Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm impressed that Padme is selling the best. I can't believe it took so long for the character to get a Hot Toy.

Same! I thought Mace would of taken over both her and Anakin, but he couldn't even get past Anakin.

I think within the next few days Kenobi will be at the top anyway.

We all have collection regrets and I sympathize.

Unfortunately with this and the OWK version already on the way, another Obi-Wan soon feels unlikely. They seem to have moved on to CW 20th and ROTJ 40th is this year as well. They’ll also be busy with The Mandalorian Season 3 and Ahsoka on top of that.

Might be more likely that you get another shot at a ROTS version if they do a 2.0 for ROTS 20th. They could include his TCW forearm armor to entice people who already have one. That and OWK Season 2 Obi-Wan feel more likely to take up future slots.

Might have to be AOTC 25th for an Episode II version at this point.
I feel like you might be right about that. I don't see an AotC Kenobi for quite some time either. I believe he has to be on the Hot Toys workbench though, considering all of the Episode II stuff we're getting now. Especially since we're finally getting that AotC Anakin. But yeah, I doubt HT will be showing any teaser of him for quite some time yet.
Getting a re-release of the RotS Obi and Anakin would be pretty nice too. I'd definitely pick them both up this time if they decide to do that.

Does his head look a little small to anyone else? The body and the outfit look massive.

14D77ADA-99FC-4BA1-A104-05739D333BEA.jpeg

I chalk this up to an illusion. He’s got so many layers between the undersuit, robes, armor, and cape that I think it just makes him look larger than normal.
I'm in agreement with this. Something about his R arm, his stance and the flow of the cape that makes this look off. Definitely not a flattering pic of him.

He's 6.5-7 heads tall. Seems about right. Maybe the wide shoulder armour makes it seems smaller.

I think starting from this point I will try as much as I could to limit buying figures from other series and will intensively focus on the Prequels and Clone Wars line.

I’ve been feeling the same way recently, DC.

I’m sure there’s going to be Star Wars content I like or even love in the future, but that alone no longer feels enough to warrant investing heavily in it.

We only have so much time, space, and resources - space especially for those of us with a lot of figures - that you have to absolutely love something in a special way to make it worthwhile.

I’ve mostly been good about keeping my original focus. I prefer troopers so I don’t typically pick up characters unless there’s a place for them already. But I’m going to be even more selective moving forward. Troopers first, OT and PT/TCW characters second, and Mando third over everything else most likely.

Totally agree. The only thing missing for me now is a new Han. Ideally Bespin, but I’d take one in the ROTJ anniversary line.
I wonder if hot toys avoids han solo because of Ford abusing the ANH solo toy on late night tv? Kind of silly if thats the reason. I mean Ford wants to make money, hot toys wants to make money, so....

I can't focus on any other figure's details at the moment. I'm still in awe and basking in the greatness of InArt's Aragorn figure.
If InArt picks up Star Wars licence, will everyone replace their HT figures with InArt ones? I'd definitely be tempted if they came out as good as Aragorn.

I wonder if hot toys avoids han solo because of Ford abusing the ANH solo toy on late night tv? Kind of silly if thats the reason. I mean Ford wants to make money, hot toys wants to make money, so....

No that's a baseless internet claim someone came up with. The Stormtrooper Han was put up for preorder like a year or two after that.

Ford is 80 and has tons of money and he'll leave his family with millions and millions of income from his rights for years after his death. He's definitely some sort of carmudgen about high end stuff. I don't think anything high end has been made since that Stormtrooper Han, maybe like 1 Sideshow statue but it's been at least 5 years for that too.

I definitely would if it was one I wanted in the collection

Would be terrifying for all our wallets if it happened. Though I don’t think it will unless something drastically changes with the license.

If they do, the first figure better be an InArt 1:6 scale George Lucas figure otherwise what’s the point.

A5C81172-BA70-4FB7-9BB3-ED498C2A2B8D.jpeg

:lol

It's difficult to restrain yourself from continuously opening that door with all these new releases. I've opened the door more-and-more from my initial intentions to collecting Hot Toys. It's mostly due to releases from past content that I've been anticipating to newer content that I've been enjoying. If I can stay within those boundaries, I think I'll have an enjoyable time collecting Hot Toys. I haven't got to the point where I regret a purchase so I'm thankful for that.

Back