Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

VALVOLINER, thanks for linking to those pics! Looks like the laser on this prototype may be held on with tack; that would explain why its sitting so low instead of raised up on a little plastic arm like it ought to be. That head sculpt and paint application is superb; I sure hope they can translate that into the production pieces.

Anyone care to take a guess as to what parts, if any, are recycled from the original Predator release? I think maybe the feet are, and possible the belt buckle, crotchplate and fabric around the waste.

Your welcome Spanbauer :wink1:

I think the clothing from the crotch, has the same pattern, but the material looks different to me :dunno

And about the belt buckle, not sure.. maybe the waist is wider than the old P1, so then, it should have resculpted again somehow..
Feet look the same, but the pegs are different and smaller, so again should had been redone
IMO the whole armor, basically has been redone ( HT also redone the Elder pred armor for the old P1 )

and BTW...The unmasked headsculpt, has a greater resemblance to P1, than the old P1 was.... same for the undameged mask shape :rotfl

Last edited:

RIDDICK is right there actually it does kinda look like Wolf without the scarring.

I think its an excellent sculpt though not exactly like P1. I'm mainly looking for a great 1/6 masked P1 though. I mean since you can't display a maskless P1 accurately anyway what with the non-removeable backpack.

RIDDICK is right there actually it does kinda look like Wolf without the scarring.

I think its an excellent sculpt though not exactly like P1. I'm mainly looking for a great 1/6 masked P1 though. I mean since you can't display a maskless P1 accurately anyway what with the non-removeable backpack.
And since Hot Toys is too lazy to get anything accurate in their Predator/Alien lines.

Still a great looking figure.

and BTW...The unmasked headsculpt, has a greater resemblance to P1, than the old P1 was.... same for the undameged mask shape :rotfl
I agree. But then this is a hand-made prototype and the production piece could end up looking not very much like either classic or the original predator. In hindsight though, most if not all of the problems with the original predator release were present in its prototype, so its not like they nailed it in the prototype but botched it in the production figure. This new Classic Predator is looking much more promising from the get-go.

Classic may stand eye to eye to Berserker.... As Falconer with Shadow below:
3Uej1.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6SdkeUTkM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6SdkeUTkM[/ame]

Wasn't one of the criticisms of the "Super" Preds that they were really the relative height of what P1 was supposed to be, next to a figure like Dutch? If so, this seems like good news.

Oh I was talking about the original HT P1 with that comment.

The original p1 from hot toys has a removable backpack. Has the little medi station in there. Or is that not what you're talking about?

The original p1 from hot toys has a removable backpack. Has the little medi station in there. Or is that not what you're talking about?

Just the med kit is removable. The entire plasma caster assembly is not removable like in the movie.

You can take out the medkit but you cannot remove the whole backpack and shoulder cannon apparatus like in the final hand-to-hand confrontation in the film.

You can take out the medkit but you cannot remove the whole backpack and shoulder cannon apparatus like in the final hand-to-hand confrontation in the film.

Ah, get ya. Yeah, that would be nice. Cant imagine it'd be too hard to do. Is it not a seperate piece then like the rest of the armour? Is it part of the chest sculpt? I assumed you could remove it if you really wanted to? Guess not

I'll be curious to see if its possible on this new figure. Sure hope so!

I wouldn't mind if they did away with the light up helmet in favor of a light-up computer gauntlet. A little light to illuminate those holograms would be awesome. The wires on the helmets were always so fragile that if they weren't broken right out of the box they'd be likely to break within a year.

Ah, get ya. Yeah, that would be nice. Cant imagine it'd be too hard to do. Is it not a seperate piece then like the rest of the armour? Is it part of the chest sculpt? I assumed you could remove it if you really wanted to? Guess not
Nope, it was sculpted right into the body armor on the original Predator release.

I'll be curious to see if its possible on this new figure. Sure hope so!

I wouldn't mind if they did away with the light up helmet in favor of a light-up computer gauntlet. A little light to illuminate those holograms would be awesome. The wires on the helmets were always so fragile that if they weren't broken right out of the box they'd be likely to break within a year.

Light up wrist computers are scheduled to be the next improvement on Predator figures when Predator 4 comes out - to make us call for and buy remakes of all previous figures. And by then that will include remakes of remakes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back