Hot toys predator 2 price???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In what way is it a tad broken?

Well my cat got onto the shelf unnoticed and pretty much pushed the pred down. The shoulder cannon broke off, but I glued it back. It doesnt move as good anymore, but with a little bit of work, I think you can make it as good as new.

I was thinking about $350, since I bought it for about $400 if you include shipping and all that stuff. But we'll see.

Dont know if its a commen thing, just saw one on a dutch auction site with broken spear a while ago, thats why i said that.

That sucks man that yours got glued stuck, hope you did not spend to much on this one?.

Maybe a tip: (You wil have to look in to this yourself before u use this), Was reading something about ''ZAP Debounder'' dont know if thats very agressive stuff (Dont want your spear to melt) but its used to remove superglue.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that! And no I didn't spend too much on him; I got the figure for right around $135 a few years back. He's by far the most fragile Hot Toys figure I own, as I've had to repair more broken straps and pegs on him than anyone else.

I'm really getting sick of these "how much does it go for" topics. Do you research on a search engine or ebay.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Seems like it's almost always just an excuse for baby birds to rant about the higher secondary market value of HT products. And them shamelessly call the sellers greedy scalpers and flippers for not offering them at cost.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Seems like it's almost always just an excuse for baby birds to rant about the higher secondary market value of HT products. And them shamelessly call the sellers greedy scalpers and flippers for not offering them at cost.
yeah, it's a real shame when those parasites get a bad rap here.

anyway, check out how much just the BD EX empty box goes for... especially when the seller doesn't specify it in the auction title. :rotfl
https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-MMS45...deshow-EX-/190429418748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I should totally sell my BD P2 box. Really, the description is super-short and super-easy to understand. If those guys are dumb enough not to read it on something this expensive (even when it's not even fine print), then it's their fault and their fault only. Looks like a great worry-free way to make 200 squids.

i almost want to feel bad for the jerkoff who has to pay $200 for a stupid box... but i don't. ebay is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and if you want to deal with those people, you MUST read the entire auction description and always assume that you're their main source of income.

Would I get a bad rap for doing exactly what that seller did? Seriously, it said "empty box" in red capitals, plain as day. No fine print, no nothing. It's not being sneaky like those guys who post huge descriptions then merely write that you get a picture. It's entirely dependant on the carelessness of potential bidders. Win-win. Well, not for them :).

Would I get a bad rap for doing exactly what that seller did? Seriously, it said "empty box" in red capitals, plain as day. No fine print, no nothing. It's not being sneaky like those guys who post huge descriptions then merely write that you get a picture. It's entirely dependant on the carelessness of potential bidders. Win-win. Well, not for them :).
true. but i always assume the worst out of ebay sellers, so i'm going with he purposely left out "empty box" in the title and then said it in the auction description to cover his ass. in fact, he's done that with several auctions before, so i'm probably right. dude needs a job.

true. but i always assume the worst out of ebay sellers, so i'm going with he purposely left out "empty box" in the title and then said it in the auction description to cover his ass. in fact, he's done that with several auctions before, so i'm probably right. dude needs a job.

I agree that what he's doing is douchy. But the ____tards who bidding $200 on that thing need to learn how to read. :lol

Not an excuse it's the truth. You get the occasional jerkoff who don't know a gawd dang thing about the item they found at a pawn shop looking to make quick cash (not implying the op is a jerkoff or a pawn shop rat)..... so what do they do? They go into forums and make topics like this not to mention that I like every other sane person have trouble parting with 300-700 dollars for something I missed 2-3 years ago. I still do just not a big fan.

The only thing I can say is I dont get why alot of people base there prices off of ebay?
If they every really notice no one pays those prices. There up all the time for that price and stay up because at one point and time one person paid a large amount for the same figure, everyone now thinks thats what it worth. I do guess If someone really want it that bad then yeah they might give in but it really makes it hard when everyone is basing there prices off of high ass ebay.

At the same time, I really dont care.
Just something I noticed but if its not selling on ebay for that price good luck bringing it to a forum for around the same amout. More power to you

The only thing I can say is I dont get why alot of people base there prices off of ebay? If they every really notice no one pays those prices. There up all the time for that price and stay up because at one point and time one person paid a large amount for the same figure, everyone now thinks thats what it worth. I do guess If someone really want it that bad then yeah they might give in but it really makes it hard when everyone is basing there prices off of high ass ebay.

If you've ever really noticed, people DO pay those prices. That's why they're priced as such. Matter of fact, they've been sold here in these very forums for more than that. So I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's flawed.

Yeah, when people price something based off EBay they use the final price from finished auctions to gauge how much they should be selling their item for.

If you've ever really noticed, people DO pay those prices. That's why they're priced as such. Matter of fact, they've been sold here in these very forums for more than that. So I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's flawed.

ooooh really.
All Im saying is one person want to sell his figure for so much, then everyone else thinks if someone pay that then its set and It keep going up from there.

By the way some of those prices on ebay are way to high and most auctions that start at 0 dont get that close to there set prices

ooooh really.
All Im saying is one person want to sell his figure for so much, then everyone else thinks if someone pay that then its set and It keep going up from there.

By the way some of those prices on ebay are way to high and most auctions that start at 0 dont get that close to there set prices

But at some point someone started the auction at MSRP and it went that high. Then others followed suit, closing at complementing values, which effectively increased the secondary value of the figures. People are willing to pay that much. This is why they are priced what they are. Whether or not you feel they are means only as much to you, but is irrelevant to the overall picture.

I understand that there collectibles and when sold out people can supply and demand what they please.
I get that alot more people get into this hobby simply for the profit and not to be a collector but thats fine Im not saying anything bad about that.

I understand that there collectibles and when sold out people can supply and demand what they please.
I get that alot more people get into this hobby simply for the profit and not to be a collector but thats fine Im not saying anything bad about that.

And there's your irony. It's not extortion. It's the collectors who buy them that are weak and lack even the smallest comprehension of willpower. Don't look to blame the people who get involved to turn a buck. Capitalism's the backbone of this country. Blame the people who fork out those bucks for the products. If people were content enough to deal with the fact that they missed out and just live without them, there wouldn't be ridiculous ebay prices. :huh

And there's your irony. It's not extortion. It's the collectors who buy them that are weak and lack even the smallest comprehension of willpower. Don't look to blame the people who get involved to turn a buck. Capitalism's the backbone of this country. Blame the people who fork out those bucks for the products. If people were content enough to deal with the fact that they missed out and just live without them, there wouldn't be ridiculous ebay prices. :huh

What the hell?

All I said was why base prices off of ebay.
I really dont care but I would think people would sell on here alittle bit less then priceyass ebay. Good for them

On another forum someone asked for a figure and one replyed go to sideshow and not ebay because people will sell for better price. I guess ebay took over that too

Back