Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

Head, trophy skulls and spine, necklace from the first one, plus a TD or baloo mask, and that's about all you'd need to bash it. Of course, you'd have to find someone to paint-up the head for ya.

And dont forget the little pouch thing on his belt.

You guys are probably right. Still despite it's flaws I still like the original HT P1 and I really regret not getting him. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky.
Depending on how this Classic Predator turns out, I'm sure I won't be the only one selling my original Hot Toys Predator.

why does everybody assume this will work? the sculpts and proportions are totally different.

and you forgot the shoulder cannon and platform.

HT P1 is off on just about every detail and really I just wish they would remake it like this new classic which is a much better accurate figure than the P1. They really did a great job on this new one and even did all the detail to nail the Predators classic. Thank God it looks very Kevin like and I'll get it thinking Predator even though the detail is classic. The backpack on all the armor on HT P1 is more P2 like with a rough look to it. It would be great if HT just said in a year or two OK lets just remake our P1. To get a great accurate P1 though HT will need to redo the backpack, hands, feet and most all of the armor. Will they do it is the big Q?

I dont think HTs will remake the P1. Not any time soon anyway.
The classic seems to be a great base figure for getting an accurate 1/6 scale P1. The proportions are much better than the actual P1 pred from HTs.

HT P1 is off on just about every detail and really I just wish they would remake it like this new classic which is a much better accurate figure than the P1. They really did a great job on this new one and even did all the detail to nail the Predators classic. Thank God it looks very Kevin like and I'll get it thinking Predator even though the detail is classic. The backpack on all the armor on HT P1 is more P2 like with a rough look to it. It would be great if HT just said in a year or two OK lets just remake our P1. To get a great accurate P1 though HT will need to redo the backpack, hands, feet and most all of the armor. Will they do it is the big Q?

You should make a 1/6 scale P1 and sell it to me, Tankman!:exactly::lol
But seriously, it would be a dream come true if you made a 1/6 P1 with HTs quality paint app. Your sculpt on the 1/4 P1 is spot on accurate. Im absolutely blown away how accurate even the minute details are.:clap

I dont think HTs will remake the P1. Not any time soon anyway.
and i think (or hope, or believe :)) that "classic" and "shadow" made at the same time are preparations/tests for P1 and P2 to be made.

why does everybody assume this will work? the sculpts and proportions are totally different.

I can't see any problem with all the missing accesories because the proportions would be basically the same: necklace, trophy skull, spinal, pouch, bicep armor piece, hose... all of them can be swapped YES or YES dude.

The only problem would be the HS and mask.. but, like I said before I would never use the original P1 mask (that would be a BIG step back for the P1{--}classic conversion Master Plan :lol).. Ill use Tyler's mask instead.. and I bet you that will work :)

Are you kidding?? :rotfl

and i think (or hope, or believe :)) that "classic" and "shadow" made at the same time are preparations/tests for P1 and P2 to be made.

I would bet for a possible P2 remake or DX soon... But not for a P1 remake or DX version man :lecture

IF not.. I have another possible Shadow predator {--} old P2 conversion Master plan ;)

Last edited:

You should make a 1/6 scale P1 and sell it to me, Tankman!:exactly::lol
But seriously, it would be a dream come true if you made a 1/6 P1 with HTs quality paint app. Your sculpt on the 1/4 P1 is spot on accurate. Im absolutely blown away how accurate even the minute details are.:clap

Thanks a lot and it would be cool if mine was made high end 1/6th or 19inches but as a fan myself I'd like to get other artist takes on these guys and like many I want to see HT do their best effort on Predator and Alien stuff. I see stuff like Batman, Captain America and such and think Wow. Some of their new stuff is freaking great but Alien and Predator got the shaft in the past but these new ones are getting better and better. The new Classic is very accurate so I know they can get close with a new P1. Kind of sad P1 and P2 didn't get the new style and I would think the first two movies are way more popular than the latest stuff. Heck I thought Predators was a huge let down but I can't help wanting cool figures of the Predators because they do look way cool. These new Predators figures to me are way better than the old HT Predator figures. The old ones look like nice toys why the new ones look like pieces of art and very realistic. I want a great P2, P1 and the lost clan. Why their at it bring on an all new Wolf. While HT is at maybe do some concept Predator stuff. More Predators = more cool figures.

