Hot Toys New Production run of Joker 2.0 DX 11 ? Also I am hooked

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Civil War will just regular release. No any DX from them so far, last one is DX14 89 Mime Joker

I must say they are not interesting continue it since regular release just up in quality, people seems dont care anymore with it anyway. At first DX supposed have better sculpt, better accessories , packaging than regular release. But now regular release just good as DX without PERS there. So many people hate PERS though.

OK, boy this is sad I'm a sucker for the DX packaging. And from reading all the comments its true DX might be dead. Evidenced by the new AOU Captain. Did you see that head scult dead on. And Armory Batman again better eyes and mouths. None were DX releases.

FYI I loves PERS so cool. And I'd like a rerelease of DX11 so I could pose one keeping a mint sealed one in plastic and shipper box. Without spending $700 on one which I could not justify 2 so I sold one and got HulkBuster kinda makes Hulkbustser seem like a good value.

And also we need a petition for a DX Ironman, in a metal box too. Because all the RDJ head sculpts are bad to date. And if anyone needs a DX its Ironman picked up Mechanic for $150 a steal.

I don't think the DX line was ever supposed to include a "better" sculpt as in better sculpting/paint. Nor did they ever claim it to be. Only a sculpt with PERS. Initially it seemed the DX line was supposed to be the "full package" consisting of iconic character with a plethora of items etc. But very quickly the only guarantee or constant of the DX line was PERS and foam inserts in the packaging. That's it. And I think a DX Iron Man would be redundant. That's just me.

I don't think the DX line was ever supposed to include a "better" sculpt as in better sculpting/paint. Nor did they ever claim it to be. Only a sculpt with PERS. Initially it seemed the DX line was supposed to be the "full package" consisting of iconic character with a plethora of items etc. But very quickly the only guarantee or constant of the DX line was PERS and foam inserts in the packaging. That's it. And I think a DX Iron Man would be redundant. That's just me.

Bite your tongue. :monkey4

tumblr_m6e089xgan1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

[emoji38] Well I know YOU would like it. But HT has been pretty good to IM. And as far as I can tell they've done well with him too, though I'm not an Iron Man aficionado . He's had a plethora of armors, numerous accessories, Stark figures, plenty of environment pieces to make your own lab, even die-cast. The only thing I can think of to be added is PERS.

A DX Iron Man would have two things different from typical Iron Man releases, I bet--PERS on Tony's sculpt, and a separate outfit/body for a Tony figure to go alongside the Iron Man itself. So ultimately, the PERS would be the only new thing added that we haven't seen elsewhere. Possibly a new stand.

DX1 joker was improvement from previous joker release

6DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

to this

3_MMSDXJoker7.jpg

On same year HT still release this headsculpt for regular MMS

Spoiler Spoiler:

DX is line for good headsculpt back then

A DX Iron Man would have two things different from typical Iron Man releases, I bet--PERS on Tony's sculpt, and a separate outfit/body for a Tony figure to go alongside the Iron Man itself. So ultimately, the PERS would be the only new thing added that we haven't seen elsewhere. Possibly a new stand.

Maybe an armor that is opening could be included with a Stark fig so you could display Stark getting in it with a dynamic stand. Something along these lines:

Anthony_Stark_(Earth-199999)_with_Iron_Man_Armor_MK_VII_(Earth-199999)_from_Marvel%27s_The_Avengers_001.jpg

tony-stark-leaps-into-armor-mid-air.jpg

DX1 joker was improvement from previous joker release

6DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

to this

3_MMSDXJoker7.jpg

On same year HT still release this headsculpt for regular MMS

Spoiler Spoiler:

DX is line for good headsculpt back then

But the same year they did these. Both MMS, and both are better than the DX Joker.

So yeah, I think what I was saying still stands. They also has The Comedian and Aldo Raines that same year if I'm not mistaken. Both excellent head sculpts.

I think the original bank robber Joker sculpts (which were released around the same time as the V1 figure shown above) both beat the DX01. Maybe not in paint refinement, but in terms of sculpt.

:lol Like Bats and Jokers, there's always room for improvement. ;)

My Guess is A. they do a DX Iron Man with DX RBJ Head PERS of course sculpt interchangable, and a a light up Jarvis Module or some other must have Exclusive people go nuts for it DX Version with tons of accesories $300 Standard, IMO the Gantry is Dumb not really highly detailed just stuff. Thats the DX Iron Man or and Super Cool Box Metal Box.

Or they are Saving the DX for the 1/4th scale Iron Man with Individual Finger articulation (heck if 3A can do it for 1/6 HALO Figures) with tiny arc reactor
OR a crazy 1/4th scale DX that Iron Man can open up and reveal a tiny poseable Tony Stark to come out of.

Lets face it there no way HT does not do at least 1 DX Iron Man. Thats crazy awesome, They are just Busy Cashing in on each Version, I currently OWN NONE
except my Hulkbuster and Ultron that I pre-ordered by selling one of my DX11 Jokers 2.0's

FYI can't believe theres no DX Captain America its a must have Captain America 12 Inch Action Figure 12 Inch Marvel

I bet you they do a Battle Damaged version for Civil War.

The DX line is dead. Back to the Future was announced as a DX but Marty was just a regular figure. At this point the only real difference between a DX and regular figure is the fancy box and posable eyes.

They won't make DX Marvel figures, they don't need to. They sell well enough as it is. Why spend more money to make something that's already selling? Plus a DX Iron Man would probably be over $400, which would be too expensive for most. The figures already have individual finger articulation too.

An Iron Man suit that opens up to reveal Tony would be awesome but an extremely complicated figure to make since in the movie it's all cgi. I'm not sure it would even be possible to make. The current Marvel figures are great. I'm not even the biggest Marvel fan and I think they're fantastic. If you're avoiding them.because you're holding out for a DX version stop. It's not going to happen and you're missing out on some of the best figures Hot Toys makes.

:lecture It really is. You gotta think even from a price point. The DX line was between $250-$300. A lot of regular figures are more than that these days. There is no need for DX.

*shakes fist in air.

But the cool packaging. Part of the fun was ordering 3 HOT TOYs and having a mini Christmas in July when I got part of my yearly performance bonus. Noo !

Sucks. Maybe Hulkbuster. Mark 43 and 1989 Jack Nicolas Joker will tide me over.

Back