1/6 Hot Toys: Mysterio's Drones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize this movie was so popular that people would spend $160 on a 1/6 drone.

I loved the movie and would probably be grabbing these, but I passed on Mysterio without the Jake sculpt. I realize that's almost certainly on Jake and not HT, but it's quite annoying since he's in the movie so much without the helmet. I would've liked even a mo-cap suit version of the character lol, I'm kind of surprised a 3rd party hasn't done one up yet.

For those wondering about the Third Party Drones, they look decent on hand

View attachment 493967 View attachment 493968

They do look pretty nice. Do they come with any sort of stand? Any moving pieces?

Yes, it does look good. Does it attach to a dynamic stand similar to HT's, or does it employ a unique method/stand?

Have not tried it that yet. But I would not recommend it because their is a bit of a weight on this things (Due to the built in battery for the LED light effects)

They provide a clear stand which is a bit flimsy in my opinion. So I have use one of my spare generic stand instead.

Attachments

• 20200825_162212.jpg
    20200825_162212.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20200825_162306.jpg
    20200825_162306.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
They do look pretty nice. Do they come with any sort of stand? Any moving pieces?[/QUOTE]

As I mention, they provide one but not recommended. No moving parts, but their is a push button switch a the back to turn on the green led light

20200825_162436.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone thinks this will be a shelf warmer or buy it while it's hot?

Shoot, you better buy it (ordered 2 sets myself) because as soon as I drop this idea down below, everyone is going to want to get them.

Ready yourself: I actually plan on using mine as
Cobra Drones for my 1/6 and 1/12 G.I. Joes

Shoot, you better buy it (ordered 2 sets myself) because as soon as I drop this idea down below, everyone is going to want to get them.

Ready yourself: I actually plan on using mine as
Cobra Drones for my 1/6 and 1/12 G.I. Joes

I don't follow GI Joe...so that doesn't mean anything to me. Is GI Joe even a popular IP anymore?

I don't follow GI Joe...so that doesn't mean anything to me. Is GI Joe even a popular IP anymore?

It sort of exploded in the last year since Hasbro finally launched a 6" line. I've seen 1 Joe figure in store in the last year total. ThreeZero started a 1/6 line with (very reasonably priced $145-150) figures of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Mezco is even starting a line, they put Destro up for preorder recently.

That said, I don't really know what a Cobra drone is lol, I haven't seen the cartoon in 25 years.

It sort of exploded in the last year since Hasbro finally launched a 6" line. I've seen 1 Joe figure in store in the last year total. ThreeZero started a 1/6 line with (very reasonably priced $145-150) figures of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Mezco is even starting a line, they put Destro up for preorder recently.

That said, I don't really know what a Cobra drone is lol, I haven't seen the cartoon in 25 years.

Guess it was only a good idea to me, lol

Cobra used them in G.I. Joe Renegades but you could image even without that, an organization like Cobra & M.A.R.S. Industries would employ such tech in the field.

Anyone thinks this will be a shelf warmer or buy it while it's hot?

Hard to say. Spidey fans that passed on the Homemade suit the first time around probably ordered it & the Upgrade suit from FFH, so they'll already have one of each size drone. That might satisfy them. But of course there are always those folks (like me lol) who'll want several of them to augment their Mysterio figures, so maybe don't sleep on it too long? :D

Hard to say. Spidey fans that passed on the Homemade suit the first time around probably ordered it & the Upgrade suit from FFH, so they'll already have one of each size drone. That might satisfy them. But of course there are always those folks (like me lol) who'll want several of them to augment their Mysterio figures, so maybe don't sleep on it too long? :D

Yeah...guess I'll put in an order by April at the earliest. I'll wait for some video reviews before making any decisions.

I got one of the drones parted out from the FFH figure. I also pre-ordered like 4 of the 3rd party light up drones from Toy Origin, but given their track record, I may see them next year (if ever). So yeah, I need a LOT of drones to go with mysterio. Those third party drones will need some weathering from the looks of the promo photos

Hey has anyone purchased from KGHobby before? What's their shipping rates to the US like?

I see they have this avail for preorder still at an attractive price, so I'm contemplating pulling the trigger, but would like to know what their shipping is like before doing so.

Thanks in advance!

my recent experience with KG hobby's shipping has been about 2 weeks to the US. They may offer expedited shipping as well, which I would certainly encourage in these covid times

my recent experience with KG hobby's shipping has been about 2 weeks to the US. They may offer expedited shipping as well, which I would certainly encourage in these covid times

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I should have been more clear, was wondering about their shipping prices...do they offer free shipping? And if not, what is their cheapest option available? But I appreciate the feedback on shipping times!

the last time I chose the cheapest shipping from Asia, it took 3 months to get to me. Yes, KG charges shipping. Not sure of their tiers in pricing, but the last figure I bought from them was the VTS ranger and shipping was about 25 bucks. Not sure if I got expedited shipping or not

Back