Thanks a lot and it would be cool if mine was made high end 1/6th or 19inches but as a fan myself I'd like to get other artist takes on these guys and like many I want to see HT do their best effort on Predator and Alien stuff. I see stuff like Batman, Captain America and such and think Wow. Some of their new stuff is freaking great but Alien and Predator got the shaft in the past but these new ones are getting better and better. The new Classic is very accurate so I know they can get close with a new P1. Kind of sad P1 and P2 didn't get the new style and I would think the first two movies are way more popular than the latest stuff. Heck I thought Predators was a huge let down but I can't help wanting cool figures of the Predators because they do look way cool. These new Predators figures to me are way better than the old HT Predator figures. The old ones look like nice toys why the new ones look like pieces of art and very realistic. I want a great P2, P1 and the lost clan. Why their at it bring on an all new Wolf. While HT is at maybe do some concept Predator stuff. More Predators = more cool figures.

An all new wolf would be freakin awesome! And while I'm quoting you I wanted to tell you I agree about the 19" predator. I own one and it's one of my favorite figures in my collection.

The movie Classic version was supposed to be the same type of predator seen in the original - the fatness was unintentional, but that goes along with trying to remake something...

Plus, they didn't think anyone could see the difference, as the character never sticks around long enough to see the obvious ones...

The armour is "supposed" to be the same...

Aside from the obvious broken Helmet, and missing bicep armour and different shoulder cannon, you'll notice that the shape of the bio helmet is P1, the tiny details on the armour are p1 (though some details are wrong for p1 as well as classic), the length of the dreds are p1, the body shape is p1, there's a lack of trophies to look like classic...

guys, this is obviously made to the standards of p1 so that they can rerelease p1 in better form.
I come from not only a collector standpoint, but from a toy manufacturing standpoint. That's the most logical way to approach a rerelease of the p1...

They've done it numerous times with Batman, Jack Sparrow, and Joker, in order to come out with a more faithful product...it makes perfect sense.

I have the original HT P1, and while I love it, I know there are improvements that they've made since - the top half of the snout on the og p1 is too long - it should be as short as the new p2 face's...

They said it themselves, that they like to revisit characters when they've made vast improvements...

Now if they still have the p1 license would be the only issue and whether or not they're still willing to renew if they'd already let it run out...

I'm still keep ing my p1 for now in case they don't follow through, but HT is well aware of the demand for p1 -- don't think they aren't...

They are also aware of the demand of Elder p2

The movie Classic version was supposed to be the same type of predator seen in the original - the fatness was unintentional, but that goes along with trying to remake something...

Plus, they didn't think anyone could see the difference, as the character never sticks around long enough to see the obvious ones...

They. Are. Not. The. Same.:banghead

As much as they are very, very simlilar (the differences are easy to spot too) they are completely different characters. P1.:rock

The armour is "supposed" to be the same...

Aside from the obvious broken Helmet, and missing bicep armour and different shoulder cannon, you'll notice that the shape of the bio helmet is P1, the tiny details on the armour are p1 (though some details are wrong for p1 as well as classic), the length of the dreds are p1, the body shape is p1, there's a lack of trophies to look like classic...

guys, this is obviously made to the standards of p1 so that they can rerelease p1 in better form.
I come from not only a collector standpoint, but from a toy manufacturing standpoint. That's the most logical way to approach a rerelease of the p1...

They've done it numerous times with Batman, Jack Sparrow, and Joker, in order to come out with a more faithful product...it makes perfect sense.

I have the original HT P1, and while I love it, I know there are improvements that they've made since - the top half of the snout on the og p1 is too long - it should be as short as the new p2 face's...

They said it themselves, that they like to revisit characters when they've made vast improvements...

Now if they still have the p1 license would be the only issue and whether or not they're still willing to renew if they'd already let it run out...

I'm still keep ing my p1 for now in case they don't follow through, but HT is well aware of the demand for p1 -- don't think they aren't...

They are also aware of the demand of Elder p2

Really I think what HT should do is use the original P1 for reference and not the new Classic. I can tell you when you see the behind the scene suit pics from Predators you see the sculpting on classic was thrown together very fast. Parts of it are crude like the hands and feet but it ended up looking fine in the movie. I remember looking at the pics and thinking oh man kind of rough. What HT has done here is make it look better than the movie sculpt but a die hard fan that studies the details will see it's classic and not P1. Maybe the body and over look is good enough to pass for P1 but if HT will redo Elder for example the back pack and gun need a redo. I know why they went this way is because Fox gave them really great pics of all the detail like they did us. Trying to figure out detail from movies like P1 and P2 take so much study and work. I think P2 will get an all new sculpt but P1 and not so sure about. I wouldn't be surprised if HT just used this new Classic for P1 and the Elder but that would be a disappointment for me anyway even though I want the new classic figure. They really nailed it big time but they nailed the classic and not P1. Maybe the body looks enough like KPH that it will pass for a lot of fans to be P1 with the skulls and a new left shoulder piece.

Im thinking of selling my P2 Elder... i had a 800 dollars offer but dont know what to do yet.

Cant wait to see more pics of classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back