Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if I still had a DX01 I would sell it today, the 2.0 in my opinion is sure to be a big improvement on the DX01 and I am absolutely certain it will have the purple suit, minus perhaps the grenade rig. You can get a pretty penny for a DX01 on ebay these days. :lecture

The grenade rig is my favorite part of dx01, thats how I currenty have him posed. Decisions decisions

Somewhere in the middle

DX08 is extra high due to the cost of Nicholson's likeness presumably.

On the other hand all HT figures have gone up in cost since the DX01 was sold due to inflation/them taking advantage of their monopoly.

Exactly. Inflation has nothing to do with it.

Out of a $150 figure in 2009, i'm guessing cost of production all in was maybe $50-60. Even if there has been 30% inflation (including higher wages to sculptors and factory painters), that would make a max $18 increase.

Now the $150 figures go for $210-240, so yeah, given my assumptions, most of the price increases are just pure profit.

as long as the sculpt is up to par with what HT has been bringing out like the 89 jack joker, I dont mind paying 200+

Yeah, I can actually see myself thinning out as well, focusing mainly on Batman, DC PFs and HT superheroes.

Is it me or are most of us selling to get cash for new stuff? Glut of older HT stuff going up for sale everywhere!

Yes we have to prioritize- days of impulse buying are over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back