1/6 Hot Toys Predators - Maintenance?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhh then I might be in trouble :D

is this your predator ?

a-sexy-female-predator-alien-costume.jpg

Hey guys,

this is not so much a maintenance question as far as what would happen question. Does anyone think it would hurt the rubber dreads if I colored in the bead sections with one of those metallic gold sharpie markers? I ask because mine has faded like a lot of peoples and the dreads don't look as detailed anymore. But I figured that those sharpies might do the trick without having to use actual paint. I just don't want to destroy the rubber in case the sharpie ink might have an adverse effect. Let me know if anybody has thought of this before or has done something like this, thanks! lol

Hey guys,

this is not so much a maintenance question as far as what would happen question. Does anyone think it would hurt the rubber dreads if I colored in the bead sections with one of those metallic gold sharpie markers? I ask because mine has faded like a lot of peoples and the dreads don't look as detailed anymore. But I figured that those sharpies might do the trick without having to use actual paint. I just don't want to destroy the rubber in case the sharpie ink might have an adverse effect. Let me know if anybody has thought of this before or has done something like this, thanks! lol

Totally get your concern. I remember a few members actually doing exactly this, to great satisfaction. Think I saw it in the dedicated HT Classic predator thread (although beware - it's a jungle).

If you are into any of the sealing products discussed earlier in this thread, I'd apply the seal, and THEN apply color to the beads.

Do let us know what you chose to do, and any results, if you did go ahead.

Totally get your concern. I remember a few members actually doing exactly this, to great satisfaction. Think I saw it in the dedicated HT Classic predator thread (although beware - it's a jungle).

If you are into any of the sealing products discussed earlier in this thread, I'd apply the seal, and THEN apply color to the beads.

Do let us know what you chose to do, and any results, if you did go ahead.

I will! I am going to evaluate the fading again and the material and then make a judgement call

Hey guys,

sharpies have alcohol and alcohol and rubber dont mix well. alcohol tends to dry stuff.

Back