Hot Toys PREDATOR Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He comes with an extra hand that is designed to fit into it perfectly... well, virtually perfectly.

That's what I wanted to know. Of the two pics I've seen, he hasn't held the disc perfectly. It appears to me that the disc might be a little too small or his hand isn't posed exactly the way it needs to be to hold it accurately.
Thanks for the reply, I'll eventually find out myself when I get mine but for the time being, asking questions is all I can do.

05-2.jpg

Sorry, I think that was one of mine, I hadn't fitted it in the hand correctly!
But when you see how cool the spear is I think the disc may stay in the thigh armour holster.

Sorry, I think that was one of mine, I hadn't fitted it in the hand correctly!
But when you see how cool the spear is I think the disc may stay in the thigh armour holster.

Yeah, Spear it will be then.
The other image was posted by Lotus, he had his holding the disc the exact same way.
I still think the disc might be too small, Also I think the blades are supposed to pop out once it's been pulled from the thigh holster. :confused:

Thanks for the comp shot. Why did they arbitrarily not paint yellow on top of the head I wonder....
Strange. But an easy fix. Great looking figure.

What is the book that Wookster is comparing the head to? This looks like something my reference library needs...PS

It's called 'The Winston Effect', it's the history of the movies Stan Winston has worked on and is stacked with great photo's, if you want spot on ref of Aliens, Endo's or Preds it's all there.
You can pick it up on discount now. Mines the HB 1st ed and was only £9.99 in my local independent book shop.
I think I posted some pics round here somewhere with an Aliens comp as well.

To be fair it does open, but only a couple of mm's.

Ooh that's good to hear! HT really tries not to skip on features. I'll shut up about the Disc now, hope to scrutinize it in person in a few weeks time.

Seeing pictures of the actual mask there makes me wish they included Quills for his face as an optional feature, can anyone think of a good substitute for 1:6 Pred Quills?

Seeing pictures of the actual mask there makes me wish they included Quills for his face as an optional feature, can anyone think of a good substitute for 1:6 Pred Quills?
Yep, the AVP Elder Predator's Quills. Just paint em' black, drill/dremel a few small holes around the face area(Using the unmasked picture of the Pred from P2 as a reference, of course) and super glue them in. Though I'm not sure if the mask will still fit...

Yep, the AVP Elder Predator's Quills. Just paint em' black, drill/dremel a few small holes around the face area(Using the unmasked picture of the Pred from P2 as a reference, of course) and super glue them in. Though I'm not sure if the mask will still fit...

Anyone have some spare AVP Elder Quills they're not using? :monkey3

I'm noticing that, while the head's paint job is pretty intricate, the body is fairly generic. I'm thinking a bit of custom paint work is in order( yes, I know the armor will cover most of it. What's your point?). Anyone else out there as OCD as I am?...PS

Just thought of an alternate method for the quills- stretched sprue. Used it to add 'em to an Argonauts kit; worked pretty well.though I do have to be careful about how I pick the kit up, and painting it has been challenging to say the least!

Last edited:
I'm noticing that, while the head's paint job is pretty intricate, the body is fairly generic. I'm thinking a bit of custom paint work is in order( yes, I know the armor will cover most of it. What's your point?). Anyone else out there as OCD as I am?...PS

Just thought of an alternate method for the quills- stretched sprue. Used it to add 'em to an Argonauts kit; worked pretty well.though I do have to be careful about how I pick the kit up, and painting it has been challenging to say the least!

I thought of melting a sprue a little to stretch, but seems a bit tricky to get right. I also thought of visiting the craft store for the plastic plant section and finding something there.
Getting the mask to fit on a quilled head might not be a priority for me. I'd rather have him maskless, with hopefully with a bit of a repaint.

seriously, that picture is INSANE!!

hey wookster, it looks like he doesn't realy need the stand to.... um... stand. is that true?

I think when you're a collector and you pose them a lot you get a feel for each figures articulation and its individual centre of gravity, but to sum up I had no problems finding positions he could stand in.
But I always think if you're leaving on display, especialy up on a shelf for any period of time it's worth using a stand.

As with all hobby techniques, sprue stretching requires practice. You just have to be sure not to get too close to the candle, and stretch it gently.As you get the feel of the plastic(practice!) you'll learn to control the work. So grab some sprue, light a candle and get cracking!...PS

I really wish my funds hadn't been so low this month. I had to cancel mine. :monkey2

But hopefully in time I can score one on the net somewhere.

I hear you , I had to cancel mine as well, and by the looks of it, I might end up cancelling Elder Pred2, Jango and Pirate Jack...:monkey2
I just hope things get better next year...we'll see!

Back