Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure for some, between size and price, this piece is hard to pull the trigger on without the Queen to combat.

I have to say the PL is STILL one of my favouirite pieces, I have it in my dining room, and of all the figs scattered around my house the PL along with ED209 bring the most compliments. Partly it's just their imposing scale, but especially with the PL, when people stop and scrutinse it they're always amazed at the detail.
It is a modern work of art as far as pop culture is concerned.

I'm like slimeyslug , even though I'm a massive aliens fan I just can't bring myself to purchase this. Don't know why ???

I know how you feel...

I have the Powerloader and I love it, but it just doesn't catch my eye like the Aliens and Predators do. I don't know how to explain it...it's an awesome piece with amazing detail...but it's "just there". And in a lot of collections that are behind glass cases, there's not much space sometimes to pose it, so it is much like a statue. And with all its pieces and moveable parts, it can be even more delicate than some of the other Hot Toys figures.

I don't plan to ever sell it, but I have quite a few other pieces in my collection I prefer over it.

I know though that if Hot Toys does an Alien Queen that she will massively overshadow a lot of my collection. Mostly because I saw her as the "star" of ALIENS.

I know though that if Hot Toys does an Alien Queen that she will massively overshadow a lot of my collection. Mostly because I saw her as the "star" of ALIENS.

I really do hope that hot toys make a queen alien it would be amazing then i probably would bye the power loader just for the match up. Ive seen reviews of the loader and the detail looks great but the ripley figure is a bit of a hot toys turkey for me (aahhh the joints) well maybe its better in person

The breakage is due to the rubber hoses hardening/shrinking over the plastic pegs and the constant stress from the way the hoses are routed.

I had mine displayed untouched for 3 years and when I went to repose it 6 of the pegs broke all by themselves. Then another 2 years later I packed it up for storage which required removing all x20 hoses. In total 33 out of 40 pegs broke when I tried to remove the hoses. HORRIBLE design and choice of materials for the pegs from Hot Toys, but I'm just happy they actually made a Power Loader.

My kit will permanently fix this issue.

this is one piece i really wish and hope hot toys would reconsider redoing a version 2 for. alot of people missed out on this and it could use a redo as well.not just the power loader, the entire movie could use a proper redo especially those marines.

how about v2 in the die cast style?

hard to say no to power loaders but at HT prices it would be a pass for me, still no queen to go with and I have the dio

Back