Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry but im very busy lately..anyway u can click this link for some of dastan pictures..scroll down a bit..credit to original uploader..

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1462544/+2013
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1462544/+2026

Yeah, not sure why the photographer chose to let the head rest that way when taking the photo--I don't think it really sits like that on the neck unless you let it.

Unless every one of the photographers so far who have the figure are negligent, I'm beginning to think the neck really is crazy long.

Btw, thanks for the photos.

After seeing more and more photos of the final release, I have to agree with you and retract what I said earlier. Looks like Dastan is suffering from giraffe neck. :p

Thanks for the follow up.

The neck is quite long the scarf and robe kinda hide it but I think the sculpt is lacking as well.

Yeah, I completely agree with all that.

Oh well, that's one less figure to worry about. But that's not to take away from those who have like him. There's always gonna be stuff that some folks see as an issue and others do not.

ok guyz finally got some time unbox my dastan. Overall is ok. Details on the outfit, swords very top notch. Likeness 80% for me but at some angles it does look like Jack G and some points doesnt look like Jack G at all. and he got super long neck. The cover box also looks very cheap material used by HT. Cutting cost perhaps.

first i remove his neck peg so that he doesnt look like a giraffe. If HT can giv us neck peg shorter than this i think can solve the long neck looks.

Sorry for the crappy pictures below. Enjoy and judge ur self. :hi5:

great photos, though I'm not sure if a shorter neck peg/connector is the answer - I think a shorter neck in general is probably needed...
Though, having looked at Jake in the film, he's often seen at angles where his neck just looks...well...long.
This photo below, which i'm assuming is w/o the neck connector in the head, shows what I'd consider a good length of neck.
I'll probably try to hollow out the head sculpt and replace the ball socket a bit deeper into the head when I get mine in the next couple of weeks.

I'm just glad we finally have a cool-looking Prince of Persia figure based on one of my favorite video game character designs (below).

img5165y.jpg

wallpaper_prince_of_persia_warrior_within_10_16001.jpg

I think I'm gonna consider giving mine the tattoos, real rooted hair, and some different, more exotic swords to look more like the game version of the character...

Thanks for the pics. The face looks like Keanu Reeves IMO but everything else looks top notch. I loved the character / film so knowing how he turned out. would you drop $180 again?

Thanks for the pics. The face looks like Keanu Reeves IMO but everything else looks top notch. I loved the character / film so knowing how he turned out. would you drop $180 again?

my LCS has him for $150 so I think it's a pretty good price, though they have Predator's Royce for only $135 which I think it should be the other way around :lol but still cheaper than buying it straight from sideshow or BBTS

great photos, though I'm not sure if a shorter neck peg/connector is the answer - I think a shorter neck in general is probably needed...
Though, having looked at Jake in the film, he's often seen at angles where his neck just looks...well...long.
This photo below, which i'm assuming is w/o the neck connector in the head, shows what I'd consider a good length of neck.
I'll probably try to hollow out the head sculpt and replace the ball socket a bit deeper into the head when I get mine in the next couple of weeks.

I'm just glad we finally have a cool-looking Prince of Persia figure based on one of my favorite video game character designs (below).

img5165y.jpg

wallpaper_prince_of_persia_warrior_within_10_16001.jpg

I think I'm gonna consider giving mine the tattoos, real rooted hair, and some different, more exotic swords to look more like the game version of the character...
yup that picture i posted is without the neck conenctor. Put the socket deeper seems like a good idea. Cant wait how u modify his face later. Dont forget to update here when is done:hi5:

I broke down and ordered from Toys2 and he arrived today. The neck is a bit too long but seriously the pics don't do the figure justice. It isn't HT best but it is much better than anticipated. I did the same thing with Perseus, I liked the movie and ordered without many pics and felt eh about the purchase. I am excited about Dastan. :clap

Congrats, Patrick! I'm most likely going to buy him too but I think I'll wait until Alter Ego gets him in.

Post some pics if you can.

Thanks. I would definitely buy again even though some aspects are a pain in the a$$

1. Removing the necklace, the tape stuck to it broke. Be careful removing the tape.

2. The "warrior" vest and belt is tricky because they are tied with tine strings which come untied really easily..ugh.

Otherwise, I have him posed with white shirt and jacket and he looks awesome!

Thanks. I would definitely buy again even though some aspects are a pain in the a$$

1. Removing the necklace, the tape stuck to it broke. Be careful removing the tape.

2. The "warrior" vest and belt is tricky because they are tied with tine strings which come untied really easily..ugh.

Otherwise, I have him posed with white shirt and jacket and he looks awesome!
congratz bro..gladly u bought it also..spam pictures plzzz:clap

Back