Hot Toys Predator 1 figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want the two governors, I think. After that, it's been awhile, there was Carl Weathers and an Indian and a Construction Worker... no, I'm getting them confused with the Village People again.

I am glad that HT worked backwards, they have perfected the aliens since their first set of AVP figs. I cant see the Pred1 figures being anything but PERFECT.

Dutch isn't a simple kit-bash though, I'm sure HT will do him geared towards going with the Predator for the final battle, which means muscular body and likely a new and unique one that matches Arnold's build. Could you kit-bash him, sure, but I'm sure HT's figure will be better than anything you could kit-bash.

that would be the dutch i wanted.......bloodied and beaten in battle. i suppose they could release 2 versions or a version that is in between a pred prefight/fight scene awnuld.

that would be the dutch i wanted.......bloodied and beaten in battle. i suppose they could release 2 versions or a version that is in between a pred prefight/fight scene awnuld.

I don't forsee HT doing a bloodied Dutch, you'll probably have to customize it. I'm guessing, an HT Dutch will be shirtless, muscular body, vest on, machine gun, maybe his bow and arrows with the spear too, that way it's Dutch for about 50% of the film and probably the representation most people would want.

I'll get the Predator for sure. Whether or not I get any of the humans will depend on the likenesses of the sculpts. I sure hope the do better than they did with the Aliens marines.

I'll get the Predator for sure. Whether or not I get any of the humans will depend on the likenesses of the sculpts. I sure hope the do better than they did with the Aliens marines.

Hot Toys does fantastic portraits, when they have the license to do so. Grated, their Hicks/Reese is not as good as some of their current portraits, but it was still decent but most of the other likenesses had to be blurred because of likeness rights. Hot Toys POTC line, Rambo line and Rocky line all feature great likeness sculpts, they do just fine when they have the rights. Thanks to Rocky, Hot Toys already has a great Carl Weathers HS.

Dutch isn't a simple kit-bash though, I'm sure HT will do him geared towards going with the Predator for the final battle, which means muscular body and likely a new and unique one that matches Arnold's build. Could you kit-bash him, sure, but I'm sure HT's figure will be better than anything you could kit-bash.

They've got most of the gear and weapons he and the rest of the team would require already in production, not to mention the muscular bodies. They're one of the leading military figure makers, so if anyone could pull this off, and produce kick-ass commando characters from Dutch's team, it's Hot Toys. The portrait issue is another story, but even if they do like they did with the colonial marines, we'll probably still be able to get what we need with a little repainting and/or head sculpt futzing, like with Hicks and Hudson. No doubt by the time this all comes to pass, either Darren or Les, or somebody else will be in a position to provide whatever is needed.

Sure, Dutch and the others could be kit-bashed. Some people have already done it and turned out some very cool-looking figures, but Hot Toys has the ability to make a complete and consistently high-quality product that will not only save us a lot of time and effort, but may end up being cheaper in the long run than a custom figure would be. In any case, I'm willing to see what they come up with now that they've apparently decided to go for it.

Typical! Just as I'm getting the team together!:rolleyes:
BLAIN008.jpg

Back