hot toys predator vs cinemaquette predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixxshooter

Super Freak
Reaction score
i think hot toys got cm beat . i could buy 10 hot toy predators for one cinemaquette predator. I realy think hot toys predator is much much more movie accurate.

Hot Toys isn't even in the same world, hemisphere, galaxy, planet, ball park, street as the Cinemaquette. This thread gave me my belly laugh for the day.

look at pictures of both hot toys and cinemaquette with mandibles open. the teeth the color inside the gums. red with hot toys and noyhing with cm. the teeth on hot toys looks fantastic. i wish i could post side by side pictures.

and not for nothing,even though CM is a better quality statue. when i look at both , i think hot toys looks more true to the movie.

Movie accurate...Ssssmmovie accurate..Cinemaquette was an artful representation of what the ideal predator looks like, and in my opinion it looks much nicer and less ugly than the original.

How can one compare hot toys to cinemaquette. Hot toys is a plastic toy (which I cant wait to get by the way) and cinemaquette is like a museum statue. How can anyone compare them? :confused:

Hot Toys isn't even in the same world, hemisphere, galaxy, planet, ball park, street as the Cinemaquette. This thread gave me my belly laugh for the day.
if you're talking about the price, then yes. but, it's not for ht's lack of trying.
otherwise, no, hyperbole is not a substitute for or equal to a point.

back on topic - i'd say the ht figure is closer to the movie, but i also like the steve wang impressionistic approach to the cm.
both are over priced.

if you're talking about the price, then yes. but, it's not for ht's lack of trying.
otherwise, no, hyperbole is not a substitute for or equal to a point.

back on topic - i'd say the ht figure is closer to the movie, but i also like the steve wang impressionistic approach to the cm.
both are over priced.

I agree that hot toys, is a bit overpriced, though it is on my order list. Cinemaquette, for the $2000, is actually an ok price. I must say that pictures do not compare to seeing it in person. The statue when you see it, yes it is worth the $2000.

This stuff cracks me up. HT Predator is nice but it's off in many ways. Am I the only one that can see ALL of the HT Predators bodies look like skinny teenagers? HT dropped the ball on the Predator body. Steve's piece is closer to what is in the movie. The CM figure has to be seen in person and it is one of the most Bad A statues out there if not the best. After seeing the pics online in 07 I thought well if the body was proportioned the right way I might drop 2000 on it but it was off some. I then saw it last summer in person and knew I had to get it.
Thre HT figure has some great things going for it but you put it next to the CM and you won't even bother wanting to look at the HT figure. I like the HT figure but as a big Predator fan I know it's off and could be better.
The thing I will say that is great on HT is the paint. WOW. The inside of the mouth looks to be the only part that's kind of week.
If it's about fan well HT wins there because you can pose and hold the figure.
Looking at both though CM is a WOW type of sculpture. To me it could be better but still it's just so way cool looking. HT is cool too but when did the Predator drop 60 pounds? Way skinny. Nice figure still though.

Back