Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For others putting Wicket's "drum helmet" to better use, here's how it looks on the ANH-style Death star trooper (sorry for blurry and massive pics.) The first one I did is ESB style and I'll be making a final ROTJ style one to go with Wicket and Leia.

The helmet weathering actually doesn't jump out too much - from early pics I thought it might have been too "forest floor" grimy to work on a fairly clean DST fig, but it's really not too noticeable.

There are quite distinct DST differences between all three films (tunic style/length, type of boots, type of blaster, type of gloves, belt details, way the helmet attaches and is worn, shoulder emblems vs no emblems etc,) so I decided to make three... yeah, I know.:lol

0JcmV3H.jpg

HcR8qxM.jpg

Sorry, had a crossed wire there - yeah, both look better to me with the hair.:lol

To me Leia w/ helmet creates a contrast next to the cheeks that shows how thin the face is, vs the hairpiece seems to make the whole head (and therefore face) more rounded and improve the likeness.

And Jedibear yeah its weird that the helmet scratches the face/head - bad form on such an expensive release. You're paying for two looks but aren't really getting it.

I still think it's weird that HT made the Luke and Leia helmets so different in size as they aren't that way in the movie, but as davejames said, HT tends to undersize female heads a little so I guess the Luke sized helmet would have looked off.

Fantastic DST customs Tali! Always liked the ANH style better. What did you use for your ANH tunic?

Fantastic DST customs Tali! Always liked the ANH style better. What did you use for your ANH tunic?

Thanks echo - it's a modified HT Dooku tunic. It has the correct squared flap at the top left - the DSTs in ANH didn't have the flap that connects up over the shoulder like they did in ESB (in ESB they are basically black versions of the regular Imperial officer tunic.)

And yeah the ANH style DSTs have a bit more menace - they were more foregrounded as bad guys (and you actually see their smirking/mean faces at times) than background like they are in ESB, more just guards/extras. In ROTJ they do more fighting on Endor but they aren't really featured close up very much.

Thanks echo - it's a modified HT Dooku tunic. It has the correct squared flap at the top left - the DSTs in ANH didn't have the flap that connects up over the shoulder like they did in ESB (in ESB they are basically black versions of the regular Imperial officer tunic.)

And yeah the ANH style DSTs have a bit more menace - they were more foregrounded as bad guys (and you actually see their smirking/mean faces at times) than background like they are in ESB, more just guards/extras. In ROTJ they do more fighting on Endor but they aren't really featured close up very much.

Thanks for the incite Tali. I never realized the subtle differences in the tunics from 3 movies. Now you make me want to track down a Dooku tunic to use instead of the one I currently have. :panic:

Great work on these troops as usual! I have been hoping to just pay money and have these appear at my door but it might be time to get off my duff and make it happen myself now that we have HT helmets available. Here are a couple links to the history of the DST and Kenner.

https://thefwoosh.com/2016/03/no-respect-death-squad-commander/

https://www.rebelscum.com/Kenner-F-DeathSquad.asp

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Indeed, the troop work is really good!

Been taking a closer look at Leia.....a shot in the studio:

IMG_20200912_093941.jpg

It is a good figure. Yes the exposed joints are a little unsightly, but more poses with less risk to the figure are possible with them.

The utility belt is pretty fragile, so extra care is needed threading it through the poncho. The stands are nice, but I wish HT would refrain from permanently attaching the cards to them It would be nice to have the opportunity to display the figure on a plain base. And while the terrain cards look good, they are very slippery for the figure to stand on so a little extra attention is required to make sure it's a stable, balanced pose. I like the little corner accents too. it makes for a great variety on display.

Hope to get her outside for some shots over the weekend if weather and time permit. Hope to see more shots from others in here as well....feel like I've been showing up too the party in here after the initial rush for the figure is over and folks have moved on to the next...

Last edited:
....and now I'm back talking to myself in here...lol.

Got them outside today...

HT ENDOR LEIA-014.jpg

...and Wicket looks great in natural light.

WICKET EWOK 005.jpg

It's a great set. And yes, that stormtrooper helmet with the finished inside is a real treat...looks really cool!

Very glad I could pick this set up.

My last flex payment for this set was scheduled for October 5th, but I decided to pay it early. So hopefully I’ll get this next week. Looking forward to it.

Thanks! Yes, the lighting was really favorable for these shots....

MEETING A NEW FRIEND-sm.jpg

A lot of figures don't look great in broad daylight, but Leia is really quite lovely in this light. Wicket looks pretty cool too.

Some more daylight shots of Leia....

HT ENDOR LEIA-020.jpg

Surprised there is not more activity with this one...it's really a great figure.
I think so anyway...

HT ENDOR LEIA-021.jpg

It is a great figure (and set), and your photos do her/them justice, jedibear. I have my Leia posed sans poncho, but I haven’t taken pics of her yet.

Back