!

I doubt I would waste time recreating either of these scenes....

Jabbas throne room, yeah... DS chamber? Sure, Vaders meditation room ? Hell yeah!

Wickets log?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm not saying it's necessarily an iconic scene that needs to be recreated but it is something familiar from the movie and basically the introduction of Ewoks like them or not. And it's an easy diorama option that is way more interesting than having Leia and Wicket next to each other standing upright at attention on their respective plastic stands.

Also if you are going to have a Jar Jar figure, may as will be stepping in the most realistic Bantha poodoo you can find:lecture

One set and one extra Leia to display in her General uniform with Black Jedi Luke.

I also ordered the 2-pack and an extra Leia. I don't know how I'm going to display all this. I already have 29 Star Wars Hot Toys figures, plus another 5 on the way (not including Leia and Wicket). I've joked around with my spouse that I need to rent a small apartment to properly display all my toys.

One set and one extra Leia to display in her General uniform with Black Jedi Luke.

View attachment 464522

I swear the only reason they gave her those articulated arms was to do that pose and not have it be squeezed silicone. But I just looked at the ANH Leia and she's got the same elbows underneath, so perhaps they're just reusing the body and didn't want to spend any time on the body. Weird to give Leia double jointed elbows when so many male figures just have the single joint and they could use a double.

I'm not too bothered either way, I'd prefer not to have seamless arms just for the sake of worrying about damage.

Yeah even if you're not the biggest Ewok fan, this is probably the most fun and unique set we've ever gotten from HT and seems like something that would be really cool to have in your SW collection.

Wicket 2.0 and Cindel two-pack next? :lol :monkey3

How about a Cindel 2.0? Wicket Warrick is'nt the only one to get older: images.jpeg

Just PO?d through PopCultcha. Used some pennies and got the early bird discount too. Little easier to justify! Now the 12+ month wait!
The single price for Leia has hit the AU$400 mark, so I?ll be reducing purchases to only one or two Star Wars figures a year unless there?s something really special from SW or another franchise (Asmus Gollum, or something).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just PO?d through PopCultcha. Used some pennies and got the early bird discount too. Little easier to justify! Now the 12+ month wait!
The single price for Leia has hit the AU$400 mark, so I?ll be reducing purchases to only one or two Star Wars figures a year unless there?s something really special from SW or another franchise (Asmus Gollum, or something).

Prices have gotten beyond a joke here.

Yeah, just saw that! Are you going for the two pack? Exchange rate is really killing it for us aussies. I just had the joy of paying another 100 dollars ontop of the balance for Theoden. Like you say 400 is about the going rate of a basic release figure. Oh well, we don't have to buy them, do we?

Yeah, just saw that! Are you going for the two pack? Exchange rate is really killing it for us aussies. I just had the joy of paying another 100 dollars ontop of the balance for Theoden. Like you say 400 is about the going rate of a basic release figure. Oh well, we don't have to buy them, do we?

Yep. Did the 2 pack. It?s such a unique release and it fills the ROTJ shelf of my collection a bit more. The exchange rate is murder, and I?m winding down. After Gamora comes out, I can close the book on Marvel. That shelf is done (although, tempted by Nebula and Mantis, there is physically no room).
My remaining SW grails are Bespin Han and Lando (paying off the Bespin Leia), Boushh Leia, Skiff Guard Lando (we were soooo close!), Endor Han and Slave Leia (yeah right!).

Two pack is $666. Irony much?:lol

Are you 100% confident Popcultcha will be around in a year when this ships? It always worries me pre-paying so much and then sitting tight for 12+ months (PC always seems to ship at least a month later than the ETA, I can't recall anything ever shipping earlier - Leia Besp still says Aug 2019 and I don't think that's shipping in the next week.)

Prices have gotten beyond a joke here.

Sorry to say but welcome to the real world. The AUD vs EUR round 15-20 years ago was stable around 1,6-1,7 for years and years. Flat line almost. The last 10 years or so have been way below that, to the AUD advantage.

Now as you can see we are in that same range again.

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 16.51.56.jpg

Two pack is $666. Irony much?:lol

Are you 100% confident Popcultcha will be around in a year when this ships? It always worries me pre-paying so much and then sitting tight for 12+ months (PC always seems to ship at least a month later than the ETA, I can't recall anything ever shipping earlier - Leia Besp still says Aug 2019 and I don't think that's shipping in the next week.)

They?re a bricks and mortar store that?s been around for about 20 years, so I?m pretty confident.
The only thing that could bring them down is if the arse falls out of the Funko Pop market! (Half joking).[emoji38]
They usually update via email if a pre-order is delayed. I haven?t had one for the Bespin Leia yet. Maybe they?re just too busy unpacking Funko Pops. (Half joking)
Anyway, they?ve been my main supply of figures for nearly 10 years now. Very happy with them.

Back