1/6 Hot Toys: Mysterio's Drones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full disclosure - I bought the $159.90 drone listed above. But I received @$100 PayPal refund the same day for an item bought back in May that never arrived, so net cost to me was about $75.

Lol. Your maths is wrong.
Surely you still paid $159.90?
Getting $100 back for something you paid for that didn?t arrive is irrelevant. It?s great to get a refund. But you still paid $159.90($259.90 for two items, but refunded $100 for the item that didn?t arrive is a net cost of $159.90 for the drone), as you only have one item to show for it.

Getting $100 back for something you paid for that didn?t arrive is irrelevant. It?s great to get a refund. But you still paid $159.90($259.90 for two items, but refunded $100 for the item that didn?t arrive is a net cost of $159.90 for the drone), as you only have one item to show for it.

Yes, you're absolutely right. But I'd considered that other item as a sunk cost, as it was an international purchase that I learned I wasn't entitled to a refund on per eBay policy, so to get it nearly 3 months after my initial order was an unexpected bonus. So I was speaking in terms of net cash flow relative to my monthly budget when I said it "cost" me $75. :D

Yes, you're absolutely right. But I'd considered that other item as a sunk cost, as it was an international purchase that I learned I wasn't entitled to a refund on per eBay policy, so to get it nearly 3 months after my initial order was an unexpected bonus. So I was speaking in terms of net cash flow relative to my monthly budget when I said it "cost" me $75. :D

Do you provide crash courses for accounting? I'll sign my wife up. :lol

So TBA has this up for preorder...first batch will cost approx. $125 USD, whereas later batches will cost approx. $95 USD.

Kinda what I thought this would end up costing...so based on those prices, I'm guessing SS is gonna gouge it to like $130 or $140 range...?

Well, mine also came with the fork you need for attaching it to the dynamic stand. Most of the ones on eBay don't. So it's more like $80 for the drone, $80 for the fork. :lol
Forky_waving.jpg = $80

What a bargain!

I also expected it to be a bit more on ssc. If it was over $120 I was going to pass on it. But I ordered a set just for the hell of it. I don't want another homemade suit spidey so this is a nice bonus for those that have the first one and want the big drone.

Last edited:

:lol That's great, but actually...

It turns out my math was right, because that $100 refunded item (BTW, the seller and I both were refunded) was delivered yesterday by USPS! The box looked like an accordion, but somehow the contents survived unscathed. Truly bizarre. DHL Global's tracking last showed it in Germany on May 12th, and then nothing until it arrived at my local post office yesterday. Neither DHL's nor USPS's tracking shows any detail about what happened to it between those two dates. Given everything that's transpired with COVID I wasn't shocked when DHL declared it "lost", but I was gobsmacked when I saw it on my front porch.

So YES, now the Drone ACTUALLY only cost me $75! :rotfl

:lol That's great, but actually...

It turns out my math was right, because that $100 refunded item (BTW, the seller and I both were refunded) was delivered yesterday by USPS! The box looked like an accordion, but somehow the contents survived unscathed. Truly bizarre. DHL Global's tracking last showed it in Germany on May 12th, and then nothing until it arrived at my local post office yesterday. Neither DHL's nor USPS's tracking shows any detail about what happened to it between those two dates. Given everything that's transpired with COVID I wasn't shocked when DHL declared it "lost", but I was gobsmacked when I saw it on my front porch.

So YES, now the Drone ACTUALLY only cost me $75! :rotfl
That doesn’t change the maths in the original post, lol.
But you have lucked out.

That doesn?t change the maths in the original post, lol.
But you have lucked out.

Yes, very lucky indeed. I actually feel quite silly for having used that refund as some kind of justification for overspending on the drone. If I had to do that every time I paid too much for something related to this hobby I'd have given it up a long time ago. :lol The fact is I wanted it, I figured (wrongly as it turned out) that there wasn't going to be a better deal anytime soon, so I bought it. Not the first time that's happened, and probably won't be the last. NBD...

Yes, very lucky indeed. I actually feel quite silly for having used that refund as some kind of justification for overspending on the drone. If I had to do that every time I paid too much for something related to this hobby I'd have given it up a long time ago. :lol The fact is I wanted it, I figured (wrongly as it turned out) that there wasn't going to be a better deal anytime soon, so I bought it. Not the first time that's happened, and probably won't be the last. NBD...

It was your unsuspecting old lady neighbor...not DHL...she just got tired of going through your shipment.

Back