Hot Toys: Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP-R Discussion Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think there is no place for jaws. or they are uber short and small. and yes what you named about eye/brow section was what bothered me )

Last edited:
Any word if HT will produce She Predator again? Just curious.

You mean Machiko? Not sure. I think the teaser announcement just showed slices from the films; Machiko is from the comics/novels. Who knows though. Anyway, I always wondered why they sculpted a faux-Angelina HS for that fig -- Machiko is supposed to be Japanese. :dunno It was still a cool fig.

You can't compare Machiko to iconic movie Joker.
It's not even apples and oranges, more like one small strawberry and a bunch of coconuts.

Not to mention that their Machiko wasn't even a comic book character figure but Angelina Jolie wannabe dressed like things from AVP movie.

Did Machiko even sell well? Something like Mime Joker, as much as of a waste it is, will sell very well. Since I already have DX08 grandfathered in, I will get DX14.

I have the Machiko and she is an awesome figure. Great concept, awesome accessories, perfect execution, simply stunning. It could be considered the first figure in the "Artist Collection" years before the Samurai Predator. Even though I luv the figure so much I don't see HT ever doing a re-release of it though.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have any good photos of the Predator 2 suit where you can clearly see how all the armor is painted? I have been looking through all the photos on Hunter's Lair and while there's a lot none of them are really good enough lighting or clear enough to tell.

For example I'm pretty sure the greaves are totally verdigris on the costume, but it's hard as hell to tell from photos. Another example, the sort of buckle and collar detail on the chest armor in some photos looks like it's actually silver… but in others it looks instead to be completely verdigris.

The armor on the HT figure is all painted a uniform dark bronze. The changes I am thinking about making based on what photos I can find are…

- the scale maille right shoulder piece painted with more verdigris
- the chest buckle and collar detail silver
- all of the belt and codpiece to look like brown leather
- the attachment point for the disc silver with gold and bronze details
- the belt buckle verdigris
- the loin cloth verdigris
- the knee pads and greaves almost entirely verdigris

I'm also just generally going to repaint the rest of the armor where appropriate to be more metallic bronzy (though still dark) and less glossy brown.

You can't compare Machiko to iconic movie Joker.
It's not even apples and oranges, more like one small strawberry and a bunch of coconuts.

Not to mention that their Machiko wasn't even a comic book character figure but Angelina Jolie wannabe dressed like things from AVP movie.

I am not talking about the Joker they already did, I mean the 2 min costume from the movie mime version. Sure Joker is iconic, but that scene and outfit is not, even for Joker fans(myself included). I would think another female(probably not a Machiko, a whole new female version) would be at least as good a sell as an obscure version of an already done figure.

Back