Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally have a working Power Loader. I only had a small problem with one of the plastic buckles at the top of the harness coming straight out of the box broken. Not much of an issue once I glue it. The cage lights up, dome light works, and the pistons weren't much of an issue. Though I think they gave me a Ripley with two left forearms, not much of a difference between the two so I'm okay with that.
Mark sent out my replacment quickly, I got it a couple days after he sent it so thanks for that! Not nearly as nice of a return process as the Pred 2 figure, but I guess that's to be expected for such a large item.

Yeah got the full set........Apone, Ripley, Drake & Hudson from a company in the UK....all built and ready to rock...as it happens picked Hicks up for a very good price from France through ebay for $125 so well happy with that one.....using the standard head but have sourced a custom over the net plus getting a load of other stuff as well like additional BDU's, M41A pulse rifles, helmets etc that have been produced etc.....I want to do some custom characters to place with the standard set..oh and Vasquez is on her way.......

Going to play with doing some other custom characters for films within the subject matter over the next few weeks but rest assured if they make the grade they will go up on the forum to see what you think as value peoples feedback although nowhere near as good as some of the masters here :chew

Since August boy have I bought a lot.........Santa will be coming will lots of deliveries over the next week or two :D

Well, get this gang, My battery powered area died. I think it just gave out.
I actually haven't run it all that often, and had new batteries in it, but it died. I am not that worried though. It can't last forever. I am not about to go though all that much trouble to get a new mid section, so it's what it is. a nice figure that doesn't glow. SO be it! :lol

At least mine has cool dings!

(my HOW TO DING VIDEO will be online soon, for those of you not yet ready to mar your PL! )

Sorry to hear about that Les. To me that happened a little too soon but it's something you'd might have to live with. Maybe you can get Hurricane to fix it, and possibly also address the noisy rotating dome light?

christmas has come early.................just taken delivery today of my Power Loader from second chance SS and a hot toy Scar :D

Collection is coming on a treat....

:chew:chew:chew:chew

Well, get this gang, My battery powered area died. I think it just gave out.
I actually haven't run it all that often, and had new batteries in it, but it died. I am not that worried though. It can't last forever. I am not about to go though all that much trouble to get a new mid section, so it's what it is. a nice figure that doesn't glow. SO be it! :lol

Well that sucks. What could have made it suddenly fail like that I wonder? Do you think it could be a bad contact somewhere, or maybe a loose connection? Seems strange it would gimp out so soon after you got it, 'cause it ought to be good for at least a couple hundred hours of continuous operation, wouldn't you think? Maybe you don't feel like messing with it now, but it might just be something relatively simple that you could fix yourself. I hope for your sake it turns out to be something minor, 'cause we all know how much you love that thing! Here's to finding a quick and easy solution!

Finally opened my loader on Christmas and I must say, I'm much more impressed with it than I thought I would be. Even after looking at all the great pictures you guys posted, I still didn't really understand how impressive this piece was. And Ripley looks surprisingly good. Maybe not a perfect likeness, but I think it works well.

I had a few minor issues with the assembly. Of course the pistons were stuck, but I removed the axle thingie attaching them to the loader and was able to get a good grip. Then the end of one of the pistons came off, but some superglue fixed that. One of the little rods on the back where the hoses attach also broke off, so I drilled a hole with a pin vise where it was and replaced it with part of a paper clip that I glued in place. The hoses were a bit of a pain, since they weren't labeled.

power_loader1.jpg

I also made a simple base for my Bishop with a pool of milky white "blood" on it. He just sort of sits on top of it.

bd_bishop9.jpg

to be truly screen accruate the base needs a whole cut in it so the lower half of bishop can hide out of view........ :lol

Seriously though looks like an excellent piece of work

finally got my powerloader today. one of the best pieces I now have in my collection!

Couldn't agree more. I got mine delivered around Christmas and tucked it neatly away until I had the time to put it together. Finally got all the hoses on yesterday night, and dressed up Ripley with the beautiful repaint that Les did for my original Ripley figure and am just in AWE of this thing! It is without a doubt, the COOLEST piece I have right now and will make for the MOST IMPRESSIVE 1/6 display in the collection once we finally get that HT 1/6 Queen!

I thought ED-209 was amazing, but the poseability on the Power Loader is even better that I could have hoped. I mean, it is a bit fragile, but with all the working pistons and joints...AMAZING!

