Hot Toys: Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP-R Discussion Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't want to collect any more Hot Toys. But kinda can't resist when I see these. What is currently considered the best Hot Toys Pred?

It really depends who you ask, but many here like the Classic predator because they can convert him to a P1.

P2 City Hunter is the latest release, but if you can hold out a few more months, Scar Predator is coming up next.

Do you guys think HT is going to do a proper P1? Like they did with their P2.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Classic and turning him into a P1 like many do here, but I'm holding back on the possible thought of a proper P1.

And while we're at it, are the any other small pieces that you can transfer over to make Classics even more original P1 accurate?
head, shoulder cannon mount piece, back medkit, leather stripes on elbows/knees.

newarmor_001.jpg:original

newarmor_002.jpg:original

newarmor_003.jpg:original

newarmor_004.jpg:original

newarmor_005.jpg:original

Does anyone know of anyone who will repaint an Elder predator 2 from Hot toys

Hi all,
Im very new to the forums and am still very Noobie at posting and such.
After seein FiguremasterLes' Elder Predator 2 Modification, I knew that i had to try and find someone who could do just as good a job or even Les himself if he still does it.
Thanks All!

Re: Does anyone know of anyone who will repaint an Elder predator 2 from Hot toys

Hi all,
Im very new to the forums and am still very Noobie at posting and such.
After seein FiguremasterLes' Elder Predator 2 Modification, I knew that i had to try and find someone who could do just as good a job or even Les himself if he still does it.
Thanks All!

what was it that les did to his elder i dont remember

Do you guys think HT is going to do a proper P1? Like they did with their P2.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Classic and turning him into a P1 like many do here, but I'm holding back on the possible thought of a proper P1.

I think its very possible but keep your fingers crossed.

I think with the classic pred being so similar to the p1, releasing a new p1 wouldn't be a high priority.. I bet they will release more AVP then AVPR first then maybe a new p1.. I could be wrong though...no telling.

They really need to take a shot at the Super Predators again, Bigger heads, much longer dreads. Soft rubber boots so atleast you can have minimal ankle articulation ect.

But id settle for 1:4 Accurate berserker. Even if i have to wait for Neca.

I think with the classic pred being so similar to the p1, releasing a new p1 wouldn't be a high priority.. I bet they will release more AVP then AVPR first then maybe a new p1.. I could be wrong though...no telling.

Well if they do do an original predator it will probably be in 1/4 scale.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I don't want to start a new thread. I finished my Bone Armor Pred and had a lot of fun with it so I have been thinking I'd like to try something a bit more complicated than just some kit bashing and a little painting and sculpting.

So I was thinking of perhaps getting the new Scar Pred as a base and doing a winter-themed Pred. I'd want to repaint the whole body for one.

So for anyone who has repainted one of these newer bodies how easy is it to do? How hard is it to pull the body apart, how do you seal it so you don't get any paint rub?

I look forward to seeing it. Make sure to take lots of wip shots!
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I don't want to start a new thread. I finished my Bone Armor Pred and had a lot of fun with it so I have been thinking I'd like to try something a bit more complicated than just some kit bashing and a little painting and sculpting.

So I was thinking of perhaps getting the new Scar Pred as a base and doing a winter-themed Pred. I'd want to repaint the whole body for one.

So for anyone who has repainted one of these newer bodies how easy is it to do? How hard is it to pull the body apart, how do you seal it so you don't get any paint rub?

I know other people have repainted bodies before. The actual painting doesn't worry me. I know I can do that. I just am unsure of disassembling the body and then once re-assembled keeping the paint from rubbing off on the joints.

Just for fun :

2006 Hot Toys Scar Predator body + 2011 Classic Predator head.
Imho it looks pretty damn good.

OJK7486_SCARPA900px.jpg

OJK7490_SCARPA900px.jpg

Back