hot toys predator vs cinemaquette predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is like comparing a 1 million dollar Ferarri Enzo with 50K BMW. No competition....I'll take 1 Ferrari Enzo over 20 BMW :)

As much as i like the Hot Toys predators, there is no comparison. I would gladly trade all the preds i have (i have all except the 2 ancients which i sold) for one CM predator.

This is like comparing a HT Predator to a Mcfarlane Predator. It's not in the same category so it shouldn't even be compared.

i think hot toys got cm beat . i could buy 10 hot toy predators for one cinemaquette predator. I realy think hot toys predator is much much more movie accurate.

you could buy 10 'toys' and all 10 would still not compete with the imposing presence that the CM predator has.

And comparing movie accuracy, there are lots of things wrong with the HT predator as well. most obviously is the proportions.

look at pictures of both hot toys and cinemaquette with mandibles open. the teeth the color inside the gums. red with hot toys and noyhing with cm. the teeth on hot toys looks fantastic. i wish i could post side by side pictures.

It shouldn't be red... it's one of the things I hate about the HT preds, that overuse of red in the mouth looks ridiculous. And honestly, I hate the skinny awkward looking bodies of the HT preds... the Wolf ones are the worst, but they all look weird to me.

It shouldn't be red... it's one of the things I hate about the HT preds, that overuse of red in the mouth looks ridiculous. And honestly, I hate the skinny awkward looking bodies of the HT preds... the Wolf ones are the worst, but they all look weird to me.

i agree, im glad i didnt pre order the new one, he looked great pre production, but now he just looks blah to me, and these are the reasons i only have 4 left, but two sit MIB under my bed until i can at least get what i paid for them :duh

The great thing about Wang's CM predator is it's his idealized creature free from the constraints of fitting an actor/person inside or other ergonomic accommodations.

It's not to be scrutinized as a movie replica I think. I love the expression and character in it's sculpt, the kinetic feeling of his stance. The one feature I miss from Kevin Peter Hall's portrayal is that super lean and tall Masai warrior physique, Wang beefed him up a little.

You can totally see the little pieces of a self portraiture that artist's tend to subconsciously inject in their style in Wang's sculpt as well, with the musculature.

Dude you're so dead on about this. I would have loved the Pred 2 and Elder but the bodies are so skinny. It's to bad really because the figures have really nice detail and great accessories. It bugs me HT Alien and Predator figures are just like oh well who cares about the body likeness. To me it's just as important as the face likeness. I think I still want the Pred one though even if the body looks like a skinny teenage Predator.
Too bad really when it cost 150 bucks. It should be dead on all the way around.

Here is a comparison pic to help people make their mind up.

bigpredlittlepred.jpg

Back