Oh, I also had the same problem with those back pistons. I even stripped some of the silver paint off of them getting them open (and sliced my thumb open!). It's like they were painted shut! Guess I'll have to do a little touch-up. Oh well, at least the thing is supposed to look 'weathered'. :rolleyes:

Take some pictures when you can Indiana Fett. I'd love to see your Ripley in the PL with Les's great custom repaint! :D

Couldn't agree more. I got mine delivered around Christmas and tucked it neatly away until I had the time to put it together. Finally got all the hoses on yesterday night, and dressed up Ripley with the beautiful repaint that Les did for my original Ripley figure and am just in AWE of this thing! It is without a doubt, the COOLEST piece I have right now and will make for the MOST IMPRESSIVE 1/6 display in the collection once we finally get that HT 1/6 Queen!

I thought ED-209 was amazing, but the poseability on the Power Loader is even better that I could have hoped. I mean, it is a bit fragile, but with all the working pistons and joints...AMAZING!

Oh, I also had the same problem with those back pistons. I even stripped some of the silver paint off of them getting them open (and sliced my thumb open!). It's like they were painted shut! Guess I'll have to do a little touch-up. Oh well, at least the thing is supposed to look 'weathered'. :rolleyes:

Congrats INDY!

Finally. Definitely one of the coolest Collectibles we will ever see. And that's just what I did. Used the V1 FML repainted Rip to pose her and it looks like a virtual live film still. Also detailed the hell out of it. Remember to weather Rip's shirt and pants too. I posted a ton of pics here but can't wait to see yours. I couldn't be happier, so here's to you My Man! :duff It was a long wait but SO worth it...

And, When the Queen comes this thing will be priceless! :cool:

I'll see if I can do that this weekend JediMike71. :chew

Cool, thanks! I'll repaint my "repaint" of Ripley's head someday. I just don't like how I made her look older in my repaint. I was going for a "mad" look for her. I'm kinda embarassed guys. I know she needs a lot of work. I'll get on it again sometime soon.

100_6655.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone else who's received their Power Loader from Sideshow get a notice in their email last night about back order coming in and being processed soon?

Just put mine together yesterday... This thing is a modern marvel. :google

Makes me all the more excited for the QUEEN... I think we can trust Hot Toys to produce a much more accurate queen than McFarlane, liberties they took with that figure always drove me nuts.

Just put mine together yesterday... This thing is a modern marvel. :google

Makes me all the more excited for the QUEEN... I think we can trust Hot Toys to produce a much more accurate queen than McFarlane, liberties they took with that figure always drove me nuts.

It is AB, it is...

I'm sure Howard Chan and the good folks at HT Design have figured this out. Not so sure how they'll scale it. Hoping to see it at TF.

In the Aliens CE Cameron cut DVD they said the Queen was actually 24 ft tall. I'm guessing we'll see one that is hunched over to battle the PL...

My only complaint now, after having this PL for so long, is that my light switch button no longer works. You can push it in, but no contact or reaction. I changed the batts and no change. I think some aspect of it just stopped making contact inside there. It hasn't been bumped or moved or anything. It simply stopped working.

It's not like I can get an easy replacement for that segment now either. I have dinged it and whatnot with paint, so I may just not care if it works anymore or not.
I have considered taking that section apart, but it's glued, so...UGH! What to do....:monkey2

Oh well....

It still looks cool even with no working lights.

Who cares bro, dont let that drag you down the way you made it look is awesome. I reckon Hurricane could do some trippy **** to that light like he did with the Shoulder Lamps

I hadn't originally planned to get one, but I recently got a very good deal on an Aoshima Power Loader. (A combination of a 20% off sale and some referral credit at Playasia.com made it around $30 before shipping.) It's actually pretty nice. The obvious weak point is Ripley -- her face makes her look like a middle-aged Japanese lady. But the loader itself is pretty well done, even if there are some visible screws, which kind of messes up the overall look. I much prefer the Hot Toys version (along with Jabba, it's one of the centerpieces of my collection) but it's a nice piece. I got a Skynet/Aoshima Alien to go with it, since it's also in the same scale. The alien is OK, but there are some parts that just look off. The head is nice, though, and well painted. Anyway, it was cheap.

aoshima_power_loader.jpg

And here's the Hot Toys, Aoshima, and Medicom Kubrick versions all together:

power_loader_group.jpg

Back