Hot Toys: PPS: Iron Man Power Pose Series Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys need to remember they are trying to target different audiences with these Iron Man figures. There are plenty of people out there, especially Japanese collectors, who collect their robots in diecast. There are also plenty of statue only collectors. Yes Hot Toys would love to have people buying more than one, but that isn't the main plan. They really want to be a lot more than just a 1/6 figure company and I'm honestly not sure why since the other companies do those specialties much better than Hot Toys.

They really want to be a lot more than just a 1/6 figure company and I'm honestly not sure why since the other companies do those specialties much better than Hot Toys.

I guess that's the part that's weird... it seems like a crowded market. But I guess leveraging their reputation and name and going for busts and statues isn't the worst idea. It could be that they don't think relying solely on figures is a good idea as prices go up for manufacturing. Maybe statues and busts, with their high price points and lack of articulation seem more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back